Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
-LSD-

Trader Rating: (2)
-LSD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
KA KA24de, idle issue and more...

Hey peoples of zilvia =) wondering if anyone will be able to help me out with my issue.

Here we go...i built a ka and im about to turbocharge it, but while im braking in the motor, trying to fix some issues...

So when the car is cold everything running ok, but once it gets to operational temp its acting a bit weird. when the car isnt in motion idle is pretty stable, yeah once in a while it wil drop a little ~50rpm, but nothing serious, but if im going anything over 10mph and i put it in neutral rpm fluctuating from like 200rpm up to 1500rpm, sometimes even trying to stall (only happen once), so i always downshift when im coming to a stop sign or traffic light. Also i cant cruise for shit, its either accel or deccel, but right as im getting in this area when im not slowing down or speeding up, the car slightly stumbles and backfires a little bit (i can hear quiet pops), its getting annoying. Besides that its running good.

I had some thoughts about it. I have s14 manifold installed, since i was going to go ka-t, but i didnt use only the top park like many ppl do, i just put the whole thing in. im wondering if any sensors on the s14 mani are different from s13, temp sensor wasnt working so i replaced it with the one from my old s13 manifold, i checked part number on the temp sensor that sends signal to the ecu and they are identical, but if its not working correctly would it cause that? Also i dont have any emissions. its all deleted and pcv routed to the catch can and back in to the intake. (pcv valve - catch can - intake). Alse i blocked of all of the vaccum ports on intake, i drilled em tapped and but plugs with teflon in it, so im confident there is no vacuum leaks. I didnt have a chance to check the the rest of the sensors, but i assumed they are same on s14-s13, can anyone confirm it? also i think s14 mani is from obd1 car if it makes any difference, but im not 100% positive.

If anyone have any thoughts or any kinda of ideas i will be glad to hear em out. thanks in advance.
-LSD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links