Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #31
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
pwned by david

Garage - 00 S2000, 09 BMW M3 Sedan, 17 Tacoma, 09 BMW Wagon
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #32
greddys13

greddys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to greddys13
mr2=garbage
greddys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:47 PM   #33
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamzeta
people who point out "big" words usually aren't very well-read or educated.
wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
Maybe i'm totally off base, but i'm almost positive I reasd in a previous post that Phlip is a writer no?
This is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamzeta
*snip*Challenging my intelligence, my knowlegde of the english lexicon*snip*
wrong again, I never called you by name, until now... I will now question your ability to discern sarcasm, so as not to take it personally...

... this thread is over, Dave has said ALL that needs to be said... I currently own an S13, formerly owned an S14 amd have 2 friends with MR2s, one modded and one stock. I preferred my S14 to the MR2s for what it was worth to me and prefer my 13 to all for what it is all worth. My opinion is in no way law, but I seem to fall on the side of the majority here

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #34
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well My Ryan's S14 cant touch my RPS13 in handling, we have similar suspension mods..my car is on rails..I can gurantee the S14 has a tendency to understeer in highspeed turns unless of course your on the throttle and yank the brake a little
Old 06-22-2005, 10:09 PM   #35
gundamzeta
BANNED

gundamzeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
I will say this and it will probably offend some of the people i.e. S14 owners out there. Oh ya official disclaimer my buddys RB powered track S14 stomps all the MR2 Turbo's it comes across on the track all the time. hehehhehhehe
that said I have driven MR2's and I do like them. Though I will say its a apples to oranges thing to really compare a MR to FR. Though since we are here , S13's while S14 owners claim superiority over S13's still in my book rule in the S series chassis's here in the states. It asks to be driven hard, It asks to be thrown in a corner . Much more than even a setup S14 does . Plain and simple!! Not saying you can't throw a setup S14 and have it do will you can. Though it does not entice that kind of driving nearly as much as a S13 does. Yes the S13 chassis is not as stiff . Yes its noisier( sports cars are supposed to be noisy). It just plain and simple evokes the embodiment of sports car much more than the S14 does.
Now comparing a S13 to a MR2 is a little closer but again apples to oranges. In all out grip the MR2 just rocks!! Though it is a completely unforgiving chassis. I.E. drive a MR2 you better be a pretty decent driver. S13 on the other hand while you can drive it hard is much more forgiving allowing the driver to recover and save face. I.E. less experienced driver better off driving a S13.
Oh and for all the people out there that say a 240sx is a piece of crap car and only good because its cheap you really do not know much about sports cars and suspension technology.
1989 S13 came out 15k production sports car pulling .89 on the skid pad stock from the factory thats 2 tenths of a point below a C5 Corvette and a stock Porsche 911.
Add to that a drag coefficent somewhere around .31 and a center of gravity of .29 and you have a nice well balanced low center of gravity grippy entry level sports car.
Why? Because the rear Independant Multilink suspension Nissan stuck in our cars, is a world class suspension design. Its why the still use a variation of it today in their cars.
It won accolades when they brought it out in 89 and its still consider to be great. The only thing they did not do to the S chassis series which would have made it amazing was a wishbone front suspension setup of course that was because that was Z car and Skyline fare.
Now I am sure one you of is going to try to flame me for this but these are facts and prove out the naysayers of our cars.
There is reason the 180sx was Japans most popular sports car ever built. It lies in the combination of the above factors combined with the SR20det that made the car a Z killer in Japan. Now your all going to cry about how we got stuck with the KA and its sucks. Eat it !! There are ways around that. Fact is Americans are hotrodders we adapt and change things if they are not perfect. Get over it and go out and enjoy your car and stop putting it down. Its a whole lot better car than some of you may think.

this pretty much what I came to concluded. Thanks for confirming.
gundamzeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:12 AM   #36
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
MRs handles like its on rails, FRs can enter turns with more speed/stability, IIRC.

I'd so pimp an MR2 as a dailydriver. Prone to oversteer, but looks sexy as hell.
And yea, the drivetrain setup makes a big difference.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #37
xVaporx
Leaky Injector

xVaporx is an unknown quantity at this point
I am willing to bet that the majority of these s14s you are driving have crap tires with soft sidewalls as well. S14 is just as tossable as any s13 i've owned, if not more so.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #38
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
If you didn't notice, he was specifically talking about *stock* S14s.
axiomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 PM   #39
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
Did anyone else mention anything about wheelbase? i just skimmed through the thread. But i think having a shorter wheelbase makes the car rotate better.
There you have it. I'd say the s14 is taller too giving it a higher roll center. Evos have aluminum roofs now to help cut down the weight up top. So I'd imagine the height would play a roll and how it feels over all. Also what kind of size tires to both come with? Like someone else said it probably has bigger sidewall tires. Does the MR2 come with any type of LSD stock?
Old 06-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #40
gundamzeta
BANNED

gundamzeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyflip445
There you have it. I'd say the s14 is taller too giving it a higher roll center. Evos have aluminum roofs now to help cut down the weight up top. So I'd imagine the height would play a roll and how it feels over all. Also what kind of size tires to both come with? Like someone else said it probably has bigger sidewall tires. Does the MR2 come with any type of LSD stock?
no way

do you know how high the MR2 engine sits? I've seen more than a few videos of MR2's flipping.

hte MR2's high center of gravity is one of the worse things about the chasis.
gundamzeta is offline   Reply With Quote