Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #91
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
Really Squid, if you were to get your car impounded I would laugh because you deserve it.
I would laugh, because I deserve it.

Loud pipes save lives bitch.

hahahha I feed on your hate.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #92
DP_Michelle G
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I dont know if I missed it or what.

Can they make you do this or do you have to give them consent.

Thanks
Michelle
Old 05-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #93
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
For some reason no one has tried denying it.

"Sorry I need to get to work!" and drive off. This shit isn't mandatory.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #94
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Loud pipes save lives.
I have to agree with you there, my car isnt loud but it has kept people from pulling out infront of me on the mountain.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #95
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
It would probably be something similar to a DUI. You are not required to blow, but if you dont your license is suspended for a full year. I doubt it would be so harsh, but ya know. Your guys cops sound like nazi's though who think they have the authority to just open your hood. From my understanding, they cant do that. You can refuse for them to search your car, then they can only look over it visually. Might be wrong! usually am
Old 05-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #96
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Yea we're from cali so the cops are probably bigger douchebags then yours
tee hee

Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #97
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
nice debate by both sides, but my bottom line is...to determine an engine is not legal by only looking at it doesnt make any sense to me.

In case for those people who do not know about CA law, once you have an SR, even you have a CAT, even you can pass emission test, you still cannot past smog test because we have something unique called visual smog, and we are criminals because our engine does not look legal.

Its somehow very disappointing that we are fighting a losing war like Squidd mentioned. but theres always ways to lower the chance of being pulled over/ticket/harassed. drive safe, keep your record clean (it does help!), respect the officer and be polite, etc.
at least thas what i did.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 PM   #98
frankist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
frankist has a spectacular aura aboutfrankist has a spectacular aura aboutfrankist has a spectacular aura aboutfrankist has a spectacular aura aboutfrankist has a spectacular aura aboutfrankist has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_Michelle G View Post
I dont know if I missed it or what.

Can they make you do this or do you have to give them consent.

Thanks
Michelle
you are given the choice.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #99
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I'd do it in a legal car, just to have them pull me over.
Then I'd be like what bitch? My shits legal!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #100
spitfire7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
about 7 years ago i was delivering auto parts , and was stopped in azusa. as i was stopped i was making rude comment to the smog tec cause i was runnin late, and he took my name and lic plate of the car, and they let me go. i was in a little bucket. if u drive a car that looks stock when ur stopped they might just let u go if u say that u need to go. the performance muffler is the dead give away. loud , and sais i like to go fast. ur car being very low attracts attention also. we just have to be carefull how we roll around. my coupe is sr'd , but with an 1.5 drop in the front and a stock exhaust. not to many people want to roll around like that, quiet ,and stock looking. we really have to have sleepers in cali.
spitfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #101
xkamikazestormx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
xkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
+1!! i have a sr'ed fastback and run on stock exhaust!
xkamikazestormx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #102
69datsun510
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
R24ONA, The SR20 engine with a cat passing the sniff test and cleaner then the US KA, would still be illegal in CA. The thread was started because of that point. We in CA, can not have a SR20 in are cars because it wasn't offered in the US 240sx. 48 other states have less strict smog requirements, therefore, they can have them in their cars. Japan didn't use the SR20 in the US cars because they didn't want to spend the money to mod it for the US market. They already had the KA passed for the US market in several models. So, us in CA like to blow off some steam about it. The good thing about So. CA is we have plenty of legal places to have drift events, to run insanely moded cars to drag or drift. We just have to trailer the car there cause we can't drive it passed the cops waiting around the corner from the event. Yet the guy with the 67 Mustang with a blown 429, with the radical cam, scavenging lots of unburned fuel to get a clean charge in the cylinders, polluting 10times worse then the sr20det, could drive right by the cops legally. LOL We are trying to mod the 240sx which is not yet 25 years old, in which case you can install any motor legally sold in CA with the required emissions for that year engine. I use the Ka in my 69 Datsun 510's. I have to have the smog emission required under the hood for that year engine, but only if I get popped by a cops and sent to a referee. So, I can fix a few things on the Ka and it would pass. However, a SR20 would need to be swapped out for the Ka to pass. I know of several 510 guys that have SR20det running 400+ whp in their 510's here in CA, but the cops see are car and think nothing about pulling us over cause it's an old Datsun. LOL
P.S.
Spitfire7 described my 510, a total sleeper with a mellow exhaust note, just hearing mean air intake when I step on it, and blowing by the loud obnoxious ricky racer sticking out like a sore thumb. Click link for a pic of my 510.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...un510/car1.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ar510swap2.jpg

Last edited by 69datsun510; 05-28-2007 at 11:09 PM..
69datsun510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #103
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
smog check on the streets...BY THE COPS?! damn...thats crazy!! hopefully i dont run into one of those cuz my car would get impounded on the spot!! btw i dont think my car would even make it up that ramp! lol

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:13 AM   #104
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69datsun510 View Post
R24ONA, The SR20 engine with a cat passing the sniff test and cleaner then the US KA, would still be illegal in CA. The thread was started because of that point. We in CA, can not have a SR20 in are cars because it wasn't offered in the US 240sx. 48 other states have less strict smog requirements, therefore, they can have them in their cars. Japan didn't use the SR20 in the US cars because they didn't want to spend the money to mod it for the US market. They already had the KA passed for the US market in several models. So, us in CA like to blow off some steam about it. The good thing about So. CA is we have plenty of legal places to have drift events, to run insanely moded cars to drag or drift. We just have to trailer the car there cause we can't drive it passed the cops waiting around the corner from the event. Yet the guy with the 67 Mustang with a blown 429, with the radical cam, scavenging lots of unburned fuel to get a clean charge in the cylinders, polluting 10times worse then the sr20det, could drive right by the cops legally. LOL We are trying to mod the 240sx which is not yet 25 years old, in which case you can install any motor legally sold in CA with the required emissions for that year engine. I use the Ka in my 69 Datsun 510's. I have to have the smog emission required under the hood for that year engine, but only if I get popped by a cops and sent to a referee. So, I can fix a few things on the Ka and it would pass. However, a SR20 would need to be swapped out for the Ka to pass. I know of several 510 guys that have SR20det running 400+ whp in their 510's here in CA, but the cops see are car and think nothing about pulling us over cause it's an old Datsun. LOL
P.S.
Spitfire7 described my 510, a total sleeper with a mellow exhaust note, just hearing mean air intake when I step on it, and blowing by the loud obnoxious ricky racer sticking out like a sore thumb. Click link for a pic of my 510.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...un510/car1.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ar510swap2.jpg

Thank you for digging up a month old thread to tell me a ton of shit that I already know. But if you plan to detail information, make sure you're correct on it. The SR20 is used in a lot of US platforms, just not in turbo form. And although the other 48 states have more lax emissions laws the DET engine is still illegal, so no one legally can 'have' one.

This debate was done and forgotten, there's no need to bring it back up unless you can contribute something new.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #105
Indolent
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Indolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Indolent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei240 View Post
sooo... how 'bout them dodgers, lol

but on a serious note, did ANYBODY get a ticket from these random checkpoints or sent to the ref or got towed away, etc etc
or at least see anyone getting any kind of penalization
Indolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #106
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
yeah im worried about this too. crap. well im moving to North Carolina Next Month. no Emissions for me woot woot =]. but till then I shall keep shitting bricks.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #107
vinhisbored
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
vinhisbored will become famous soon enoughvinhisbored will become famous soon enoughvinhisbored will become famous soon enoughvinhisbored will become famous soon enoughvinhisbored will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vinhisbored
+1 for indolent's comment.. just wondering if anyone actually had to go through this and received a ticket/etc for this.
vinhisbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 AM   #108
sleepy_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this really sucks i drive up and down mountain everyday, im always in ontario. what will they come up with next?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 AM   #109
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
This thread is back, I thought someone had more relevant info/experiences.

Not someone trying to argue with r240na.