Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Kaomon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (77)
Kaomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
aligoodn = THUMBS UP!!

***CAUTION!!!- MY REVIEW IS VERY LENGTHY, READ IF YOU WANT!!!***

SUMMARY: aligoodn is a rad guy, don't hesitate to do business with him!!

Want to know why? Then prepare to READ!!!

Okay so I normally don't ever do this, typically if a transaction goes smoothly, I as a buyer just leave a positive feedback, and occasionally bump their threads. But for this transaction, I feel that I must share this to the community to shed some light, not a negative one which basically composes majority of this sub-thread, but a positive one for a change. The positive light goes to one of the most honest and generous seller that I have EVER dealt with, hands down on zilvia. The member that deserves the praise goes to aligoodn, first name Nate.

Nate is a standup guy, no doubt about that. Story is I bought a front set of Peak Performance 5-Lug Conversion Hubs for the S-13 Chassis. Since the history of the hubs was kinda sketchy to begin with since he bought it from another member here and all information was essentially hearsay, he offered me a great deal for them, which I really couldn't refuse. However upon receiving the hubs, I've found that the studs (S14 front studs) that came with the hubs (which were not installed) did not fit. It turns out that the hubs itself must have had some aftermarket extended studs, making the knurl size of the hub too big for the S14 front studs. So, no problem; I took a quick trip to my local auto part store where I use to work, and I went through all the Dorman stud draws and tried to find a stud, still retaining the Nissan thread pitch (M12x 1.25), but to my displeasure, I couldn't find any of the size that would fit snug. Alright at this point, I was kinda disappointed with the somewhat of a headache, since I really didn't want to tack weld the studs onto the hub (reason being, sure it's really not a big deal to so, however say what happens when you snap a stud at the track? Taking the old stud is the easy part- just take a sledge hammer if needed since who's really gonna have a grinder readily available at the track? But the big issue is again, who's gonna have a welder at the track so I can tack weld another stud onto the hub? Not me, and I'm pretty sure along side with a good portion of grassroots drifters out there). So I got in touch in Nate, telling him that I received the hubs, and I gave me a rundown of what was happening; not wanting or indicating a refund or anything in that manner, just telling him that I can probably, hopefully can get a hold of a stud with the right knurl size and still retain the original stud pitch, and basically it is what it is. So accordingly, he replied and he offered me to refund me for the hubs, and I agreed and told him that I'll gladly pay for shipping to send the hubs back to him no questions about it. However, the next reply was quite surprising and honestly very generous, especially from the 240sx community where there is a negative stigma of all 240sx owners being extreme "lowballers, cheap, shady, and etc." He indicated that I did not have to worry about shipping the hubs back, and that he'd still refund me everything because as quoted by him:

"The way I look at it, I advertised the hubs falsely based on what I had been told and I didn't verify it myself, so I can't reasonably expect to take your money for something that didn't worked as advertised. It'll probably cost what you would have paid me for them over again to get the studs sorted out when they should have just worked.

It's how I'd expect any other seller to handle the same situation if I was the buyer."

With that response, I was honestly quite shocked! I have yet to deal with anyone this honest and let alone this generous, which I myself have done dozens of transaction through Zilvia, and not one anyone of those sellers were ever accountable and ever owned up to their mistakes. And quite honestly, the issue with the hubs were quite minor compared to previous problems I've had in the past with other members, and honestly speaking minor in general. So to see this written on my computer screen was.....speechless- I thought it was too good to be true, but Nate was adamant about and he went above and beyond to make things right, but again it was not necessary to do so.

So it goes to show that there are still some rad dudes out there on Zilvia who are ACCOUNTABLE and are willing to help and contribute to the community, rather than having a skewed mentality of making a "fast buck". I again, like to shout out to Nate a BIG THANKS for your understanding and generosity!
Kaomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links