Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installing Tomei LSD 101

95 240sx se 154k miles.
1st. Jack the car up.. My car was too low to go over the lift so I had to place a 2x4, and then use the lift.

Well..this is where it really begins.
1. Drain fluid, drain all then replace drain plug.

2. Unbolt drive shaft. Then unbolt output shafts.

3. Unbolt front 2 lower 17mm bolts, rear 19mm bolts, and ground wire. then remove carrier. Oh yeah.. I unbolted the sway bar brackets and one endlink to get it out of the way. i used a transmission jack to hold the diff in place.

4. Remove carrier, place on the ground..or in a bucket and unbolt the diff cover..I stole the bucket Idea from someone..but I can't remember who he is..sorry guy.

5. Remove the 17mm bolts holding the bearings in place, be SURE to take note of where your SHIMS go.. I F'd up on this..and was pondring for an how why the FAWK would the pinion gear not be solid with the ring gear.. then it came to me that I f'd up on shims placement. Luckilly, I didn't install it..and figure it out the hard way. It's difficult to remove, so you should pry it out. Don't worry, you wont break it with force. So remove diff.

The output shafts will just pop out with a soft to medium tap with a mallet.
6. Tomei doesn't come with pressed bearings.. So if you have access to a press.. then place bearing on tomei unit, put a flat piece of metal on it, and press press press.. do this to both sides.

7. now go do the opposite ove 1-5.

8. Pour in oil, drive in a figure 8 for 30 min. All that clunkin papapapapakkakaakakratataktaka is just the clutch plates engaging.

forgot t omention somehwere up there..before Installign the diff onto the car, make sure you remove the seals that go on the side of the diff/carrier, and reinstalling the new ones by placing the old ones on the new ones and tapping it in with a hammer. TO remove the seals, use a screw driver and pry it out. Careful not to marr the area where the seal sits, and inside of the seal wher ethe output shafts go on.

Too tired and it got too late for us to change the oil, so I'll do it tomorrow if I'm not tired.

hope you guys liked.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links