Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
undercoverdjay is making a name for him/her selfundercoverdjay is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undercoverdjay
S13 Craziness

What is it with the popularity of our cars just blowing up? I went into a drug store with a couple of my BMW friends so one could mack on this chick, well while waiting I went to the magazine rack and between import tuner, import racer, and sport compact car ALL I saw were S13's, S15's, S13 with an S15 front end, true S15's, and pretty much any of the above gracing 90% of the pages of these magazines. Im not one for bandwagoners, I've had my first S13 FB since 2001 and now this is getting crazy. When I bought my car NOBODY had any clue what it was. Now that everyone and their brother sees them in the friggen magazines, its only a matter of time before S13's start popping up everywhere. Not so much S14's because they're still relatively expensive. But I can buy a clean S13 shell with a blown motor for 1,000 on ebay all day. Im at a loss, I hate being like everyone else, maybe I should just get a Z32 again.
undercoverdjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welcome to 4 years ago. S-chasis has been popular in the import car media for a while. Maybe it just hasn't hit up there yet.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Ummm, welcome to 4 years ago.

edit *Damn, beat me to it*
Old 06-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
If you buy/sell your car to be different, then just start boning baby kittens. Cause you'd be the only one. Who cares about being different? It doesnt matter what you drive. It's what you do with it. All cars on the street look the same to me anyways.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
decals gives individuality ......... gotta love them......... dont forget airplane wings... gotta take flight...
Old 06-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #6
toreno
Zilvia Member

toreno has a little shameless behavior in the past
so how did your macking go? you get the breezies number?
toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
being like everyone else is dependant on you, not what you drive. my car isn't like anybody elses on this forum.. why? because i AM different.

everything we DO is evidence of everything we ARE.

if you feel the need to stand out a car is the least of your worries.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

undercoverdjay is making a name for him/her selfundercoverdjay is making a name for him/her self
haha my friend with the E30 punked out, she just watched him walk by. Meanwhile, no Im not boning baby kittens. 4 Years ago 240's were half has popular as they are now. Im talking magazines and media, not on the streets. Thats why I said it was only a matter of time before they started to show up on the streets around here. But this media thing, damn.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Again, the media (mainly Primedia) has been blowing the S13 up for the last 4 years.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

haha my friend with the E30 punked out, she just watched him walk by. Meanwhile, no Im not boning baby kittens. 4 Years ago 240's were half has popular as they are now. Im talking magazines and media, not on the streets. Thats why I said it was only a matter of time before they started to show up on the streets around here. But this media thing, damn.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:18 PM   #11
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Sport Compact Car started their Project S13 w/ SR20DET swap in November 2002. By that time a number of other magazines already talked about or did their own swaps.

And before then people were already modifying 240SXs for years. My friend did a S13 front conversion on his 240SX and Kakimoto exhaust, Cusco suspension, Volk wheels on his car back in 1995.

Anyway, don't get a car to be "different" that's the wrong reason to have one. I have the car I have because I like it and I don't care if there are a billion other guys doing the same thing to their cars.

The S13,S14,S15 has been the most popular modified car overseas since it was released... we just recently caught on here in the USA.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote