Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
KidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need some gutted interior inspiration...

Started a new project...

Before:

After:

So, anyone got some clean gutted interior pics for inspiration?
KidSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
luckyslide16
Zilvia Junkie

luckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud ofluckyslide16 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to luckyslide16
Thumbs up

Not really clean just yet, but gutted it is!!

Old 03-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
a vacuum, dry ice, some sand paper, paint, and patence will be your friend.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

krazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choices
well here is mine... ill have a better pictuer up later today..lol
krazyfil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
Kaotik25
Zilvia Junkie

Kaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfil
well here is mine... ill have a better pictuer up later today..lol

hey, can you please tell me what is that bar you have above the rear strut bar? It's not the c-bar right? Thanks
Kaotik25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
not nice and clean, but it was stripped. next one will be cleaned up and painted.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Nice bag of trail mix there alex.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Look no further.

TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #9
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd
Look no further.

In case anybody doesn't know, this is old Koguchi 180sx.
SO crazy.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
OG.

Rockin that tape deck.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #11
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
Look no further.

It would appear he's so baller he doesn't need a harness bar.
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #12
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo
It would appear he's so baller he doesn't need a harness bar.
It is a drift car.
Nobody needs a fucking harness bar.
Koguchi rules.
You have to keep in mind he is Japanese and been drifting for a long time. This isn't Pussy American drifting where everybody is a total bitch.

and P.S. do you even see a harness in there? I don't.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #13
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
This isn't Pussy American drifting where everybody is a total bitch.
Quoted for the ultimate truth. BH for president.

Gutted interiors make zero sense on street cars.
They aren't worth it.
If you really want to be cool, run a full cage with full interior.
My old hatch was like this. Even kept the rear seat and sunvisors.
When my coupe gets a cage, I'm keeping the full leather interior.
There's no reason to punish yourself with a gutted car.

Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Gutted?...You still have a dash, door panels and a center consol. Step up your game! =P
Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

KidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
Gutted?...You still have a dash, door panels and a center consol. Step up your game! =P
Too lazy, and Squidd...
Old 03-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #16
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Gutted interior on the street is for retards. I tried it once upon a time, it fucking sucks.

Keep your interior, the weight savings won't be really noticeable, especially if you don't remove the important shit (HVAC shit behind the dash, AC stuff, skeleton in the doors, sound deadening, etc.) Removing your carpet isn't going to save you shit...in fact, it'll just suck worse because your car will look like a rolling box of dogshit and no girls will want to get inside of it.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

krazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
Gutted interior on the street is for retards. I tried it once upon a time, it fucking sucks.

Keep your interior, the weight savings won't be really noticeable, especially if you don't remove the important shit (HVAC shit behind the dash, AC stuff, skeleton in the doors, sound deadening, etc.) Removing your carpet isn't going to save you shit...in fact, it'll just suck worse because your car will look like a rolling box of dogshit and no girls will want to get inside of it.
well that doesnt really bother me.. cuz for one i dont have ac or anything.. 2 i did take out the skeleton shit.. and 3.. im single so who gives a fuck if they wanna ride with me.. if the bitch wants to go out... then she can use her own damn gas i aint picking her up unless she puttin out tonight..lol
Old 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #18
switchflip
Leaky Injector

switchflip is making his/her stupidity well-knownswitchflip is making his/her stupidity well-knownswitchflip is making his/her stupidity well-known
rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfil
well that doesnt really bother me.. cuz for one i dont have ac or anything.. 2 i did take out the skeleton shit.. and 3.. im single so who gives a fuck if they wanna ride with me.. if the bitch wants to go out... then she can use her own damn gas i aint picking her up unless she puttin out tonight..lol

amen to that
switchflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #19
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:

+1 rep for that!!

I agree, completely a waste. All it does is cause more noise. And the weight savings aren't really necessary.... "zomg, I'll get to the store fastAr because my s13 weighs 10lbs less!"

Alex
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #20
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Quote:
HAAHHHHAA!!

Yeah gutted interior is for the fucking birds unless its a dedicated track car.

Call me an old man (I am) but I'm putting all my shit back in this weekend. Thank god I kept everything.
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #21
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

save it for a race car... i learned the hard way that you can either have a race car or a street car. it can be somewhat of a hybrid of the two but it won't be a full street or full race car. so what's the point of saving a few lbs taking your interior out? plus, a/c is awesome for a street car. some can live without it, but i need it.

who wants to drive around in a car with a full roll cage, bucket seats, and strapping yourself in harnesses everytime you get in/out of the car just to school, work, etc? you'll just look like an idiot. plus attention to get your car stolen and harassed by cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #22
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot
who wants to drive around in a car with a full roll cage, bucket seats, and strapping yourself in harnesses everytime you get in/out of the car just to school, work, etc? you'll just look like an idiot. plus attention to get your car stolen and harassed by cops.
I actually quite like driving with a bucket and harness in my temporary daily. Quite comfortable.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
sr20det4mys13
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

sr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:

iono about u but every girl i know loves a car thats stripped.. cuz she knows whats up when its stripped from inside.. aint gunna be a regular ride to the mall.. its gunna be a bad ass ride to the mall.. lol.. latah
sr20det4mys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #24
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

I hate when people say stupid shit like this. Its a car, keep what you need - take our what you dont need. Who needs rear seats, what do you have kids or friends that are midgets? Fuck that shit, tell them to take their own car. Thats what FWD 4-door sedans are for.

Anything BEHIND the driver/passenger seats is fucking useless anyway, especially if you have a rollbar and some harnesses. No one can sit back there, or shall I say safely. I'de never want to be in an accident and be in the BACK of a 240SX.

If your car isnt making much power, forget it.. dont bother stripping your car. The lightness wont make a shit of a difference. If you still have original suspension, shit tires, old bushings, etc.. keep your interior, you've got bigger problems to think about it. The fact that you're driving a 15+ year old rolling junk pile should be reason enough NOT to waste time stripping your crapheap.

BUT, if you happen to have a nicely built and maintained car, good seats, harnesses.. and trashed those dinky automatic seatbelts, then hey.. go for it. Stripping the interior is great and saves a good amount of useless weight that you'll have to roll around with.

JEEEEEEEEZ.. think about it, we should make a poll.. how many people on Zilvia still have automatic seatbelts in their S13??? AGH!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #25
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:

exactly!!
thats why i only took out the shit i had to to be able to fill up my car with wheels
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #26
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSaru
Too lazy, and Squidd...
If you don't know you better ask somebody.

If that doesn't inspire you, nothing will.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #27
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
If you don't know you better ask somebody.

If that doesn't inspire you, nothing will.
That was a "holy Koguchi cockpit heaven" face, not a "that looks like shit" face.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #28
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

yea its the c pillar bar... but... i was shipped the wrong one.. they sent it to me for a damn civic hb... so i made dew whut i could..lol.. but it looks a lil bit different now... ill post pics up later tonight hopefully... and as far as having the door panels and all that shit... thats just for a comfort factor... im not gonna waste my time taking those things off just for an extra 2.2 pounds.. and plus i put stuff like my cds and such in them
Old 03-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #29
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

actually... i work at a truck stop... and after i took out all the crap from my car with everything... it was almost 200 lbs less... so rep that
Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #30
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yeah, ok fine.

But it's not like the local store parking lot has a minimum weight class that you need to get down to.

I just think that it's useless for the majority of people to strip out their street/daily driven cars.

Alex
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote