Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Those aren't from the same GodSpeed brand we all know about.

GODSPEED WHEELS - Ultra Deep Dish Rims and www.godspeedproject.com are completely different it seems.

Anyway, I actually like those wheels. I wish they were 17s because I would actually consider a set. 18s are just to big on an s13 IMO. Maybe I'll put these on the Town Car

Black Chrome is definitely hawtness!

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Those aren't from the same GodSpeed brand we all know about.

GODSPEED WHEELS - Ultra Deep Dish Rims and www.godspeedproject.com are completely different it seems.

Anyway, I actually like those wheels. I wish they were 17s because I would actually consider a set. 18s are just to big on an s13 IMO. Maybe I'll put these on the Town Car

Black Chrome is definitely hawtness!
Just for giggles another set of decent track rims from a mustang site-

Mustang SC Deep Dish Wheels - Compare To Saleen SSC

Here they are in 17 x 10 +20 not bad for only about $120 a wheel in a 17x10+20...

And a machined face for the less bling guys/gals-

And of course the china wheels people been rockin allready the infamous FR500's in blk/chrome- (18 x 10 +22)

Cheap, Wide, and Deep - sounds like a good experience at the Happy Endings Massage parlor to me buddy!!!
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Just for giggles another set of decent track rims from a mustang site-

Mustang SC Deep Dish Wheels - Compare To Saleen SSC

Here they are in 17 x 10 +20 not bad for only about $120 a wheel in a 17x10+20...

And a machined face for the less bling guys/gals-

And they even come in 4 lug for the especially broke 240 owners...
Old 08-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow View Post
4X4.25 Won't fit a 240...
Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
i love that, some one gives the assholes on zilvia exactly what they want

wide,deep,cheap

and guess what they do

continue to talk shit.....

THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE!
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
lifetime structure warranty.

18x10 and +22 isn't exactly a horrible offset. Especially for rears for the track..
And this.

The same can be said for FN's. 2003 they were the wheels to have because there weren't a lot of awesome fitting wheels. Now, they are the red headed step child of the 240 scene.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
"The especially broke 240 owners" LMAO- Yea I dont think the 4lug pattern is the right pattern guys.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #7
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
"The especially broke 240 owners" LMAO- Yea I dont think the 4lug pattern is the right pattern guys.
its not. the chinastang wheel with the fake rivits on it to make it look like a multipiece wheel looks pretty nice. but i bet these things are weak as hell they just look cheap.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
4x4.25 is not 4x114.3
Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin

i prefer the anthracite with the machined lip

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post

i prefer the anthracite with the machined lip
Time for a drop and a pull to clear so we can see how she can really sit. Lookin good btw-
Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #11
Dream240
Nissanaholic!

Dream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Time for a drop and a pull to clear so we can see how she can really sit. Lookin good btw-
What the hell is going on with 240 owners lately?

STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR 240 READY FOR A LOWRIDER PHOTO SHOOT!! It's a 15+ year old sport compact import. Not a 1967 Impala.

There's nothing wrong with a 2"-2.5" drop and some nice 17's. Personally i like to be able to take my car places and not have to create a new method for pulling into parking lots and driveways everytime.

sheesh.

A piece of advice for the pic owner....your car sits just fine the way it is. Any lower and you're gonna need to put training wheels of the frame rails.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
QuickSpoolSR
Zilvia Addict

QuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enough
they are kinda sweet, to bad it has GS centercaps, i wonder if i could get those axis ones to fit haha
QuickSpoolSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
jrbump
Zilvia Addict

jrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond repute
I wish i had two more arms.
jrbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
meh, shes about half an inch lower than that now prob wont go any lower or pull the fenders until she ready for paint. i dont need to be omghellaflushscrapingthegroundwithmyoilpanhardpark erspec.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #15
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
fake lip ftl
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #16
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Man, I want some of them chrome Mustang style janks

Would be perfect spares to my 17x10 veilsides.

shizzzzzz

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #17
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
meh......... i'll pass.

not a fan of the design.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #18
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
meh......... i'll pass.

not a fan of the design.
I also agree with that. They are pretty ugly. Sizes are great and price is nice for spares. But in the looks department they do fail.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #19
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, they are ok, I just like em because they look close enough to my wheels to use as spares.

Fucking heavy ass spares, lol.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #20
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
they look pretty decent, not sure on the 18 aspect but to each there own.
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #21
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that's a good looking, clean wheel and so cheap too! I like a lot for my S13

Fred
Fred Allen Burge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #22
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post

Now that's a good looking, clean wheel and so cheap too! I like a lot for my S13

Fred
honstly...for a cheap track wheel...those arent too bad...and if you break one...oh well...cheap ass 120 dollar rim down the drain

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #23
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
honstly...for a cheap track wheel...those arent too bad...and if you break one...oh well...cheap ass 120 dollar rim down the drain
Someone said $300~ per wheel.

Where did you get $120?
Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

Where did you get $120?
sorry...140 monies

SC Style 17X10 Silver Compare To 1990 Saleen Wheels

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #25
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

Where did you get $120?
Sorry those are morel like 140.00 per wheel.... oops Dorki beat me to it-
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #26
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
look it sounds like your trying to convince your self this more than me.

if you don't like the looks then it doesn't mater, what ever that's your opinion
if you don't like the fit, it doesn't matter, again its your opinion
if the price is too low, and no one has made a review or even bought one to say the quality is low, then fuck you. They said Parts shop max parts was low quality based on price, then people bought it and reviewed it and lo the perspective of cheap drift spec coilovers was a good thing not a bad thing. I know there are tones of people that got burned from Rota's and heard, read, saw proof of the lack of quality.And old school megan products, they had poor quality and fit, but now they have decent stuff. so you can not say that it's shit just because the price was low.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #27
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
look it sounds like your trying to convince your self this more than me.

if you don't like the looks then it doesn't mater, what ever that's your opinion
if you don't like the fit, it doesn't matter, again its your opinion
if the price is too low, and no one has made a review or even bought one to say the quality is low, then fuck you. They said Parts shop max parts was low quality based on price, then people bought it and reviewed it and lo the perspective of cheap drift spec coilovers was a good thing not a bad thing. I know there are tones of people that got burned from Rota's and heard, read, saw proof of the lack of quality.And old school megan products, they had poor quality and fit, but now they have decent stuff. so you can not say that it's shit just because the price was low.
YOU indirectly attacked ME in your post that I responded to above. You told me that this company was giving me what I wanted when in fact they are not. I want cheap, lightweight, forged, track wheels with a nice concave to them. NOT wide, heavy, ugly, cheap wheels with a big fake lip! Since you brought it up, PBM is crap! As is megan, godspeed, etc... Are the PBM's the top of the line crap? For the most part yes they are. The perspective of cheap drift coilovers is also crap! Nobody cares about how they ride, how well set the dampening is, how consistent the dampening adjustment is, or how consistent the shock as a whole performs. All low price off the shelf coilovers have major issues in all of those departments, but nobody cares. All people care about is how stiff their "dope" coilovers feel and how slammed they can make their car. Neither one of those things have anything to do with quality. The average idiot's idea of quality is seriously screwed and that is why companies like megan and PBM are thriving while companies that strive to provide a high quality product are struggling. My opinions are well educated and I need not convince myself of anything. If you like these wheels then buy them. I really don't care about how your car looks or performs. I DO car about how my car looks and performs. You got all pissy about people expressing their opinions in your first post here, when in fact that is exactly what this thread is for EXPRESSING OPINIONS! Then you got all pissy again when I defended myself against your attack towards anyone who was dissing the wheels. What the hell is wrong with you? Because my opinion differs from yours I am not allowed to express it or defend myself? Grow the fuck up! I don't like the damn ugly ass wheels and there is not any problem with me telling people that I don't like them AND why I don't like them!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #28
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
YOU indirectly attacked ME in your post that I responded to above.
I didn't ATTACK you, I responded to directly.

Quote:
You told me that this company was giving me what I wanted when in fact they are not. I want cheap, lightweight, forged, track wheels with a nice concave to them. NOT wide, heavy, ugly, cheap wheels with a big fake lip!
I don't know are you an asshole of zilvia? You seem like a reasonable guy with a nice open wheel track car. So unlike the rest of zilvia it can easily be assumed that you can afford Good shit, but majority of zilvians are concerned about 2 or 3 things. Does it fit well without the need for 35-50mm spacers? Does it come in usable widths? Is it under $1000 new?
Stepped lip or barrel lip, some people prefer one more than the other, but the lip on these are real, not imaginary. the GodSpeed have whats I think is called a floating spoke design, and the spoke are sunk face which is what the FN would look like if they were designed with lip. But if you don't like the design that is ok, I'm not mad at you, I think some of the wheels they offer looks like shit but other look really good.

Quote:
Since you brought it up, PBM is crap! As is megan, godspeed, etc... Are the PBM's the top of the line crap? For the most part yes they are. The perspective of cheap drift coilovers is also crap! Nobody cares about how they ride, how well set the dampening is, how consistent the dampening adjustment is, or how consistent the shock as a whole performs. All low price off the shelf coilovers have major issues in all of those departments, but nobody cares. All people care about is how stiff their "dope" coilovers feel and how slammed they can make their car.
So I expect nothing less than ohlins suspension on your drift car then? And nothing less then custom designed link with $200(each) heim joints. I don't really want to get into why for street/non-pro/semi-pro drifters Parts shop max would be best choice. These coilovers are built and designed specifically for drifting and track use. Complaining about PBM max coilovers is like complaining that your sushi knife having trouble cutting through bones.

Quote:
Neither one of those things have anything to do with quality. The average idiot's idea of quality is seriously screwed and that is why companies like NEX and Rota are thriving while companies that strive to provide a high quality product are struggling.
fixed for truth(or my opinion), yet people will still continue to buy NEX coilovers and Rota wheels.

Quote:
My opinions are well educated and I need not convince myself of anything. If you like these wheels then buy them. I really don't care about how your car looks or performs. I DO car about how my car looks and performs. You got all pissy about people expressing their opinions in your first post here, when in fact that is exactly what this thread is for EXPRESSING OPINIONS! Then you got all pissy again when I defended myself against your attack towards anyone who was dissing the wheels. What the hell is wrong with you? Because my opinion differs from yours I am not allowed to express it or defend myself? Grow the fuck up! I don't like the damn ugly ass wheels and there is not any problem with me telling people that I don't like them AND why I don't like them!
So wait my opinion is uneducated? I like these wheels and I will buy a set if Hotwheels Sixty eights are no longer available. I didn't get all pissy when people express their opinions. I didn't get pissy when you replied. I got upset or frustrated when people talk shit without even knowing the product. When people express their opinions about shitty products saying they actually had good experience i'm not going to say they are lying and fight what they have experienced. But I will when you talk shit about product that you never experienced, or even had the opportunity to read a review of people saying they broke driving down the road. Or that they weigh 50+ pounds. Some of the JDM wheels that people love so much weigh as much or some times more than the cheaper wheels that companies like XXR/Sportmax make. I'm not saying your opinions based on looks are invalid, but your opinions based on quality. I'm not getting heated, and I'm going to assume that you are not either.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #29
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
I didn't ATTACK you, I responded to directly.
My post was the only post seriously bitching about the wheels before your post. In your post you told the "people" bitching about the wheels that they were trying to give us exactly what we want, when in fact those wheels have nothing I want. That constitutes an indirect attack of my opinion IMO.

Quote:
I don't know are you an asshole of zilvia? You seem like a reasonable guy with a nice open wheel track car. So unlike the rest of zilvia it can easily be assumed that you can afford Good shit, but majority of zilvians are concerned about 2 or 3 things. Does it fit well without the need for 35-50mm spacers? Does it come in usable widths? Is it under $1000 new?
Stepped lip or barrel lip, some people prefer one more than the other, but the lip on these are real, not imaginary. the GodSpeed have whats I think is called a floating spoke design, and the spoke are sunk face which is what the FN would look like if they were designed with lip. But if you don't like the design that is ok, I'm not mad at you, I think some of the wheels they offer looks like shit but other look really good.
That is actually my dad's open wheel car, not mine. I post it here because I think that people will enjoy learning about it. I am just as broke as most people here, but I don't use that as an excuse to run cheap shit on my car. Most of the parts I buy are used and every last bit of labor is done by me. I take the time and spend the money to find the right parts at the right price with the right quality and I see no reason why others cannot do the same thing as me. There are plenty of wheels under $1000 that would be much better than these. Who cares if they are used and have a couple minor imperfections, they're BETTER!

Quote:
So I expect nothing less than ohlins suspension on your drift car then? And nothing less then custom designed link with $200(each) heim joints. I don't really want to get into why for street/non-pro/semi-pro drifters Parts shop max would be best choice. These coilovers are built and designed specifically for drifting and track use. Complaining about PBM max coilovers is like complaining that your sushi knife having trouble cutting through bones.
I actually run tein flexes right now and a custom koni 8611 set-up is in the works. I upgraded the bearings on every arm that warranted it and $200 bearings are not necessary. You can get bearings for under $40ea that will do the job with no play for years. A proper damper set-up will be beneficial for anybody. Better dampening leads to greater stability over bumps, which would benefit drifters significantly. For street better dampers give you better ride quality. Stiff dampers are not necessarily good dampers and people don't get that. I complain because I want something better than what I can buy off the shelf and I want it without spending bucketloads of money. The only way to do that is to get creative and build it yourself. PBM's are OK, no better and they never will be because the people that they are marketing to wouldn't know the differrence.

Quote:
So wait my opinion is uneducated? I like these wheels and I will buy a set if Hotwheels Sixty eights are no longer available. I didn't get all pissy when people express their opinions. I didn't get pissy when you replied. I got upset or frustrated when people talk shit without even knowing the product. When people express their opinions about shitty products saying they actually had good experience i'm not going to say they are lying and fight what they have experienced. But I will when you talk shit about product that you never experienced, or even had the opportunity to read a review of people saying they broke driving down the road. Or that they weigh 50+ pounds. Some of the JDM wheels that people love so much weigh as much or some times more than the cheaper wheels that companies like XXR/Sportmax make. I'm not saying your opinions based on looks are invalid, but your opinions based on quality. I'm not getting heated, and I'm going to assume that you are not either.
Your opinion on these wheels is un-educated because you have no experience with them and probably not very much experience with wheels in general. I have handled a LOT of different wheels and have done a LOT of research on wheel weight and structural design. So while I may have no experience with these wheels in person, I can spot crap when I see it. I will guarantee you these wheels weigh over 25lbs each (probably close to 30), a good wheel of the same size weighs about 20lbs. 5lbs of unsprung weight per corner is a TON! I don't think the wheels will break or fall off the car or some shit. IMO they are hideous though, but that opinion cannot be measured in any way. Your first post came off as an attack, maybe you didn't intend it like that, but that's how it read. I took offense because you have no reason to attack people who don't like what you like, ESPECIALLY because your opinion has nothing to do with quality or performance.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #30
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
cheater lip always looks whack.