Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-21-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
oO0OthinkO0Oo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
oO0OthinkO0Oo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to oO0OthinkO0Oo
s14 woohoo!! i just passed smog!

haha this is a pointless post but im just stoked that i passed my smog test today. i live in los angeles, but i passed with an intake/ the injen extention, apexi n1 duals and 140k miles. i was kindof worried about it before the test.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
Mervyn
Zilvia Member

Mervyn is a well-known jackass
Thats good.. everyone would also feel great if everyone passed their smog.
Mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #3
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
I dont know what smog is but I passed sr's rb's ca's, some with out a cat. Is it just emissions, or some sort of Cali emissions?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:11 AM   #4
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If anyone here from So. CAL is having trouble passing smog, they should send me a PM and I can take care for them.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:21 AM   #5
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
great.... so whats the big deal?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:21 AM   #6
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
I use to be a smog tech in cali. I gave and had the hook up, all the turbo'ed cars around my area loved me. I think cali has the most strict emissions. You have to check everything. What i did was have the car that didnt pass the smog check and put a different car in with the same engine as the stock one that had passed it. Was fast and illegal but i needed the money . I dont know if this is still possible i mean it should be.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:32 AM   #7
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
outside of the bay area maybe, i dont know if LA is like that.. but we have to go on one of those dyno smog machines...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:14 AM   #8
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by oO0OthinkO0Oo
haha this is a pointless post but im just stoked that i passed my smog test today. i live in los angeles, but i passed with an intake/ the injen extention, apexi n1 duals and 140k miles. i was kindof worried about it before the test.
that's good, yeah! i also feel good after passing the smog check. but i think next time i have to replace a lot of things in order to pass smog check...
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:55 AM   #9
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
I was very happy whn I passed smog as well. My cars a non-California model (camefrom Georgia) so its a little harder for me to pass. Good Job!!!
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. Here in Iowa, there isn't an inspection of any kind, just walk up to the DMV, show them your title, and walk away with a license plate.
axiomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #11
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

but whats there to do in IOWA? other then cow tipp'n
Old 06-21-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, The only reason I like VA is because I took my smoking CA equiped no cat car to get inspected, and they just asked if it was a race car because of the engine, and asked me to bring in time slips when I took it to the track. lol. which I never did.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #13
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
I like Western CO due to the great roads, inlcuding great mountain roads, and no emissions or inspections of any kind. Plan to run the car with a test pipe and no worries whatsoever! Congrats on passing SMOG. From what I have seen and heard about the program through CA car salesman, sounds like a nightmare.
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:39 AM   #14
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oO0OthinkO0Oo

OOO...post your results...would like to see how you did...
You should have two tests...
15 mph
25 mph
Post the results for HC / CO / NO
Your report will show three fields...Max / Ave / Meas..list all that info. Also list what your timing was at.....I'ld like to compare your results to mine..
ID
'95 SE....who BARELY squeaked by smog this year...
Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
oO0OthinkO0Oo
Leaky Injector

oO0OthinkO0Oo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to oO0OthinkO0Oo
s14

the results are at my parents house ill have them posted by tomorrow, hopefully