Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #8851
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Hey nate, how did you find out you had a cracked gastank??
the pool of 7 gallons on my driveway gave it away =(
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #8852
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #8853
mattack69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
mattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mattack69 Send a message via MSN to mattack69 Send a message via Yahoo to mattack69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7evil View Post

Nice ass. No homo.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #8854
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
I thought I posted everything on my last comment about the lens glare and what not, I guess people do not read my shit all the way through and just look at the pictures and ask questions that's already been answered.

yes it looks like a giant W when I'm driving at night.
Yes most horrible glare/cut off headlight I've seen in my life.
Yes it's brighter at night and I haven't gotten flashed just yet in those years with my setup.

Hell, it's worse to have HID's with oem lens covers because it appears 'brighter' to on coming traffic and I got flashed at at night with that setup plenty of times. It lights up the whole headlight and keeping the light in to appear brighter and not on the road. atleast the clear lens lets the light actually beam out. the light output won't be any better either way unless you do projector retrofit with clear lens.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #8855
nathanong87
Post Whore!

preach on brudda!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #8856
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
A giant W, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #8857
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
it's those little flute things on the oem headlights that give it the "oem cutoff"

with clear lenses u are simply scattering light everywhere, hence the glare. the "right" way is to get some tsx projectors or something and retrofit them into the headlights as that will give you a defined cutoff!

^ kinda why i've kept my oem covers... when they are clear they look fine to me. it's when they yellow they look sucky.
Thanks Nate, something that I would have never thought about.
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #8858
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
I thought I posted everything on my last comment about the lens glare and what not, I guess people do not read my shit all the way through and just look at the pictures and ask questions that's already been answered.

Yes it's brighter at night and I haven't gotten flashed just yet in those years with my setup.

Hell, it's worse to have HID's with oem lens covers because it appears 'brighter' to on coming traffic and I got flashed at at night with that setup plenty of times. It lights up the whole headlight and keeping the light in to appear brighter and not on the road. atleast the clear lens lets the light actually beam out. the light output won't be any better either way unless you do projector retrofit with clear lens.
Thanks for the answer man. Straight to the pointn appreciate it. How do I aim my HID's though? It seems like when I put them in there wasn't really anything ti use to aim them with? Is that what the little green-ish bubble thing on the actual headlight housing is for? Sorry for the stupid ass questions...
Irresistible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #8859
nathanong87
Post Whore!

i'm pretty sure there are adjustment screws similar to normal non-hid headlights. i dunno if u'll have a little green leveler thing, but u can line em up against a wall or something. usually there is a certain height u want them at @ ____ feet away from the wall.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #8860
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
the pool of 7 gallons on my driveway gave it away =(
and the hissing when you uncap your gas tank for gas. I might have to replace mine because every time i go to get gas, i don't hear the hissing noise (i fill up $20 and get half tank though...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post

i read, but i was showing the cutoff plate for people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
A giant W, you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M9C4BHBwGo
Old 11-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #8861
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
and the hissing when you uncap your gas tank for gas. I might have to replace mine because every time i go to get gas, i don't hear the hissing noise (i fill up $20 and get half tank though...)

i read, but i was showing the cutoff plate for people.

Do you still have all your emissions and shit? Could have something not allowing the tank to build pressure as well
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #8862
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
yea, all my emissions are there (stock ka) im doing a tune-up on my motor for the next following weeks. the last time i checked, my ecu threw a bad front o2 sensor and the solenoid thing.

only sometimes, my tank would do the hissing noise. imma check the codes again later on this week though.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #8863
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
yea, all my emissions are there (stock ka) im doing a tune-up on my motor for the next following weeks. the last time i checked, my ecu threw a bad front o2 sensor and the solenoid thing.

only sometimes, my tank would do the hissing noise. imma check the codes again later on this week though.
As in vent solenoid? More then likely thats your problemish
Old 11-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #8864
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
i too would like to see ur car on full TEs

edit:
CONCAVE vs LIP
i'm thinking about 17x9.5+12 / 18x10.5+15 TE37s in white. is there a reason why i shouldn't sell my wheels? for TEs?
18s all around put your fender at the wheel all around...be the zenki version of this:

Hottest hach ever - EVER.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #8865
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Is the hissing noise bad? When I fill gas it hisses and I always thought it was normal...
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #8866
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

hahaha no its normal. Your fuel tank needs to be pressurized and all those little emissions things on your car make that happen. Its normal condition.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #8867
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
#Pic of sick hatch#

OMG so awesome
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #8868
DertyDan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
DertyDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
converted to stock to sell... i need moneys to build a track car. who needs a daily these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNgo12 View Post
Is the hissing noise bad? When I fill gas it hisses and I always thought it was normal...
it is normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
A giant W, you say?

diversify your bonds
DertyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #8869
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFRAT View Post
hahaha no its normal. Your fuel tank needs to be pressurized and all those little emissions things on your car make that happen. Its normal condition.
Oh shit. Whew... Okay good, was getting worried about replacing a cracked gas tank or something for a minute there...
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #8870
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
you can aim the headlight level with the clear lens and HID's, no it won't be so accurate any more.
I have mine aimed down all the way and even then it lights up the road pretty well, and HID's being HID's, they light up the road reflectors and road signs really well reguardless where it's aimed at.
Just look at the pictures I posted in previous page and it should give you a rough idea how it would look at night driving.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #8871
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
18s all around put your fender at the wheel all around...be the zenki version of this:
i was thinking some more along the lines of this guy. except i'll be a way worse driver. best hatch from america perhaps.

but i think i still am trying to get on this guy's level. bubble jacket is on backorder.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #8872
1on1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFRAT
As in vent solenoid? More then likely thats your problemish
i believe so, it's like code 35, 33, or 3?

i hope i can find a used one because i remember some dude bought a new one and it was a poopton of cash.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #8873
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
i believe so, it's like code 35, 33, or 3?

i hope i can find a used one because i remember some dude bought a new one and it was a poopton of cash.
i dont know if no hissing is a sign of a bad gas tank, but the morning that i woke up to the puddle of gas, i opened up my gas cap and it was the first time i had not heard a hiss. it was strange
Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #8874
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyDan View Post
converted to stock to sell... i need moneys to build a track car. who needs a daily these days

it is normal

diversify your bonds
YOU should pm me. I want to get rid of a race car for a street car.

You may have seen it before. If not I can post pictures
Old 11-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #8875
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
I think 17/18 looks good on certain applications, but your aero is so aggressive I think 18s all around would give you a way more dramatic look - especially since you could have the fender at the wheel all the way around.....I mean unless you think you can pull that off with 17s up front.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 11-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #8876
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

I'm thinking 18/19 staggar.

what yall think?

18/19 stagger with rpf1's in silver for my purple one.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #8877
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

19s are a bitch to fit out back - but if you can do fender to wheel up front and tuck a little out back it'll be pretty outrageous.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 11-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #8878
angels12
Leaky Injector

angels12 is an unknown quantity at this point
happy i get my car back and my zenky sticker hahahaha
angels12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #8879
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
if you do it, a few years down the line and people will be doing 19/ 20 stagger.

the thought makes me wanna barf.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #8880
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
19s are a bitch to fit out back - but if you can do fender to wheel up front and tuck a little out back it'll be pretty outrageous.
I'd raise my car a bit if anything, I'm done trying to be low and 'flush', so i'm looking for a decent fitting wheels, trying to put down atleast 275's in the rear.