Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Eastern States

North Eastern States Connecticut, Maine, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
Thumbs up sun,warm weather, happy times

yesterday,I like most of us here in New England got a great taste of spring . I mean damn it was beautiful. Sunny, sixty degrees, and SHORTS! in march no less.

But there was something more in the air. Now wether or not it was the smell of old gas and grease while I was working on my car I'm not to sure. It was refreshing seeing (and smelling for that matter) that winter is nearing it's end.
comming to the realization that baseball is just a month away was icing on the cake. Back on topic. During my time at the shop cleaning the car and doing some minor work I started to remember meets and fun times over past summers. Finishing my sr swap early 06', roadtrips all over the east coast (well as far south as VA.)in the s14.

sure the car had 07' off ,but it is to be back this year, and thats refreshing.

how about you guys? any conclusions on the good weather that we had and weather to come? progress on your cars? Or just plain happy to see the season start to change?
let me know.

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

Naughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enough
^ haha you said it baseball in a month and I got april tickets lol

Hell ya ive also been spending the last couple days working on my car. For me it was the sound of the compressor that got me that feeling. I dont think I dropped one F bomb it was a pleasure to get out there. I was driving Full size chevys the last 4 summers It gonna be good to get in car again and have some nice summer rides.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
living in southern cali where you never park your car for the winter.......... priceless!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty240 View Post
^ haha you said it baseball in a month and I got april tickets lol

my sister and I have redsox opening day tickets WOOT WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
living in southern cali where you never park your car for the winter.......... priceless!
your an ass alex lol

Old 03-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
2fast240
Zilvia Member

2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute
You mass guys got that, up here in maine it was still winter.
2fast240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Jspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jspec603
It was very nice here as well the other day. We left the doors to the shop wide open all morning! Letting in that refreshing 60*! LOL I can't wait!!! My vert will be out and about this summer, so I am really looking forward to alot of meets and drives!
Jspec603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

anyone else feel good about summer comming?

Old 03-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

Naughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enough
Whats everyone up to tonight? Do you guys hit the bar on fridays? I can taste the budlight from here lol.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

Jspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud of
I'm off to get Thai food in about 15mins! So freakin goooooood!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #10
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

hey guys. who might want to get together friday night for sushi , or korean bbq in boston?

Old 03-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

^ nasty nasty nasty haha whats a korean bbq?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #12
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

^nasty to sushi? you ever try it? sooooo good.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

haha i spit out a california roll. I like Japanesse steak houses with the shows but its gotta be steak and shrimp.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

korean bbq is to die for. spicy pork and beef with different veggies so damn good.

but like good car parts, you gotta pay to play.

my brother and I plus 3 of our friends at the apollo in bostn rang out at just under 180. but then again we orderd A LOT of food.

sushi is amazing too......

edit:
Quote:
haha i spit out a california roll. I like Japanesse steak houses with the shows but its gotta be steak and shrimp.
thats sad...... try sea urchin

anywhoo... who might be up for meeting at the appollo friday or saturday?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericStephenc View Post
anyone else feel good about summer comming?
no. you know how much rot i have to deal with on both my nissan products?

and i still need to do a shit ton to the s13 to even make it remotely DDable.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #16
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

Come on you know you love the rot. I miss my rot.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericStephenc View Post

thats sad...... try sea urchin

I can honestly say I have tried it....and I wanted to vomit. Not my cup of tea. Other things I do like tho.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #18
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

jspec you got mail. I have a VQ question for ya
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #19
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
hey jspec, i think you might know my roomate mark, everyone calls him kaje....
Old 03-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #20
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

Ya I know Mark, really nice guy! Tell him I said hello, Tom from Ballistic.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #21
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

Quote:
jspec you got mail. I have a VQ question for ya

Replied, good luck if you do it!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #22
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

so today I get to take an rx7 (NA) and to a turbo swap.

fun day

Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #23
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
loving the warm weather, on friday it was 55 here allll day, no wind or anything just perfect spring weather. couple more days like that and all this snow will hopefully be gone!
but ya anyways...
anyone know where else i can get an sr20det(blacktop) motorset around here??? only person i know is russ at jnrmotorsports trying to see some prices and anyone who installs them? cuz i dont think im going to be able to haha.
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

1ST DAY OF SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its here its here

Well at least in RI it is. Do you poor bastards in NH still got snow?
Old 03-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #25
ByeByeSti

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
theres still like a foot left in my front yard
Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #26
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Talking another nice day to work on the car

ok so AWESOME day tuesday.

I went down to the shop to do some work and much to my suprise.....I got a whole lot done.

motor mounts are in.(didnt even need a hoist )
the front mount is fully mocked up.
exhaust is hung, and the down pipe is going in as soon as the turbo setup is tightened down.
oil lines........PITA

so that leaves finding either a small battery to fit next to the cold pipe, or a battery relocation kit. suggestions?
I also have to flush the oil and seafoam the engine.

happy times are to follow

p.s here are some pics from last week doing the turbo swap on my buddies fc

na f/c hella clean....before it was on jacks

new motor

discussing why the rotary IS a grenade waiting to explode

me trying to make way

matt forgot to remove the shifter. needles to say this part was a PITA

GONE!

and i dont know why this picture of me was taken but who cares

Last edited by MavericStephenc; 03-22-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #27
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
yea i agree tuesday was a good day.

cuts all over my hands prove it.... future reference, do turbo lines before engine swap.

oh yea and steve i guess you door lock being back in wasn't important to you at all, i see that my services aren't appreciated....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #28
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

Thumbs up

and i dont know why this picture of me was taken but who cares
[/QUOTE]

The removal of the rubber glove is a symbol of a job well done and is always followed by a beer.lol. Damn that engine bay is pretty clean looks like a clean ass car too. I have always had a secret crush on that generation RX7
Old 03-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #29
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

well I hope to head back up to matts house soon to follow up with the install of the kaaz 2 way and the turbo motor. (pics mabye?)

yes it ( a job well done) is always followed by a beer. it would have to be a good beer though. sam adams, guinness ,or a killians.

edit: it is a clean car, but the engine bay was not as clean as it may look. I suggested we get a pressure washer and some orange clean to de-grease the bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstyle1 View Post
yea i agree tuesday was a good day.

cuts all over my hands prove it.... future reference, do turbo lines before engine swap.

oh yea and steve i guess you door lock being back in wasn't important to you at all, i see that my services aren't appreciated....
huter the services are appreciated. my hands (if you cant see in the pic) are to damn big though

Old 03-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #30
ByeByeSti

so many god damn pullys on that engine