Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
bustav13t
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
bustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
!!! Socal Random Emissions Check Points

While driving to get some food, I ran into one of the random emissions check points that CHP had set up a on the side of the road that had a portable dyno and a gas analyzer on the road; typical things the smog stations would have. Long story short, I got tested, no penalties I was let off but as they printed my results, they printed two copies, one more me and one for their records.

For those living in or driving through Ontario, I'd avoid driving on the main streets. I got caught on Mountain and Fourth. I called a buddy later, and he told me that they set one up on vineyard by the 60 freeway the day before. But yeah, everyone with swaps and such, keep your eyes peeled! they're cracking down on everyone.

I'll post pics and video when i get home.
bustav13t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
AbsoluteZero
Nissanaholic!

AbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteZero
Thanks for the heads up. I am out that way quite a bit.

"DUFFM4N FOR MOD!!!!"
Team 1337
AbsoluteZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I'll keep an eye out on my way home
Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
LuiGs14

LuiGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14

fo show keep eye out
LuiGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
bustav13t
Zilvia Member

bustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enoughbustav13t will become famous soon enough
Yeah, it's more of a socal thing, but not for long i believe. Arnold wants us to buy a Tesla

Last edited by bustav13t; 04-30-2007 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
wonder if they would impound any domestic hot rod for their emission... hopefully it wont spread to norcal
Old 04-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #7
YucA
Leaky Injector

YucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of light
holy shit, thats gangster! Im glad to live in gangster ass S. FL... So what happens if you dont pass?
YucA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Kaotik25
Zilvia Junkie

Kaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choices
It's starting in So-Cal and within a couple of months it's going to creep up to NorCal. That's it, i'm moving to S. Dakota.
Kaotik25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
bigboyevo

bigboyevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Those are notorious down in San Diego CA. They set those up by my work in Chula Vista. Last one I saw set up was about 2 months ago on Broadway Between Palomar ST. and Main. Thank god they didn't pull over my 89 Civic Wagovan (DOHC ZC equiped).
bigboyevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
bustav13t
Zilvia Member

Dammit! I'm friggin bummered out, but here is the pic from my camera phone:

That shit is wild, they smogged my car on scene! popped my hood to see all my goodies and yeah.. I failed the smog, obviously lol.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #11
SkunX
Leaky Injector

SkunX is on the path to ruinSkunX is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to SkunX
damn man...I used to live out in Cali...One thing I do appreciate about Florida, lack of emissions testing..the most they'll do is look under your car for a cat..lol.. if you car is high enough to see under that is...lol
SkunX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
1. there's a socal section, post it there
2. it's not mandatory, search the socal section, there's even a link to dmv's website, they're doing it for data collecting purposes
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #13
spitfire7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nicespitfire7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so scary, i live on mountian and im around there all the time. is ur car sr'd.
spitfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #14
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustav13t View Post
they're cracking down on everyone.
I wonder why...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
This is why we pay our taxes with our hard earned money. You would think they be out catching gang members, rapists, murderers, and child molestors. But noo........ their standing around wondering how they can mess up my day.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
louisiana is nice this time of year........
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #17
s13gold
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
s13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
in ontario cuz thats where all the street races are....
cops are really cracking down.
s13gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I wonder why...
Bingo. All these kids ass raping the environment with non passable smog cars and crashing into trees injuring other people, they need to do something about it. I hope they start it at every intersection, send all those cars to the crusher and these worthless fuck kids crying to their parents for an increase in their allowance so they can buy a clean car and not break the law.

We all live here, I'd like to continue breathing.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #19
DragonUSMC
Leaky Injector

DragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really niceDragonUSMC is just really nice
Midwest = no crazy emissions laws. And to quote an old movie about Iowa... "Is this Heaven?"

Yes... yes it is.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #20
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Hey guys, I got pulled over in the parking lot at Publix, Stickney Point and 41, for the tint on my dads truck. Be careful in the area because this one officer has a stick in butt and is not happy. That time of the year again.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #21
grnappletree14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im not driving my car in ontario no more intill i get it register, if i get pulled over forsure they will impound fuck ill be
grnappletree14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #22
wootwoot
Post Whore!

^^^ and you would deserve it 100%.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #23
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
1. What is done to your car?

2. Did they give you an option, or was it mandatory?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #24
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
^^^ and you would deserve it 100%.
Thank you. +1 for you.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #25
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
hahhaha, everyone in this thread that has posted from my area has negative rep and spells like a retard.

Yeah, I'm sure our SR20's are killing the environment and putting some 17 year old kids in jail and impounding and crushing their cars will solve EVERYTHING.

TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #26
yusuke1923
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
yusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfectionyusuke1923 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
THey just smog your car?? No ticket right?
yusuke1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #27
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
hahhaha, everyone in this thread that has posted from my area has negative rep and spells like a retard.

Yeah, I'm sure our SR20's are killing the environment and putting some 17 year old kids in jail and impounding and crushing their cars will solve EVERYTHING.

It won't solve everything, but it's a step in the right direction. Taking ignorant fucktard trolls off the road is a good stride towards a better World.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #28
LuiGs14

LuiGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #29
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
WOW.... i work in ontario.... damn.. im asking for it.. LOL yeah ontario is a hot spot for street racing [thank u punk honda ricers] oh well cant do shit about it.. not like we dont got irwindale speedway everythursday to drag n cali speedway to do motorcross and orange show to drift... bleh i hate pigs sometimes... i do agree they should use their focus on saftey .. but portable smog stations is too far!..
PRADOgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #30
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
It won't solve everything, but it's a step in the right direction. Taking ignorant fucktard trolls off the road is a good stride towards a better World.

I'm sorry, how does "ignorant fucktard trolls" relate to smog legal cars? I see hundreds of "ignorant fucktard trolls" (I think I'm talking to one right now) everyday in perfectly smog legal cars. You can't stop them, and making more laws only makes it more difficult for those of us with some god damn sense in our heads.

In fact most people I know with smog-failing cars are quite the opposite of "ignorant fucktard trolls". They have the knowledge and know how to construct and maintain a vehicle such as these.

Taking stupid people off the street? How is that EVER going to be accomplished? You think that just because I have an SR20, that doesn't pass CA emissions laws (even though it could pass the sniffer if I wanted it to) means that I should be taken off the road? Because CA declares it visually unacceptable? I know of trucks that are sold as brand new today that will emit more pollutants than I do.

If you think this is true, maybe we should abolish construction equipment, and coal power plants, and smoking, and poop, and cow poops, and hair spray, and air conditioning, and all racing on the entire planet will be done with skateboards and motorcycles from here on out. And you can only wipe your ass with one square of paper.

Are you sure you're not from San Francisco?
Do you ONLY ride a bicycle, well then you're an IGNORANT FUCKTARD TROLL driving some emission making car!
In fact, if you're driving a 240sx at all you're driving a car that only passes out dated emissions standards! Buy a brand new car you wasteful shit! Stop polluting my air!
Do you ever use full throttle on your vehicle?? WHY GOD DAMNIT!? Use light throttle and stop making me breathe your death!
Do you use air conditioning? Hair spray??? You should die in a fire!
Do you recycle 100%?!?!?! If not I'll shit on your face!
Hell, the power you are using to power the computer you are typing from came from a power source that is most likely "unclean", you should set your computer on fire!

Smog Nazi's FTW.

/random, erratic post.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote