Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 11-15-2003, 09:53 PM   #1
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dec SF beach meet

I think it's about time to finally have a meet in SF. I'm thinking we all meet up in the parking lot by the beach next to the cliffhouse. Sometime in the late afternoon/dusk(-ish) that gives us plenty of sunlight for some a game of football, frisbe, volleyball, umm... and whatever other beach games you can think of. Then as it gets darker, we start a bonfire, pool together some money and get some hot dogs, marshmellows(sp?), hamburger, steak, drinks, etc.. and have a BBQ over on the bonfire lit beach. I'm just throwing this idea out there, I'm shooting for around sometime in early dec. after thanksgiving but before xmas. Maybe a Saturday afternoon/night, say the 13th? (weather permiting)
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2003, 08:37 AM   #2
BoroFabulous

BoroFabulous is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoroFabulous
Sounds Good

I am in Sausalito, been looking for a meet in the area for some time now. Throw in some driving into your event and you can consider me there.
ya, its a pos
BoroFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I would totally be down to do a beach day, car meet, bbq, possible drive. maybe we could do a highway 1 cruise...it's just such a beautiful drive....

As long as it isn't the weekend on the 6th of dec. you can count me in....
Old 11-16-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Re: Sounds Good

Quote:
Originally posted by BoroFabulous
I am in Sausalito, been looking for a meet in the area for some time now. Throw in some driving into your event and you can consider me there.
Oh my god another person from marin? Rock on!
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 01:48 PM   #5
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hah yeah me and Luke were discussing the bonfire meet idea the other day. Doing it in the evening is a must, since starting a fire on the beach in broad daylight is probably not a good idea... :P

Also the fact that it would be at night would give us pretty much all the parking spots right next to the water.

Sometime in December, obviously during the weekend, early/late evening.... there's a Safeway like right across the street so getting hotdogs/marshmellows and whatnot is no problem.

So yea, if you're down, post up in the thread and let us know!
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:11 AM   #6
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
mmmm Sausalito is so nice....
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:22 AM   #7
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Im down for a meet at the beach! That would be cool. Around sunset time say...5ish? Just think it would be good for the people that want to take pics...
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:24 AM   #8
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
yeah..anyways..us norcal people need some organized pictures
Old 11-17-2003, 03:09 AM   #9
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
In the winter it gets pretty dark around 5pm, If you want to get a game of football together we should probobly do it a little sooner, tonight it was pretty bad dark around 6pm.

I'll just throw this date out: (Sat. 12/13/03, SF Cliffhouse/beach parking lot, 3pm)should be plenty of light out for pics or football (if you want), plus that also gives us an opertunity to drive to any other SF local (i.e twin peaks, that one place by the marina(not really fort bragg, but ya know), downtown (well.. might be lots of traffic, same goes for lombard), persideo, anywho you get my drift, lots of senic(sp?) places. Gets dark around 5 or 6ish, then we start the bonfire and start the BBQ. But by all means.. If it's too early let's have it at 4, 5 or 6pm whatevers clever

As for the drive, there really isn't many places in SF for "a drive". But I'm sure as the evening continues something'll happen, but I'm not promising anything it's up to you guys. All I'm sayin' is, SF ain't like the SJ roads, just lettin' ya know
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #10
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
I dont think any meet with a "drive" can really be a "drive". Its usually cruise. Cruises are fun anyways. That cruise down to the golden gate bridge at the last DC in and out meet was pretty fun.
Drift Unit
Old 11-17-2003, 09:31 PM   #11
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

hey guys I was checkin' the calendar and the 13th is kinda a ways away so, I'm thinkin' let's move it up to Sat. Dec. 6th 3pm(ish), sound good
Old 11-17-2003, 10:40 PM   #12
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by SilviaNinja240
hey guys I was checkin' the calendar and the 13th is kinda a ways away so, I'm thinkin' let's move it up to Sat. Dec. 6th 3pm(ish), sound good

Theres a track day that weekend and not as many people might not show up.
Drift Unit
Old 11-17-2003, 11:04 PM   #13
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

hmm.. how about a friday then? the 5th? I'm not sure if people are working then or not. If not what about Sunday the 7th?
Old 11-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #14
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Man am I the only one with finals that week?
Old 11-17-2003, 11:31 PM   #15
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

even on a sunday?... c'mon, nobody's got nothing on sunday (maybe work, but plenty of time to request the day off) Friday I can see some problems though beacause it's still a workday/schoolday
Old 11-18-2003, 01:49 PM   #16
DrAgNDriFteR23
Leaky Injector

DrAgNDriFteR23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DrAgNDriFteR23
How bout we turn the drive to a touge run?
DrAgNDriFteR23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:48 PM   #17
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

hrmm yeah i might have finals too..
Old 11-18-2003, 03:46 PM   #18
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrAgNDriFteR23
How bout we turn the drive to a touge run?

I dont think that will but such a good idea......
Drift Unit
Old 11-18-2003, 04:46 PM   #19
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Norcal meets aren't touge meets. 30+ cars on a touge run is not a good idea. Plus where the hell are you going to touge in Frisco? Lombard? :P

Anyways, if you want to touge, round up some people at the meet and go do it afterwards. (Like we always do)

At any rate, I would prefer a sunday meet since I don't have to ask for saturday off, but I can probably make saturday.

Luke: The earlier we have the meet, the less chance that people will stick around for a bonfire.

And also, we need to try and work around finals as best as possible. But I find it odd that you UC people have finals so early cus yall got into skewl way after us (we started in August and you cats started in end of September)

But I am thinking 6th or 7th or 13th or 14th. 13/14 probably being better.

woot.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:56 PM   #20
sgm

sgm is an unknown quantity at this point
UCs are on the quarter system
sgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #21
chineseb0i
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
chineseb0i is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chineseb0i
hey, i'm from marin too! freaking live in marinwood, wut u talkin about NZO? haha..n e ways, yea, i agree with the whole date thing..a lot of us..actually i think a lot of us have finals around that period. The original set day seemed pretty good...kinda before christmas..this would allow a lot of us time to get work off or organize or fit this meet into our schedule. As far as time wise, it get darks early so afternoon around 12ish would be good. Hopefully i'll be able to make it..I'll try to get saturday off since I have work in the afternoon usually..but yea, december 13th would work for me since my last midterm is the 11th.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #22
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by chineseb0i
hey, i'm from marin too! freaking live in marinwood, wut u talkin about NZO?
Hah yea true but I know you Any kind of car ppl in marin is pretty rare.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:23 PM   #23
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

Okay, what about the 14th instead of the 13th, it's a sunday instead. My girlfriend is like "you HAVE to be at my Xmas party on the 13th!" I'm like "I got plans woman, there's a 240sx meet then", then she's like "YOU ALWAYS GO TO THOUSE MEETS!", (actully, she wanted to come too, but I told her I'd be boring and jazz but she still wants to go ) then I get bitched at for 20 minutes then I feel bad. So is it cool on the 14th instead of the 13th?

As for the time I wanted to have more activities than just the bonfire and just hangin' out, so we have a few options. 1) Get there a little early for pics n' chillin' I still like the idea of a Zilvia.net football game or B-ball game. I wanna set up another meet for something like that eventully, or 2) Just get there at Night for the bonfire and then go do something (whatever people feel like) I'm thinking of maybe a compramise a little of both... 4.30pm?? If not that maybe 6pm which would be pretty dark. whatcha'll think?
Old 11-18-2003, 07:01 PM   #24
chineseb0i
Zilvia Addict

unfortunately i got plans with my girl on sunday..it's the only day I get to see her for the entire week since i'm away at skool during the weekdays..plus i work friday and saturday..so that leaves sunday as my only day to spend with her..i don't know if she'd be interested to go..but saturday would work for me.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #25
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
unfortunately i got plans with my girl on sunday..it's the only day I get to see her for the entire week since i'm away at skool during the weekdays..plus i work friday and saturday..so that leaves sunday as my only day to spend with her..i don't know if she'd be interested to go..but saturday would work for me.
aww damn u solomon..just go on sundays
Old 11-18-2003, 10:00 PM   #26
chineseb0i
Zilvia Addict

haha..i should..we'll see..maybe i can convince my gf..hopefully some girls will be going too? but yea, i'll try to go =)
Old 11-18-2003, 10:39 PM   #27
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
haha..i should..we'll see..maybe i can convince my gf..hopefully some girls will be going too? but yea, i'll try to go =)

Old 11-19-2003, 09:39 AM   #28
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
Man this kinda sucks.... I am praying that my car will be ready by then... If not I dunno if I'm gonna show up...

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #29
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Quote:
Well...I'll be there...so that's one girl you can count on! And Kazuo...UCsc has finals the week of dec. 8th-12th, all the other UC's have them the following week...just in case you wre curious. Quarters go by quickly!
Old 11-19-2003, 01:59 PM   #30
chineseb0i
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by s13chica
Well...I'll be there...so that's one girl you can count on! And Kazuo...UCsc has finals the week of dec. 8th-12th, all the other UC's have them the following week...just in case you wre curious. Quarters go by quickly!
oh hell yea..this is my first year at UC Davis and damn am i doing horrible..lol...owning a 240 doesn't help cuz i try to work on that too while getting my education...bad mix by the way. Hopefully when next quarter comes, i'll be fine..but right now, i'm failing calc, barely passing chem, and yea...:hammer: