Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
RB I am back! C-unit Rocket Bunny S15 build

It's been a long time since I've posted my project. Before any of you asked, the VQ powered GTR has been blown up after it was running and is currently sitting in my storage with zero motivation to bring it back to life. I haven't give it up set but just don't have the time for it.

Before I start, I would like to share some background story about this build. The build actually started last year when I bought my first S15.

It was a budget build. I put some varrstoen on it with Dmax hood, vertex style kit on it. The plan was to have a cheap car to have fun on the street. However, thing got alittle more serious and I've started ordering a bunch of parts for it. I placed an order on the Rocket Bunny kit and other parts.

And then this happen:

Some axxhole decided to set my car on fire. They pour gasoline in the hood vent n light it up. There it goes the car...

After dealing with insurance..i decided to look for another S15 and I found her!

It is a Spec S with Full Spec R swap.
102k KM on the chassis and 75k KM on the drivetrain.
it is the regular bolt on stuff, coilovers..wheels..exhaust..etc

I can't complain on the price for the condition this car is in. Anyhow, this is it. More update when I receive the car next week!

At the mean time, feel free to check out my Instagram if you want to see my other cars. CW_unit

Enjoy!

C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Approved this. Sorry some insecure asshole caught your car on fire.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm glad to hear that you're building another S15! I can't wait to see what you do to this!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Looking forward to progress. I've always enjoyed your previous cars.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #5
Gostt02

Trader Rating: (0)
Gostt02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When you think you see everything, someone win to surprise more.

Sad for your ex S15 and in for the new one. Good luck with the build.
Gostt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #6
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
I remember seeing the fire pics.... Glad to see you back at it
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #7
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
It's been awhile and I finally picked up the car from the dock. Lets the project begins!

I am so far pretty happy with the condition on it. Car looks taken care of. No dents anywhere. The paint is questionable and previous owner seems to have weird taste.

I took the car home and it was getting late. I will be starting to strip the car down tomorrow for the Rocket Bunny kit.

I have to move my R34 outside now since i'll be working on the S15 inside the garage.

That faded two tone paint job...Definitely not my cup of tea but will do for now.

Interior is very clean. The Nardi wheels still feel new and not hard/smooth like the one i've seen. However, it is not staying in the car.

The Blitz boost gauge is a nice touch and it's not staying as well.

Clean SR20DET with the 6speed.
The Car is pretty quick for what it is.

However, I'll be replacing it with something else. I'll start a FS thread later to sale off whatever are not staying on this car.

Notice the painted wiper motor.

More updates tomorrow when I start chopping the car up!
Old 06-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #8
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Day One,

I've fitted the front bumper, front fender and side skirt

Just a teaser pic. Too lazy to type. Full details later tonight or tomorrow

Old 06-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #9
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
An s15 and r34...I think I hate you. In that I'm completely jealous kinda way.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #10
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
.... i need to consider looking up immigration laws for Canada. Looking forward to this build.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:48 AM   #11
Gostt02

Gostt02 is an unknown quantity at this point
The car is going to look awesome. Love the RB on S15 chassis
Gostt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #12
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Got Some rest and finally have time for a write up!

Disclaimer: It is a replica kit. If the real kit wasn't 5-7months wait, I would've get it. LOL

I would say the fitment aren't that bad for a replica but i would rather save the time on fitting it and do something else on my weekend.

Here we go!!!

Took me couple tries to figure out how to cut the front fender since it comes with no instruction. Oh well.

Notice how the lower of the rear fender was caved in? I will have to make a custom bracket to put push it out. Bracket will be bolted to where the stock side skirt holes are located at the back wheel arch. @walteryouthinklance busy snap chatting and not help.

The other side. That two tone is hella awful.

From the back. That gas cap location is brutal to fit.

Start sanding the car and getting ready for paint on wednesday.

That is 18x10 +20 in the front and 18x10 +10 in the rear. Not cool...

LOLOLOLOL

I think i'll need cup kit if i lower the car even more.

That fitment.

Plastic diffuser. Does this shit even work???

Things left to do before paint:
- weld up rear fenders
- finish prepping
- fabricate bracket for rear fender
- rivnuts for fenders and side skirt
- shaved LED holes on front bumper
Old 06-12-2016, 03:47 AM   #13
Ecace

Ecace is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice build!

I am also currently building a S15 rocket bunny.if it's not too much trouble can you post more photos of your gas lid side rear quarter panels, my is really giving me a head ache. The tire is really close to rubbing the spot where it caves in

Thank you
Ecace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #14
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
...Those boxes in the back though

Looking good my man!

Old 06-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #15
Ecace

Ecace is an unknown quantity at this point
s15

Please post more photos of the rear quarter panels (Gas lid side), for I am having issues with fitment there :-D

Great build thread btw!
Ecace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #16
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecace View Post
Please post more photos of the rear quarter panels (Gas lid side), for I am having issues with fitment there :-D

Great build thread btw!
Rear fenders fit poor, especially where around the gas cap. The kit is currently at the body shop. I'll show more pic when i get them back!
Old 06-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #17
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Meanwhile..Got new wheels for my R34 GTR.

18x11 +17 TE37 RT!!

Old 06-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #18
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Nice TE addition
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #19
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
interesting build... ill be back to see how this develops

good luck!
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #20
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

I've stripped whatever I can for the bodyshop.

Trunk, fenders, flares, sideskirts and doors were dropped off at the body shop.

All filler premiered and blocked.

Rear fenders all patched and welded up. Still have to seam sealer it.

Donnor motor..hehehe
Old 06-21-2016, 05:53 AM   #21
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

RB's in everything! I figured that a RB would make it's way into the engine bay.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:06 AM   #22
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
RB's in everything! I figured that a RB would make it's way into the engine bay.
RB the world
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:17 AM   #23
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Damn that sucks. i am glad u back up and running man..
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #24
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Picked up some of the panels back from the body shop. More prepping for the chassis over the weekend before i send it off to paint on monday.

The fenders cut are not the greatest, so probably need some more trimming after. Luckily the flare will cover it up.

Progress is actually slower than I thought since the paint shop is busy.

Things to do tomorrow.
- Buy Riv-nuts
- Buy Stainless hardwares
Old 06-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #25
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Picked up the chassis back from the paint shop. Long weekend and its assembly time!

And also picked up my fully restored wide body R32 GTR from Nickel automotive after a full restoration!!!

Put the new 17x9 +0 TE37 and the Front splitter on for test fitting. I gotta ditch the Red Zeta 3. This is not what i vision to look like. It was a very overwhelming week!

Team matching Black GTR
Old 06-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #26
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

latest progress as of today.

Doors are on. Painted rear lower section.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 PM   #27
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
You want to sell me just a rolling chassis of the wide body r32
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:25 AM   #28
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Almost done for now.

Detail update tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:30 AM   #29
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13-604 View Post
You want to sell me just a rolling chassis of the wide body r32
depends on the offer..HAHAHHA
Old 07-03-2016, 11:59 PM   #30
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Too busy working..too lazy typing.

Some teaser.