Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
93DRIFT

Trader Rating: (0)
93DRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
broken bolt

so i was trying to tighten the alternator belt beacause it was screeching like shit, and i must have over tightend it and i broke the bolt, now my question..... anyone had this happen to them? do i need to take it to a shop and have them fix it or can i just drill out the bolt and put in a new one. i dont know if its just that easy to find the right bolt or what, let me know what you ppl think....any help is appreciated. thanks
graham
93DRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
95civicEX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
95civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 95civicEX
if the bolt is broken off inside the hole the easiest way is to use an easy out kit (basically a conical shaped, counterthreaded bit - you drill out a hole in the middle of the bolt then use the easy out to unscrew it out of the hole), if the bolt is accessable however, just grab it with some vice grips and unscrew it.

Getting it out without having to drill out the entire hole is the easiest route, that way you don't have to rethread the hole.
95civicEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
iirc the adjuster bolt should be easily replaceable
the alternator is held in by a bolt (rotates on this) and then has the adjuster bolt attached somehow
it should be replaceable but i dont recall off top of head. havent adjusted mine in a while.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
There's two bolts, the one going through the alternator and the other going into the adjuster. The adjuster can be removed by just taking the bolt in the alternator all the way out.
Instead of spending the time it took to type a post you could have just looked at it. It's obvious how they both work.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote