Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
yeknom919

Trader Rating: (0)
yeknom919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question VK56DE Swap Help

so ive done easy swaps before, usually with honda motors(b18, k20 swaps), but ive never done anything to this scale and i lack the knowledge
if anyone can give me the information on how i'd go about putting a VK56DE(nissan titan 5.6L) into my 1994 240sx, id REALLY appreciate it!

somethin like this(except 240 version of course)

Ryan Kado VK56DE Powered 350Z Dyno #1 - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">Ryan Kado VK56DE Powered 350Z Dyno #1 - YouTube&fs=1" />Ryan Kado VK56DE Powered 350Z Dyno #1 - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryan Kado VK56DE Powered 350Z Dyno #1 - YouTube
yeknom919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Be the first to do a wiring write up! Get both wiring diagrams and figure it out!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
shift_down
Zilvia Junkie

shift_down is an unknown quantity at this point
oh god, this is going to be sick. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING and report it here. Cant wait to see this.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
yeknom919

yeahthe wirings gonna be a pain in the ass for sure -__-
ha i know!! it'll definitely be a monster!
i just gotta figure out exactly what i need to get to make this priject do-able
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Be ready to drop big $$ it will not be cheap
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
dbenavides
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
dbenavides is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
go on V8nissans.com and they should be able to help you out. I just finished my VH45DE swap with their help. Their is a few guys on there that are or have done VK56DE swaps.
dbenavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
yeknom919

thanks for the information. yeah that website seems to have alot of information. well, it may cost alot, but it will be well worth it i think. huge amounts of power in a fairly light-wieght car!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
yeknom919

so ive got my shell, and the VK56DE. after searching and searching for mounts built especially for this swap but could find none, i might have to custom make my own which will take alot of time im still on the lookout for a 6 speed tranny that'll work. now i just gotta get a starter, alternator, and ecu. it also looks like im going to need to find, or modify, my oil can. its to big for the engine bay! definitely alot of work but i planned on it anyway.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #9
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeknom919, if you can get ahold of the VK56 engine I can try to help. I've done plenty of SR, RB and honda wiring, and have an S13 wiring diagram here if you want me to go over it for ya.

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 11-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: used wrong chassis code
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
dbenavides
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
dbenavides is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeknom919 View Post
so ive got my shell, and the VK56DE. after searching and searching for mounts built especially for this swap but could find none, i might have to custom make my own which will take alot of time im still on the lookout for a 6 speed tranny that'll work. now i just gotta get a starter, alternator, and ecu. it also looks like im going to need to find, or modify, my oil can. its to big for the engine bay! definitely alot of work but i planned on it anyway.
You will need to use a 350Z transmission if you want a 6 speed. There is a guy on ebay that makes the transmission adapter plate. The plate works for both the Z32 trans and the Z33 trans. I wish I could help you with the motor mounts. I know excessive manufacturing & Mazworks makes them for the VH45 swap.
dbenavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
andrew600
ill tongue punch her fart box

Trader Rating: (12)
andrew600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you need to immediatly start looking into NATS and aftermarket ecus for this.

when i did my swap i was able to keep the factory ecu. but wiring around nats is a pain in the ass, you do not have the connections needed to use nats properly and the motor will likely always stay in limp mode, or not start at all.
be weary as well, most all had chipped keys and the memory for the are stored in the bcm and not in the ecu. but if you go stand alone ecu a lot of this should be a non issue. but i kept all this shit and it was horrible.

shoot uprev an a phone call about what you have. when i did my swap they couldnt delete nats yet but im sure you can now.
andrew600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
yeknom919

thanks everyone for the help. i'll definitely have to look into a 350z tranny. unfortunately that'll have to wait until i get the money haha. as for ecu problems, i plan on getting a stand-alone AEM system so i dont think i have to worry about that. it should be on my doorstep within the next week or so.
@onehundredoctane thanks for the assistance, yeah once ive got all the engine components i'll definitely talk to you about wiring everything together.

ahhh cant wait until this build is done. i'll definitely have the meanest machine that anyone in this city has EVER seen haha. gonna go through tires like crazy. sooo many rpm's ha