Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
cleric187

Trader Rating: (0)
cleric187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jake Sampa

I recently put up a post/ topic in the "want to buy" thread looking for an AEM EMS and aftermarket intake manifold for the 2jzgte. The next day later I get a text from this guy name Jake Sampa. He says he has a Drift motion intake manifold and Aem ems for the 2jzgte and he's selling because he's going Motec and going with the Titan Motorsport intake manifold.*

He says for 1,000 shipped I can have both parts as long as I pay the paypal fees. He sent me an email of the pictures of the intake manifold but no AEM EMS. I asked him for more pictures, but then he didn't text me back for 2 days. I emailed him asking him what has happened and he emailed me back saying that he dropped his new turbo on his phone. Then a day later I get this random text and it was from him...saying sorry for the delay etc etc.*

He then emails me pictures that night of injectors, hks cams , hks gears , turbo , full race top mount and his engine bay but no AEM EMS. He said over text that if you want I can include all this for a fair price also. I was kinda stupid and went for it and told him okay I'll buy them extra parts also.*

The guy seem soo legit to me. He knew what he was talking about and that he got his engine built by WIDE Open Throttle motorsports. Sent me legit pictures. ..etc Stupid me. I sent him money ..and it was a lot of it He said he would ship the parts July 1st and then that day I texted him for the tracking number. He texted me back saying that he will give it to me at 4 pm. 4 pm rolls around and I texted him. He then says its in his car and he will give it to me after work. Then I sent him another text and since July 1st around 7:00 ish pm he hasn't texted me back or responded to his emails. I don't know what to do ?*

Does anybody know Jake Sampa or bought parts from him.*

Jake Sampa*
Houston Texas*
Supposedly owns a 900 whp supra built by Wide Open Throttle Motorsports*
Cell Number:*+1 (480) 744-8454
Email : [email protected]

Any help would be great. I'm going to see if I get any parts this up coming week. Just thinking if he got into an accident maybe ? or I just got up straight up scammed.*

Thanks.*
cleric187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Nkelley
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
Nkelley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I hope you paid him with PayPal, if so file a claim. PayPal will contact him and if they fail to get a reply or tracking number you will be able to get a refund. If not your bank may be able to refund your money if they have the option of some kind of scam protection.
Nkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
cleric187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkelley View Post
I hope you paid him with PayPal, if so file a claim. PayPal will contact him and if they fail to get a reply or tracking number you will be able to get a refund. If not your bank may be able to refund your money if they have the option of some kind of scam protection.
Thanks for the help but i dont think Paypal can help as he said I had to take care of the paypal fees and I did, and now i can't get any refund or dispute. Is there any other way of paying fees besides clicking "sending money to friends or family?"
Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
When you just send money it automatically takes the fees out of what you send. So you just add the 4% on top of what your sending and the fees are taken care of.
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
cleric187

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideslidegnarslide View Post
When you just send money it automatically takes the fees out of what you send. So you just add the 4% on top of what your sending and the fees are taken care of.
Thanks I wish i new i am still new at this Paypal thing. I have no idea what to do now ..i wish someone on this forum knows this guy or has dealt with him. He seemed legit...
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Get on 2j / supra forums. If he had a 900hp supra some on those forums will know him
Old 07-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
a friend of mine is friends with ryan woon from wotm. ill see if i can find something out about this jake dude.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
cleric187

Never thought of slideslidegnarslide! Thanks! I visit that forum alot hahha, didn't even come to mine.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
cleric187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima View Post
a friend of mine is friends with ryan woon from wotm. ill see if i can find something out about this jake dude.
Will you do that? Thanks alot and appreciate the help. I've spend alot of money on this guy and want to know what is up.

If you can get back to me, that would be awesome Just message me
Old 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
as long as you didn't send it as a gift you can get you're money back
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
cleric187

That's the problem I gifted. I didn't know about the 4% thing til today. Still knew to Paypal
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #12
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleric187 View Post
Will you do that? Thanks alot and appreciate the help. I've spend alot of money on this guy and want to know what is up.

If you can get back to me, that would be awesome Just message me
yeah ill see what i can do. i cant promise anything, but i can send a few messages and at least see if they know or heard of the guy

Last edited by AsleepAltima; 07-08-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleric187 View Post
That's the problem I gifted. I didn't know about the 4% thing til today. Still knew to Paypal
Out of luck. Paypal won't do squat for you since you 'gifted' it.

Gifts = no fees = no PayPal protection.

The fees are there to protect buyer/seller.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #14
cleric187

Quote:
yeah ill see what i can do. i cant promise anything, but i can send a few messages and at least see if they know or heard of the guy
Yeah! Appreciated it ! Any kind of information will be helpful . I'll post up some pictures of what he sent me, maybe someone will recognize it.

Figured I'd be screw about getting my money back I wish there were better people out there in this world. Have to steal from someone
Old 07-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

unfortunately bro, my friend said he hasnt heard of that guy and that basically, WOTM isnt even doing anything lately. :/
Old 07-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
cleric187

Quote:
unfortunately bro, my friend said he hasnt heard of that guy and that basically, WOTM isnt even doing anything lately. :/
Thanks for the effort $2500 just gone down the drain I guess I'll have to take my losses like a man ! Thanks everybody for the help. Lesson learned for me..
Old 07-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

id still try and see if i could find him, if it was me. i know youre in canada, but jake sampa seems like a name you should be able to find.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

i just noticed something... hes out of texas, he says, but his phone number is a 480 number. thats mesa, arizona where i used to live... might want to make a call to the police in arizona.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
cleric187

Quote:
id still try and see if i could find him, if it was me. i know youre in canada, but jake sampa seems like a name you should be able to find.
I tried to but nothing at all mang! I am so shocked he would honestly do this because in my opinion, he was the most legit guy ever! This is the 3rd time this happen to me on Zilvia.net. Going to be hard to trust people now these days. I even asked him multiple time "Are you here to scam me or screw me over!! I will not be "effed" over! Then he told me stories of him getting scammed over 3,000 in work wheels etc etc

here is some pictures he sent me. They all look legit cell phone pics except the cam shafts one

His engine bay he said that was his, look legit

The Drift motion intake, Precision 7175 and dual by pass valves i was going to buy off him also, looks legit right

HKS Cam gears,

Full Race twin Scroll manifold

Last but not least, HKS CAMshafts, the picture doesn't look right, looks very off, this scared me but i had already sent him money

Let me know what you think .
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #20
cleric187

I'd honestly give someone like 300 bucks or something if they can find this F***** and get my money back..
Old 07-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Hire a P.I. $2500 isn't something I'd just let go...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #22
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
He's not registered on Zilvia? Have an address or anything?

I never put my number or email in threads because of stuff like this. Just don't buy from random people that don't have some sort of legit feedback. Use a credit card whenever possible and NEVER paypal as a "gift".
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
If you would have sent him payment the standard way (with fees) he probably would have shipped you the items. But since he talked you into the gifting method of payment, its basically free money. That is why its extremely important never to gift a payment unless its someone you absolutely trust.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/announcements.html
Old 07-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #24
cleric187

I got my money back!! whooo!! thanks guys. I called paypal and explained some things to them and they said if he didnt reply within 7 days they would fully refunded me. 7 days passed by and paypal instantly refunded me. After that i kept getting block calls for a couple days straight and im pretty sure it was the guy that tried to scammed me. Anyways, thanks for the help and support guys. Everything is back to normal now.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #25
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
^wtf... surprised you got your money back.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #26
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah man you got crazy lucky
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 AM   #27
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Good shit man!