Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-16-2009, 01:12 AM   #91
Long.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Long. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Subscribed - thanks for giving us the inside scoop, OP!
Long. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #92
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gtstwincam Send a message via Yahoo to gtstwincam
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
i would have taken the $5500 instead of the car, but that's just me. oh and right now i'm in the middle of a hit and run case, the other party at fault...all i can say is-damn you adjusters take forever to pay out when it's your fault lol

youre not the only one with a claim.... our phones ring off the hook and we are always on the road inspecting cars at shops, residences, etc.

We get back to you when we can.

gtstwincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #93
180Sil
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
180Sil will become famous soon enough180Sil will become famous soon enough180Sil will become famous soon enough180Sil will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
Some other information:

5. If you were the victim of a collision loss and your vehicle was repaired at a shop for 5 days, you are entitled to 5 days of compensation for a rental car. The insurance company provides you a rental car for 5 days (fuel and damage waivers are not covered by insurance) or you can get the cash for the 5 days you didnt use a rental car.
I didn't know about this, extra $$$ to fix the car.

I'm claiming my neighbor's insurance for my front driver side damage. It happened while the car was parked at work in the parking lot, their ford pick up backed into my S13 with JDM Silvia conversion. So I'm claiming fender, corner light, bumper, paint and labor. Oh I also have the Origin Aggressive on the car that's molded to the car.
180Sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #94
sliksta1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
so my wifes car had hale damage. we made a claim and the car was in the body shop for 5 days being fixed. we didnt have a rental or any other transportation. and she didnt have retal car coverage in the event of an accident. do think its possible to still get compensated for not using a rental.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #95
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
[
deleted.
deleted.

Last edited by gtstwincam; 05-12-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #96
sliksta1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
gotcha thanks for the info. awesome dude.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #97
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

more info

deleted.
deleted.

Last edited by gtstwincam; 05-12-2010 at 10:36 PM..
Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #98
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
let me ask you this...if the party responsible is taking there sweet time and you already notified BBB, would you say there something fishy going on, EVEN WHEN, said party already took fault for said collision...but im talkin a good 3-5 months of very weak communication... would you say it be in my best interest to ask for more compensation, due to the liability of possibly loosing my job due to not having a car?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #99
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
For those of you with

AAA roadside and towing coverage

AAA WILL NOT cover services for "MODIFIED" vehicles.

Lowered vehicles, body kits, etc etc etc will affect your coverage

My S14 was stranded on the road and I needed a tow to the nearby Nissan dealership.

I requested a flat bed because my car was lowered.

The straight out told me that there will be no coverage for modified vehicles.

I argued and spoke with a supervisor.. Got nowhere.

"modified is modified" and there is no coverage

Luckily, i used my GEICO roadside assistance.

Bottom line is:

DO NOT TELL AAA that your car is lowered, has rims, bodykits, etc.
Even if they don't know it's modified and they still come out with a flatbed, they will just turn around and refuse to pick you up.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #100
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Even if they don't know it's modified and they still come out with a flatbed, they will just turn around and refuse to pick you up.
I tell them every time I've needed a tow that they need to bring a flatbed, and every time they show up the tow driver looks at me with a huge frown, and then sees me pop some zip ties/remove the bumper, and I tell him how to use the 2x4"s that they all carry to get it up there without ripping my intercooler off.

Never once had a problem, with any of my cars, or my Dad's Z06.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #101
sevenstar
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sevenstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To the guy that posted about AAA not picking up the car because its modified I always request a flatbed because my car dealer said If its towed anyother way it can be hazardous because of the rear differential will lock in a turn, kind of an anti theft design. And if they are willing to pay for damages that occur when towing without a flatbed then I have no problem using one. They usually use a flatbed,
sevenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #102
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I tell them every time I've needed a tow that they need to bring a flatbed, and every time they show up the tow driver looks at me with a huge frown, and then sees me pop some zip ties/remove the bumper, and I tell him how to use the 2x4"s that they all carry to get it up there without ripping my intercooler off.

Never once had a problem, with any of my cars, or my Dad's Z06.
A z06 isn't high to begin with. AAA has a list of car's that they will automatically send a flatbed out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstar View Post
To the guy that posted about AAA not picking up the car because its modified I always request a flatbed because my car dealer said If its towed anyother way it can be hazardous because of the rear differential will lock in a turn, kind of an anti theft design. And if they are willing to pay for damages that occur when towing without a flatbed then I have no problem using one. They usually use a flatbed,
PERSONALLY, I don't use AAA, so any time I need a tow I'll request a flatbed. One time I even loaded it myself.

But there was one time Falkon240 and I were driving around and his car required a tow. Of course we requested a flatbed. They asked about the car and what not. Everything was cool. She had a truck come out to us. Next thing you know the flatbed comes as well as a standard tow truck. The guy said that they refuse to tow his car because it was too low/flush and against AAA rules or whatever. Then he proceeded to tell us to call AAA back. We called and indeed, they refused to tow the car.

So here we are, at 3am in the tenderloin with a broken down car and multiple "backyard mechanics" insisting on helping us fix the car.

About another hour and a half wait and AAA agrees to help us find a tow truck but it wouldn't be covered with the policy. I think they charged him like $350? or something to tow it.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #103
MadWorld
BANNED

MadWorld is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do Californians think 240s are worth so much?

Let me get this straight. The car was t-boned by a SUV and flipped on it's side and the SUV gave it enough inertia to slide 10 feet across the asphalt.

This doesn't sound like something that could easily be repaired by bonding and painting the car. It sounds like the frame was bent in the accident and it wouldn't be worth repairing.

You think he could have gutted the car, left it as is with a bent frame, and sold it for 2,000? THAT'S ASININE!

I can get a 1990 240sx running and very clean for 1,400 any day of the week. here in Florida
MadWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #104
Mr. Goodkat
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
Mr. Goodkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the advice. I totaled my zenki s14 4 years ago. The only damage that it received was blown air bags and 4 blown wheels after I ran up the median on the center divider. My insurance only gave me $3,500 for it when I paid a lot more than that. I did buy it back, however, parted it out and sold the shell.
Mr. Goodkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #105
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
my insurance company friends,
ive always wondered... if someone crashes as the reult of hydro-planing,
is that person @ fault for the damages incurred to their car?
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #106
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Usually single vehicle accidents are determined to be the fault of that driver. The insurance company will argue that you were going faster than the road conditions allowed.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #107
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1five10 View Post
Usually single vehicle accidents are determined to be the fault of that driver. The insurance company will argue that you were going faster than the road conditions allowed.
what about accidents involving animals, such as deer. i understand the whole 'if you see an animal dont swerve, just hit it.' but what if you DO swerve thus going off the road resulting in damages
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #108
1five10
Zilvia Addict

1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT is always the fault of the driver. If you hit the animal, your comprehensive collision coverage will take care of it. Otherwise, you are SOL....

My brother is a litigator for a major insurance company. I had to ask him about the animal thing. He also said that the insurance company might rule in your favor if you could get the animal to "speak" on your behalf. lol
Old 01-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #109
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT is always the fault of the driver. If you hit the animal, your comprehensive collision coverage will take care of it. Otherwise, you are SOL....

My brother is a litigator for a major insurance company. I had to ask him about the animal thing. He also said that the insurance company might rule in your favor if you could get the animal to "speak" on your behalf. lol
thanks for the information. i can understand how i would be @ fault, i guess what i meant to say was "will the insurance company cover the cost." & pretty much youre saying that for animal involvement & the hydro planing that yes GENERALLY (not absolutely, i understand) the company will cover the costs if you have comprehensive? thanks thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #110
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
I found it funny my 90k S14 would only return me ~2,200 if totaled. My 120k mint 2000 civic would return me ~3,500 if totaled/stolen. Where is this $5500 for an S13 comming from? I have found No insurance company that will pay me above blue book value for my cars. My insurance company is USAA from texas, Ive also contacted Progressive and state farm.

They will pay no more than 10% past bluebook private party value. If I still owe more than 10% past, and the car is stolen/totaled, I will owe the insurance company the remaining amount.

Ive asked about "market" value, and nobody has heard of such non-sense.
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #111
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadWorld View Post
Why do Californians think 240s are worth so much?

Let me get this straight. The car was t-boned by a SUV and flipped on it's side and the SUV gave it enough inertia to slide 10 feet across the asphalt.

This doesn't sound like something that could easily be repaired by bonding and painting the car. It sounds like the frame was bent in the accident and it wouldn't be worth repairing.

You think he could have gutted the car, left it as is with a bent frame, and sold it for 2,000? THAT'S ASININE!

I can get a 1990 240sx running and very clean for 1,400 any day of the week. here in Florida

Let me get this straight, you work in the ins industry or bodyshop Or do this for a living like me and you know what YOUR talking about?????
Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #112
donabeast

donabeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Just thought i would add my littl story
so i parked my car on a street behind my work came out for lunch and some one had backed up into it but left a name and # called his insurance they came out looked at my car about a week later they offered me some money on a friday i said let me try to find some recipets to get me some more money called them back monday decided not to give them recipets took the money and ran i ended up with 6k after i bought the car back for 125 bucks and ive already ordered up all the upgraded parts to fix the damage and have only spent just under 1k here are some befor and after
240 :: Picture005.jpg picture by donabeast - Photobucket
240 :: Picture007.jpg picture by donabeast - Photobucket
donabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #113
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by donabeast View Post
so i parked my car on a street behind my work came out for lunch and some one had backed up into it but left a name and # called his insurance they came out looked at my car about a week later they offered me some money on a friday i said let me try to find some recipets to get me some more money called them back monday decided not to give them recipets took the money and ran i ended up with 6k after i bought the car back for 125 bucks and ive already ordered up all the upgraded parts to fix the damage and have only spent just under 1k here are some befor and after

Thats a pure lie, show us some receipts or documents showing us you got 6k for that. Impossible.

The bluebook isnt even near 6k
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #114
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
I found it funny my 90k S14 would only return me ~2,200 if totaled. My 120k mint 2000 civic would return me ~3,500 if totaled/stolen. Where is this $5500 for an S13 comming from? I have found No insurance company that will pay me above blue book value for my cars. My insurance company is USAA from texas, I've also contacted Progressive and state farm.

They will pay no more than 10% past bluebook private party value. If I still owe more than 10% past, and the car is stolen/totaled, I will owe the insurance company the remaining amount.

Ive asked about "market" value, and nobody has heard of such non-sense.
You need to research it some more....Bluebook on my 1973 Datsun 510 is probably less than $300. Do you think I would accept $330 for it...HELL NO.

There is such thing as "fair market value." It's the price that someone is willing to pay for your car that is similar in condition. It's a comparative value within a certain distance from your location.

For example, if you put on new rims and tires worth $3000, the value of your car doesn't go up $3000. You need to take into consideration usage and the depreciated value of it. The insurance company would probably tell you to keep the rims instead.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #115
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
if not in your plan, does insurance cover parts you add on?

ex: coilovers, flywheel, clutch etc.

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #116
donabeast

donabeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
Thats a pure lie, show us some receipts or documents showing us you got 6k for that. Impossible.

The bluebook isnt even near 6k
WELL SIR, you can go eff yourself for calling me a liar. the only thing in writing i had was the check and that has already been put in the bank but i realy dont care if you believe me or not because it has no efect on me OR all the extra money i have from it
donabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #117
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
You need to research it some more....Bluebook on my 1973 Datsun 510 is probably less than $300. Do you think I would accept $330 for it...HELL NO.

There is such thing as "fair market value." It's the price that someone is willing to pay for your car that is similar in condition. It's a comparative value within a certain distance from your location.

For example, if you put on new rims and tires worth $3000, the value of your car doesn't go up $3000. You need to take into consideration usage and the depreciated value of it. The insurance company would probably tell you to keep the rims instead.
This is almost entirely accurate ~ it varies policy by policy, but most carriers will cover aftermarket parts that are bolted to the car or locked inside the car. This covers suspension, body mods, labor, and stereos/etc.

My S14 was recently in an accident, and without going into too much detail, they paid my entire 'declared value' for the car that I gave when I started the policy. There was no additional premium (my rates were the same as a stock 240), but when it came to claim time, I ponied up with receipts that totaled more than my declared value and they paid out.

If my wheels were damaged, they would have paid for those too unless it was above my declared value, in which case I'd keep them anyway since I bought it back from them (it was towed home after the accident and never left my garage).

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #118
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

HahA

I hardly visit this site unless somebdy replies to this post i subscribed to... For all of those that benefited from the info i posted- your welcome...

For those that dont get it or think they know the industry you guys are idiots
Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #119
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by donabeast View Post
Please use some of that money to go to school and learn how to PUNCTUATE what you write.

Thank you.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #120
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboiblaze View Post
what about accidents involving animals, such as deer. i understand the whole 'if you see an animal dont swerve, just hit it.' but what if you DO swerve thus going off the road resulting in damages
if you swerve and crash- your at fault for losing control of your vehicle