Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 11-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Get your sleeping bags ready: Nissan GT-R pre-orders begin Jan. 1st

Filed under: Car Buying, Supercars, Nissan

Click the image above for more shots of the 2008 Nissan GT-R.

That's right kiddies. According to the LA Times, preorders for the 1,500 U.S.-bound Nissan GT-Rs will begin on the January 1st, 2008. As a reminder, the cost of entry is just over $70,000 and whatever your local dealer decides to tack onto the bottom of the sticker -- possibly upwards of $15k. Somehow we doubt there'll be a line forming a few days before the calendar change (those who can afford it have people for that kind of thing), but we could think of worse ways to spend New Year's Eve - like queuing up for a Versa.

[Source: LA Times]

Gallery: 2008 Nissan GT-R close ups

Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
8kred
Zilvia Junkie

8kred is an unknown quantity at this point
you know some dealer is gonna add another 30k markup.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
implayaz9 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
damm.. i guess people should be ready to pay the price if they want it so bad!
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
wow I don't see who is going to drop that much dough on it.
I mean don't get me wrong I love the car but thats alot of coin.

...Well I'll be standing outside of whatever dealership that will be getting them come Jan.!
Thanks Zilvia Bot 001010011110
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #5
180sx Fan
Zilvia Member

180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all180sx Fan is a name known to all
There will definetly be people who will buy it just to say that they own a skyline. I hope that the people who buy them will actually drive them though it would be a shame for them to just sit in a garage and not be used for what they are made for.
180sx Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 AM   #6
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sx Fan View Post
There will definetly be people who will buy it just to say that they own a skyline.
Too bad its not called a skyline.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #7
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Someone loan me $69,995. I probably won't pay you back.
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
yeah then only reason i'd be waiting at the dealership is to maybe snap a few photos.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
You probably need a credit check just to get in line... ><
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Eyemfaster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Eyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eyemfaster
Quote:
There will definetly be people who will buy it just to say that they own a skyline. I hope that the people who buy them will actually drive them though it would be a shame for them to just sit in a garage and not be used for what they are made for.
works for me. increases the odds of me getting a nice one down the road.
Eyemfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
j4d3_h4v0k
Zilvia Member

Location: a town that doesn't even warrant a dot on the map, so cal
Trader Rating: (1)
j4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j4d3_h4v0k
Talking

Quote:
I hope that the people who buy them will actually drive them though it would be a shame for them to just sit in a garage and not be used for what they are made for.
Yeah there prolly won't be too many daily driven people who drop that much "coin" on a limited production vehicle will have them in a garage barely driven most of these cars prolly won't even see there turbos fully spool but that's ok cuz me and eyemfaster will buy one off one of these richies in good condition in a few years then they'll be driven enough to make up for the previous owners lack of enthusiasm for what the vehicle was built for
j4d3_h4v0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
motorsnail
Zilvia Addict

motorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4d3_h4v0k View Post
Yeah there prolly won't be too many daily driven people who drop that much "coin" on a limited production vehicle will have them in a garage barely driven most of these cars prolly won't even see there turbos fully spool but that's ok cuz me and eyemfaster will buy one off one of these richies in good condition in a few years then they'll be driven enough to make up for the previous owners lack of enthusiasm for what the vehicle was built for
I would babby that thing like a new born.....Its one of the FIRST in america is value only goes up from the day you buy it. And not only value the mind set that you have one of the FIRST in your garage and not many people do. Tearing it up would be gay IMO.
motorsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 AM   #13
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
do they accept down payment?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 AM   #14
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsnail View Post
I would babby that thing like a new born.....Its one of the FIRST in america is value only goes up from the day you buy it. And not only value the mind set that you have one of the FIRST in your garage and not many people do. Tearing it up would be gay IMO.

I agree, I bet Jay Leno will have one in his collection... can you imagine having the very first one off the assembly line???

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #15
Gumballf355
Zilvia Addict

Gumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Gumballf355
As fast as it is people won't be standing in line for one. I think the styling doesn't really warrant a speculated 80k pricetag. If I can get sticker I'll put my name down for one. Usually deposits are $5k down.
Gumballf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #16
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
yeah then only reason i'd be waiting at the dealership is to maybe snap a few photos.
I would go there, just to get a close look at the car and sit inside.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #17
Chops@MVP
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Chops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chops@MVP
One of my coworkers already pre-ordered 2. One for resell and the other for himself. Expected to arrive next summer.

Robert

940-683-8282 x20
Robert Del Angel

CLICK HERE FOR OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!!!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!!

Master Distributor for : RPS, Tein, Seibon, Haltech, HKS, Greddy, Cusco, Blitz, Koyo, AEM, Map ECU, Eibach, Tokiko, Power Enterprise, Work, Volk, Fidanza, Defi, ....and so many more!!!
Chops@MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:30 AM   #18
Gunot
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Gunot is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gunot
It looks nice but... R34 > anything else they make

You cant improve perfection, imo.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I can't wait to see the vids on youtube of idiots crashing em...

Are they available in any other fucking color, lolz
Old 12-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #20
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post

Are they available in any other fucking color, lolz
Black, red, dark gray, red, and some other silver-sand kinda color

No Bayside Blue though...

Maybe they'll offer it later down the road.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
soon2bs13
Zilvia Junkie

soon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to soon2bs13
how long do u think before someone jacks it?
ie - rims/brakes/suspension/lights/interior/etc. etc.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #22
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Here in L.A., you know a bunch of douchebags will own a couple, and not really even know what the hell it is, 'status symbol'. Or the obligatory blonde will be driving/crashing one. oh well. Hopefully all the people who deserve and respect the car will be able to own one. I wanna see Daijiro Inada cruise by in one in L.A.......or on Option Video, ha.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #23
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by worangejuice View Post
Here in L.A., you know a bunch of douchebags will own a couple, and not really even know what the hell it is, 'status symbol'. Or the obligatory blonde will be driving/crashing one.
There's no doubt about that.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #24
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
fuck I want one.

I'm going to start a donation on here so that I can buy one.

Whoever donates gets a ride along.

LOL
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #25
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
I'm going to start a donation on here so that I can buy one.

Whoever donates gets a ride along.

LOL
How about everyone donates and Zilvia buys one and then WeST and I will do a nationwide tour and let everyone who donated go on a ride along.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #26
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
How about everyone donates and Zilvia buys one and then WeST and I will do a nationwide tour and let everyone who donated go on a ride along.
I got $1 on it.
Howard92884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #27
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
We'd be gold if every member put in $2!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #28
newstar31
Leaky Injector

newstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nicenewstar31 is just really nice
im in for $2 as long as u bring it up to canada too lol
still i wud go for a built r32 gtr
newstar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #29
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah they won't be arriving Jan 1st, just the preorders begin then. Most likely the earliest you'll see them arriving in dealers is March.

We've already started taking deposits for reservations and I believe our first 3 are tentatively sold.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #30
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
If you were smart you'd follow them around with a tow truck and wait for some rich douche to wreck one. Then take off with it and go mad scientist trying to figure out how to swap the power train to another vehicle.