Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 11-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #151
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's about time we start highlighting the mistakes people do, not just the police. I'm glad I don't live in some third world country or Mexico were a good 30, 40% are corrupt and/or working for some drug cartel. We have it good in this country but our freedom are retard idea that rappers are right and we should follow what their dumb asses rap about (don't snitch) has spoiled this country. Anyway, you wanna avoid getting the stuffing knocked out of you then here's a good educational video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2014, 07:10 PM   #152
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Corbic

There are a thousand more better causes to riot over than this fiasco. What ever happen to nonviolent protest?
Exactly...Ferguson has been leveled, businesses destroyed, looting, riots, cops shot, 2 dead guys thus far, over a hundred arrests, cop cars burned, firemen being shot at for trying to put out fires, 2 FBI agents shot, news crews/press being assaulted...etc.

Schools were canceled, businesses shut down, Thanksgiving Day Parade canceled, concerts canceled, mom and pop shops losing $, employees losing pay needed for holidays...major impacts. Not to mention the property values of every home in Ferguson just plummeted.

Tonight will mark the 3rd night in a row. National Guard came in and helped a little last night, so hopefully with them around tonight, not much will happen. Scanners have been pretty eye opening to what Ferguson PD and all the other departments that have officers helping out, have to deal with.

It's pretty intense to hear 8-10 reports of "...shots fired..." per hour.
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #153
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Exactly...Ferguson has been leveled, businesses destroyed, looting, riots, cops shot, 2 dead guys thus far, over a hundred arrests, cop cars burned, firemen being shot at for trying to put out fires, 2 FBI agents shot, news crews/press being assaulted...etc.

Schools were canceled, businesses shut down, Thanksgiving Day Parade canceled, concerts canceled, mom and pop shops losing $, employees losing pay needed for holidays...major impacts. Not to mention the property values of every home in Ferguson just plummeted.

Tonight will mark the 3rd night in a row. National Guard came in and helped a little last night, so hopefully with them around tonight, not much will happen. Scanners have been pretty eye opening to what Ferguson PD and all the other departments that have officers helping out, have to deal with.

It's pretty intense to hear 8-10 reports of "...shots fired..." per hour.
I was listening to the radio last night and a woman made a very good point, the economic destruction these actions will have on the Ferguson economy will last for a very long time. The surrounding areas prices will rise because they have no competition, local business is going to take a while to rebuild. People who work at these places just lost their jobs. Feel so bad for the innocents who had nothing to do with any of this, now bearing the brunt of it all. So sad

Side note, found it ironic how the first time this happened everyone was complaining about the militarization of police. So now they take a step back, don't wear riot gear, don't show force, and the city burns and everyone's all like, "OMG WHERE ARE THE POLICE?!?!?!? WHY ARENT THEY STOPPING THIS?!?!?!"

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #154
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
"OMG WHERE ARE THE POLICE?!?!?!? WHY ARENT THEY STOPPING THIS?!?!?!"
Who is saying this? Honestly, I haven't kept up with the issue too much lately so idk...

I wrote a short 5-6 page paper a couple weeks ago on the Michael Brown shooting and police violence against blacks and I can understand the black communities anger, so I'm happy this incident and the 'rioting' is getting some press, but at the same time it is quite unfortunate for many people who own businesses there.

Did you guys see that Cleveland thing? 12 year old kid got shot...
Old 11-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #155
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
get in a few tanks and run them over!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #156
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
get in a few tanks and run them over!!
How bout some battlewagons?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bkt9aLBBI
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #157
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Good ol' Subaru legacy. They should use that for their next commercial.
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #158
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
Who is saying this? Honestly, I haven't kept up with the issue too much lately so idk...

I wrote a short 5-6 page paper a couple weeks ago on the Michael Brown shooting and police violence against blacks and I can understand the black communities anger, so I'm happy this incident and the 'rioting' is getting some press, but at the same time it is quite unfortunate for many people who own businesses there.

Did you guys see that Cleveland thing? 12 year old kid got shot...
What happened in Cleveland is something that needs to be rioted over.

Rioting and looting over some "shorty wannabe a thug" who got killed trying to fight a cop? That's just stupid, but I don't expect anything less from a community that apparently fosters that kind of ignorance.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...wn-Merchandise

^ This link right here explains exactly why Michael Brown never stood a chance in life...his own family fighting over who gets the money from selling merchandise in his name.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #159
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
What happened in Cleveland is something that needs to be rioted over.
Ahhh no.

The reason that kid died was.

1) He didn't follow the officers commands.

"Minutes later, two Cleveland Police officers - a rookie and a 10-15 year veteran - arrived at the scene, where they apparently saw Tamir pick up the gun from a table and put it in his waistband.
The rookie then asked the boy to put his hands up, at which point the youngster reached into his waistband and pulled out the pistol"

2) He removed the orange tip, which is against the law, and this incident shows why. Without the orange tip you are carrying a real gun. So that kid had a real gun.

You brandish a real gun and don't follow an officers commands what do you expect to happen?

The officer doesn't have x-ray vision to see if it has BB's or bullets inside. Some of my airsoft guns are no different than my real guns other than the internals. GBB's even have the sound and action of a real gun.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #160
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post

"Minutes later, two Cleveland Police officers - a rookie and a 10-15 year veteran - arrived at the scene, where they apparently saw Tamir pick up the gun from a table and put it in his waistband.
The rookie then asked the boy to put his hands up, at which point the youngster reached into his waistband and pulled out the pistol"

2) He removed the orange tip, which is against the law, and this incident shows why. Without the orange tip you are carrying a real gun. So that kid had a real gun.
Why do you think he reached for his "real gun"? Was he going to shoot the cops with it?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #161
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
Quote:
Why do you think he reached for his "real gun"? Was he going to shoot the cops with it?
I think he meant to convey the point of the officer's perception of a real gun. Officer's see a gun, they don't think, they react. That's their training. That's the point. If you're going to carry a fake gun like a real gun, people are going to think it's real, and cops are going to treat you like a real threat. Even if you're not.
BlueKpS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #162
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
the beaver creek walmart shooting is something to be rioting about.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #163
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
From the cops prospective, yeah it probably did look like he was going to use his real gun. I remember from a gun safety class I took decades ago. The instructor said never carry your handgun in the glove box. Why? You get pulled over, they ask for license and registration, and you reach over to the glove box, which may look like you are reaching for your gun and you now have a hole in the side of your head. It's as simple as Chris Rock's video. Just don't put yourself in stupid situations. Like going after an officers gun, taking the orange tip off a BB gun and brandishing it in public, standing in front of a 3500lb automobile, etc. etc...

And don't give me the age shit either. (I know you didn't, just saying in case anyone else wants to throw that in) He was 12. My 5 and 7 year old know enough not to take the orange tip off of their airsoft guns, or even use them anywhere but the backyard or airsoft field. I can't even imagine my kids thinking going down to the local park with their airsoft guns (even with the orange tips on) being a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKpS13 View Post
I think he meant to convey the point of the officer's perception of a real gun. Officer's see a gun, they don't think, they react. That's their training. That's the point. If you're going to carry a fake gun like a real gun, people are going to think it's real, and cops are going to treat you like a real threat. Even if you're not.
Exactly.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #164
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKpS13 View Post
lol...

i realized what he was trying to say and understand it, hence why it was in ""

and i didnt say anything about rioting over it or even my stance on it. i just mentioned it because it applied to police shooting black people.

but seriously, 0100. why do you think he reached for it? i would think to show the police its not real or drop it or something along those lines. what other reason would he have? shoot the police with it? the video quality is terrible though so it is definitely hard to tell what happened.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #165
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
the beaver creek walmart shooting is something to be rioting about.
Beavercreek and Ferguson are 2 totally different areas. Beavercreek had plenty of civil protests and marches without burning down and ruining an entire city for no reason. People made a point in a civilized manner. Whether you think the cop is at fault or not, I respect people that can protest and still act like a member of the community, not destroy it like a bunch of savages.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #166
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Yet again in new york another officer isnt held accountable for his actions even though the chokehold was specifically ordered not to be used. Why do we have laws again?

Officer unaccountability is rampant nation wide
There's the police state right in front of our eyes
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #167
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Yet again in new york another officer isnt held accountable for his actions even though the chokehold was specifically ordered not to be used. Why do we have laws again?

Agree completely. If you think this is just a black thing, white people be very fucking afraid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...raid-fatality/
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #168
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Because 12 years old don't have the ability to make sense of the world around them the same way an adults can (well.. some adults). He's a kid and in his 12 year old mind he has a toy gun. He probably thought hey I'll just pull it out and show them it's a toy. Unfortunately for him that triggered a deadly response.

I remember when I was 10 and I was going to rob a ice cream vendor for icecream with a BB gun. In my ignorant 10 year old brain it wasn't a big deal because it was just a BB gun. A BB gun is a toy of sorts and not a real gun so it's not a real crime. Luckily for me my BB gun broke in half when I tried to pump it up.

In law it doesn't matter if the gun is a fake, all that matters is if the person on the other side reasonably believe that it's real.

Black lives matter.. only if killed by a non-black person.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:19 AM   #169
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideslidegnarslide View Post
Good ol' Subaru legacy. They should use that for their next commercial.
XD Haaaaaa no lie i would of done the exact same thing.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #170
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Happened again in St. Louis last night...motorist pulls gun after hitting ppl in road b/c they broke out his window.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...45b2ab84e.html
Old 12-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #171
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Old 12-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #172
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post

This. I can't believe some of these comments I'm reading right here about Tamir Rice's shooting. They really lead me to believe some of you guys HAVE not seen the video. Police were called to the scene looking for a 20 something waving a gun around. They pull up to a black 12 year old sitting quietly & drop him as soon as he stands up. The car hadn't even come to a complete stop. Zero attempt made to establish a defensive posture & ID the individual. Seriously, go watch the vid. I don't see how you can defend the cops here. Looks like a damn drive-by shooting.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #173
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF are u talking about, havent you seen the video? this literally was a driveby done by the police, im so infuriated by this! and it makes me sick!

kid is sitting alone, cops show up and in less than a second gun him down!

i dont care if he removed the orange tip, i dont care if the kid violated commands(they were no commands), these officers violated protocol, they murdered a kid.

kids are kids, i remember playing with toy guns and shit,,, making mods to them, making look real, playing around on the streets with my friends. I have never committed a crime or im a violent person.

your comments explain why there is so much wrong shit happening nowadays, people like you that look the other way when given the chance to hold them accountable, are the assholes that chose not to indicted dickholes like this, or find them not guilt them,,,just because they have a stressful job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Ahhh no.

The reason that kid died was.

You brandish a real gun and don't follow an officers commands what do you expect to happen?

The officer doesn't have x-ray vision to see if it has BB's or bullets inside. Some of my airsoft guns are no different than my real guns other than the internals. GBB's even have the sound and action of a real gun.
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #174
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
Black lives matter.. only if killed by a non-black person.
Lives matter. Period. Doesn't matter what color you are. The reason the current uproar is taking place is that these lives are being taken by the very ppl sworn to protect them & the rest of the community. The reason for the outrage is that, despite video evidence in many of these cases, they aren't even going to trial. And it's not just black ppl are being effected. Hell, 4 years ago, NYPD officers beat a special needs kid to death.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #175
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
This. I can't believe some of these comments I'm reading right here about Tamir Rice's shooting. They really lead me to believe some of you guys HAVE not seen the video. Police were called to the scene looking for a 20 something waving a gun around. They pull up to a black 12 year old sitting quietly & drop him as soon as he stands up. The car hadn't even come to a complete stop. Zero attempt made to establish a defensive posture & ID the individual. Seriously, go watch the vid. I don't see how you can defend the cops here. Looks like a damn drive-by shooting.
We've all seen the video. Does it amaze you that people can draw different conclusions from the same set of facts?

How did the Police know his age? Because there was no description of age whatsoever in the 9-11 call. All that was described was a "guy" in at the park with gun, possibly a fake, brandishing it at people, in a camo hat, grey jacket with black sleeves. No mention of his age and it took the dispatcher 3 times before the caller would even identify the race of the "guy".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30214859

Now when the Cops show they observe him from afar and see him put the gun into his waist band in the dispatch recordings.

You're the one oblivious of the facts. Quietly sitting down..

You must have missed the part where he's walking around pointing it at the guy who called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8FZWMVxB0#t=71

He gets up @ 7:00
Walks around the table @ 7:02/7:03
Police car enters the frame @ 7:06
Police car stops at @ 7:09
The officer that shot him opens the door to exit @ 7:10
At that same time Tamir Rice reaches for the airsoft @ 7:10
Tamir Rice is shot @ 7:11
You can see the officer stumble on his ass and gets up @ 7:13

All of which is contrary to YOUR conclusion of the facts. Just in case you forgot what that was.

Quote:
They pull up to a black 12 year old sitting quietly & drop him as soon as he stands up.
Further, what does the motion of the car have to do with responding to the fact that he walks up to them reaching for his realistic looking airsoft gun?

Nothing.

It's so easy to play Monday morning quarterback. Hindsight is always 20/20 and everyone gets it right after the fact. Giving police the authority to use deadly force, expecting them to make 100% perfect judgment calls on every single incident and then faulting them for not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy.

What if the situation turned out it was a real gun and the cops set up a defensive position and a civilian walks by again and finally gets shot?

What do you think the headlines would have been? I submit that it would be "Police failed to protect the public, a citizen is killed due to inaction and negligence".
Old 12-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #176
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Lives matter. Period. Doesn't matter what color you are. The reason the current uproar is taking place is that these lives are being taken by the very ppl sworn to protect them & the rest of the community. The reason for the outrage is that, despite video evidence in many of these cases, they aren't even going to trial. And it's not just black ppl are being effected. Hell, 4 years ago, NYPD officers beat a special needs kid to death.
So where are the protest when scores of blacks are killed by other blacks? If the lives of blacks in their own community don't matter, then why should it matter to people outside of that community?

And why should they go to trial? Because a situation ended badly? The government has a degree of immunity. That's always been the case. People act like it's a new concept or something. Civilians don't have the duty of law enforcement. Thus they're never put in a situation where they have to make judgement while performing that duty. Thinking and gathering all the fact is easy to do in the comfort of our homes, on our computers with the luxury of TIME to think about the situation.

I know it's a hard concept for these ignorant people given that science, reason and logic take a back seat to Kim Kardashian's big ass. It's a tough job when you have to make split-second decisions on the spot with very little information to go on. All you have to go on is what your eyes can see and what your ears can hear that that very moment. To criminalize mis-judgement is just plain stupid.

But given that people are unreasoning and illogical fools, what would a trial accomplish? Did the Zimmerman trial change minds? Nope. Did the unorthodox grand jury of Ferguson change any minds? Nope. So what is the point in a trial if the discovery of what can be verified is tossed into the trash because it doesn't fit the narrative?

And who are the cops protecting us from again? Other people in the community.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #177
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

Clearly a conspiracy.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #178
Corbic
Post Whore!

Another thing to consider....

Old 12-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #179
Corbic
Post Whore!

With all that said, I believe one something to help prevent this is officer training.

We need to raise the bar and set higher standards. Minimum 23 years of age and college degree. Boot camp style basic training, continuing training once on the force.

Dozens of studies prove "street smart" officers are buffoons and that class room educated, articulate officers do better work. They reason through problems better, they document better, they follow procedure better.

The issue here would then be an outcry about "community policing" and the ethnic make up of the force.

To be blunt and insensitive, you'll see more white boys from middle class families and communities policing black, Latino and white lower class slums. (More whites numerically live in poverty then blacks)
Old 12-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #180
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Yeah but why would anyone want to work as a police officer if they have a college education?