Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
rear end clunk :|

can't for the life of me figure out whats causing this

crappy video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT1PcsKQzAA

the car clunks upon swift engagement of the clutch, tapping of the throttle, and in between shifts. no clunk when braking. basically anything that shocks the drivetrain makes it clunk.

things i have done to try and diagnose it / mods to the car

solid subframe bushings (psm risers)
nismo motor mounts and trans mount
full spl arms (professionally installed and aligned)
swapped whole pumpkin to a s13 good pumpkin with a tomei 2 way that had no issues (lash was set perfect on both diffs)
1 piece dss aluminum driveshaft
the rear bumper support is solid tight
nothing in the trunk or anything like that
coilover tophats are tight as
coilovers are not leaking and i don't suspect them to be blown at all
the subframe has NO visual cracks on the bottom and i cannot feel any on the top of it
every nut and bolt is tight
balljoints seem superb (CAR ONLY HAS 70K MILES)

crossing out the driveshaft and diff leads me to believe its the axles but it they are in perfect condition. no tears to the boots. when i try and move them with my hands i can't create any play they seem fine... but this is the next thing i'm going to try replacing anyway

the noise is much more apparent on the driver side rear but i don't even know what to think anymore

one more thing i was questioning, when i try to spin the rear wheels while the car is in gear i felt like i had a lot more resistance to spin them than on my friends s13. he has an open diff and i have the 2way... not sure if its just the nature of the diff causing that. i can't imagine my transmission being bad and causing this clunk. all though the trans feels funny going into gear but i figured it was because of this lash in the drivetrain. trans fluid has been changed too.

i have searched through every thread on the internet and have yet to find a solution

would be awesome if anyone can add some insight thank you
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links