Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
benarovi561
In time-out for misbehaving.

Trader Rating: (0)
benarovi561 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Un-mod dorkidori???

this guy uses his banning powers way too much. he deletes anything that he doesnt like.
He is pushing people away from this forum.
So can a mod please un-mod this guy he is abusing his powers and lot of people have seen it.
I was just banned for 3 months for saying this. I didnt realize you get banned on this forum for speaking an opinion. Which is actualy a fact in this case.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
oh, thank you for letting me know you have 2 users names. Consider this one permabanned as multiple user names are not allowed!

by the way, dont act like im bullying you or anyone else. picking public fights and trolling got you into trouble after you were warned, MULTIPLE TIMES, to leave well enough alone. oh, and your little stunt on my facebook page basically sealed the deal!

EDIT: i felt the need to add a follow up to the above accusations. the fact of the matter is that i dont go around with my finger on the ban button. 99% of people i ban get at least 2-3 warnings before i decide to pink them. and 99% of the people i pink dont listen when i tell them to knock off the BS theyre pulling (and this can be publicly verified in every instance). its always amazing how one sided and victimized people make it seem when theyre pulling crap they shouldnt and get in trouble for it. just because its the internet doent mean you can get away with whatever you want.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 03-12-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Lol .

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
JdM_JunKiE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (32)
JdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Hahahahahahaha
Old 03-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
My only criticism of dorki's moderating is be more profession and generic when warning in threads, send a more detailed explanation with personal history and past statements to the person in a PM.

IE closing threads in FS or lock threads.

Instead of "You keep this up and I'll pink you for 2 weeks!!!" maybe something generic like "Please read the rules of the forum, further actions may lead to suspension. You have been messaged with more detail regarding the situation."

I'm paraphrasing and can't find the exact link.

No other probs with his moderation, closing links in FS at bump limit and for no pix is spot on!

My 2 cents.

Last edited by 5280VertDET; 03-12-2014 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: wordz r hrd
Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
My only criticism of dorki's moderating is be more profession and generic when warning in threads, send a more detailed explanation with personal history and past statements to the person in a PM.

IE closing threads in FS or lock threads.

Instead of "You keep this up and I'll pink you for 2 weeks!!!" maybe something generic like "Please read the rules of the forum, further actions may lead to suspension. You have been messaged with more detail regarding the situation."

I'm paraphrasing and can't find the exact link.

No other probs with his moderation, closing links in FS at bump limit and for no pix is spot on!

My 2 cents.

Nothing worse than getting pink'd with no explanation. (not saying you do or don't explain but this should just be a general rule among mods)

Edit: Just actually saw a post by dorkidori on the marketplace and I agree, more professionalism please.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Cart View Post
Nothing worse than getting pink'd with no explanation. (not saying you do or don't explain but this should just be a general rule among mods)

Edit: Just actually saw a post by dorkidori on the marketplace and I agree, more professionalism please.
curious, which post in the marketplace are you referring to?

Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
two40sxslyder

Trader Rating: (0)
two40sxslyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to two40sxslyder
Quote:

He banned benarovi twice for just saying exacly what you said this . He justs deletes everything and bans you .
Old 03-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #9
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Beating a dead horse guys.....

Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by two40sxslyder View Post
He banned benarovi twice for just saying exacly what you said this . He justs deletes everything and bans you .
i banned benarovi for more than you know about so seriously chill with the "oh he was so innocent" act.

oh, btw i dont delete everything. have i deleted a single thing in this thread? NOPE! i delete posts that are either shit talking, infighting or are flat out trolling. benarovi was warned to no longer address me due to a situation that occured outside of zilvia.

everyone has their opinion on how moderators/admins should and shouldnt do their jobs. thats great, but actually doing the job is an entirely different story. nay say, cry and complain about everything that i do...its a dirty job, but know this, as a moderator/admin, the first time you pink someone, you instantly become the enemy the person youve pinked and to their little "clique" of friends. most of you will never know this, most of you probably dont care. but in the end, when i pink someone, its because theyve done something theyve already been warned about...NUMEROUS TIMES!

so again, quit with the "oh he was so innocent" BS and start thinking a bit deeper in that maybe he did something he really shouldnt have that you dont know about...maybe hes being pink'd for a reason.

and maybe that reason has NOTHING to do with the fact that im a moderator and more to do with the fact sometimes people do stuff without thinking about the ramifications of their actions....just maybe!

Old 03-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
dorki does the job. follow the rules and stop sucking
Old 03-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #12
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
With great power comes great responsibility
Old 03-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #13
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
With great power comes great responsibility

Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #14
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
curious, which post in the marketplace are you referring to?
I don't have the link to the thread right now, I saw it earlier. But it was something like "pics or i lock it".
Would just seem a little better to say something along the lines of how 5280VertDET said.
I don't see you much on the market place but usually on some of the threads in the chat sub I'll see your posts. Coincidentally I clicked a thread and saw your name while reading this thread also.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #15
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
I don't have the link to the thread right now, I saw it earlier. But it was something like "pics or i lock it".
Would just seem a little better to say something along the lines of how 5280VertDET said.
I don't see you much on the market place but usually on some of the threads in the chat sub I'll see your posts. Coincidentally I clicked a thread and saw your name while reading this thread also.
i havent spent a lot of time recently in the marketplace due to a few reasons. one is i simply dont have the time right now to dig thru all the threads like i use to to weed out the problems (forum users have been doing an awesome job of that which i am very thankful for)... and two, i have been spending chunks of my (very little) free time on a new project for zilvia that the site owners are reviewing right now that will aid in marketplace conductivity/moderation.

i may not be all kittens and puppies in the way i address users in the marketplace when theyre not following the rules, but there are reasons i am as stern as i am. also, keep in mind, for the most part i usually give users a chance to right their wrongs. i will leave a message, if they dont fix their thread per my request usually in an 8-12 hour period, it gets locked. "pics or i lock your thread" is about as blunt as i get. there is nothing offensive about what i said, there is no way it can be misunderstood and it gets my point across. there is no mean tense behind it or insult meant. it literally says what it says.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #16
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
It is 20 freaking 14, if you don't know how to read the stickies before posting.... you aren't entitled to kitties and puppies. Get it together....

you have had plenty of warning, you are old enough to drive, and if you can't handle reading the stickies first that isn't a mod problem..... that's a you problem.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
It is 20 freaking 14, if you don't know how to read the stickies before posting.... you aren't entitled to kitties and puppies. Get it together....

you have had plenty of warning, you are old enough to drive, and if you can't handle reading the stickies first that isn't a mod problem..... that's a you problem.
*gets down on one knee* gabby, will you marry me!

Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
This makes my thread almost look professional.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #19
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
This makes my thread almost look professional.

will you be the best man at the wedding if gabby says yes?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #20
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Gabby already be's married. sorry
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
stev0n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stev0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hell, I think the ban hammer isn't slammed down enough.

Moderator duties are a lot harder than you think. Between babysitting & cleaning up/fixing threads. I was mod of another Nissan forum for a long time & a Harley forum. Both forums were much calmer (and probably more mature) than ThunderDome here & even then I had trouble finding time outside of my real life to do another job online.

Moral of the story: Take some Midol & stop whining. Dorki does a great job. Not to mention he's the only person that makes cool S-chassis shirts.

I don't know, maybe if you think Dorki is a good mod, he should give you like a 75% discount on clothing & aero. LOL
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #22
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post

I don't think it matters what year it is, lol.
It could be 2024, but if it's the first time someone's on a forum, chances are they don't even know what a "sticky" is.

I know you aren't targeting me, but I never said it was right or not to ban whoever got banned. I'm saying the way I saw it presented was not "professional mod-like". It has nothing to do with being mean or nice, and I never said it didn't get your point across, because it does.
Simply put, it could be a little more "professional" than "pics or I lock it". And that's what 5280VertDET was getting to. You're a mod so you have more responsibility than throwing pinks and locking threads, inform. If it is someone's first time on the forum and they didn't see the sticky I'd hope you wouldn't do that. It could potentially steer away the noobs to zilvia. If that's their first impression of a Mod they probably would view the community to a lower standard as well because of it.

Ninja Edit; I'm not saying you're not doing a good job as a mod, again this is only the first experience I've ever had with you. You're a mod for a reason.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #23
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I don't think it matters what year it is, lol.
It could be 2024, but if it's the first time someone's on a forum, chances are they don't even know what a "sticky" is.

I know you aren't targeting me, but I never said it was right or not to ban whoever got banned. I'm saying the way I saw it presented was not "professional mod-like". It has nothing to do with being mean or nice, and I never said it didn't get your point across, because it does.
Simply put, it could be a little more "professional" than "pics or I lock it". And that's what 5280VertDET was getting to. You're a mod so you have more responsibility than throwing pinks and locking threads, inform. If it is someone's first time on the forum and they didn't see the sticky I'd hope you wouldn't do that. It could potentially steer away the noobs to zilvia. If that's their first impression of a Mod they probably would view the community to a lower standard as well because of it.

Ninja Edit; I'm not saying you're not doing a good job as a mod, again this is only the first experience I've ever had with you. You're a mod for a reason.
I R not a mod..... heaven help the page that lets that happen.

if this is your first swing, and you are just learning how to do things, the word "post new thread" had 4 or 5 lines with the words IN BOLD and AT THE VERY TOP RIGHT BY THE "Post new thread button"

There are also FAQ's and even the welcome email that you receive when you are confirming your account that provides all kinds of helpful hits and directions. There are a dozen safe guards against you making choices that would get you pinked, banned, ect. The only thing that stands it is way is a fool strong enough to exceed all the fool proof packaging.

never mind you need to posses an account for what a month? before you are even able to post in the F/s section. (least it was back in the day) So you have a whole month to get your feet wet and learn where the buttons are and mash away at the key board and learn the board before you post something stupid.

I have seen the mods give plenty of opportunity to fix peoples posts and their ways. If they don't understand what they did wrong, who's fault is that? No one is forcing your to post your crap here, and frankly even CL has their polices and if you don't follow them they will delete your post too.

"Officer I'm sorry I didn't see the speed limit was only 35...." does that get you out of a ticket? does that entitle you to having the police hold your hand and read the signs for you? Or do they tell you that it is your job to know the laws and operate accordingly?

The sad thing is, the people who bitch and moan about it, are not new. They are just lazy and unwilling to follow the rules. Those who are truly new and not some slacker who Just says "I'm on my phone I can't be bothered to post pics" are the ones who PM or ask how to rectify their mistakes. I have seen it more than once and even provided links to others to help them avoid making the mods have to get into their posts. Specially in the wheel section and oddly enough those "new" people you are so worried about fix their problems and learn from it. Some don't, and they are the members who make the 12 accounts and are found with pink, brown, ect usernames on here.....

in the end, the "color" of your username is entirely up to....... YOU
Old 03-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #24
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

seriously Gabby, run away with me! we can go live in the bahamas, no one will ever find us there! lol

Closed Thread