Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
www.wheelspacers.com

i just inquired about a set of 15 and 30mm bolt on spacers from them. and was wondering if anyones ever had any experience with their company and quality?

i figured if they make spacers for duallys and huge trucks they would work fine.

thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
charmersfh
Zilvia Member

charmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura about
go with project kics 15mm bolt ons and their 30mm bolt ons..
charmersfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
that was my original plan, but everywhere ive checked has those sizes on backorder forever
Old 07-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I can make you some on a 3 day ish turnaround, plus 2-3 priority mail shipping. They wont be junk junk universal, i can have them hubcentric, if you know the ID of the wheel center bore. Get at me.

John
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
I donno much about the company, but I talked to them once and the guy made some seriously straight up racist comments about asian/chinese people...i just hung up the phone and never called him back

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
I can make you some on a 3 day ish turnaround, plus 2-3 priority mail shipping. They wont be junk junk universal, i can have them hubcentric, if you know the ID of the wheel center bore. Get at me.

John
this is the guy I'm hitting up once I do my 5 lug conversion if I need "nice" spacers fo sho. I got some junker 4 lug spacers to get me by for now.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
The Island
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
The Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212 View Post
I donno much about the company, but I talked to them once and the guy made some seriously straight up racist comments about asian/chinese people...i just hung up the phone and never called him back
what he say exactly?
The Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
charmersfh
Zilvia Member

charmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura about
dont go cheap, I've had cheap spacers before and they seem not to hold up as well. I would alway have to retighten and check my lugs after a hard run.

with the kics I have had NO PROBLEMS AS OF YET. Do you have to go 30mms? what kind of rims do you have? maybe look into better offsets? I have 15mm Kics in front with 25mms ichibas and they work great..as of now..
charmersfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
yeah, contact azndoc, he's an ichiba dealer

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

thanks for the replys.

thats fucked up about those racist comments.

i would get new wheels but i dont feel like dropping 1600 for 2 new rear wheels. plus, they took a loooong time to get. the reason im spacing is becuase im going to use chargespeed 50mm rear overs and when i bought the wheels i planned on staying stock body. the wheels are 18x10+26 so hopefully they look nice with some positive camber and that 30mm spacer.

but i did search around for more reviews on wheelspacers.com and they seem to work pretty well.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 AM   #11
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
i never heard racist remarks from the guy - but he did make me some wheelspacers and they were good. Expensive tho. If i had it over to do i wouldnt get em there.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #12
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
lets just say he had some things to say about our Asian friends across the ocean...he was pretty proud of the fact that his spacers are made in USA

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 07-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
lets just say he had some things to say about our Asian friends across the ocean...he was pretty proud of the fact that his spacers are made in USA
bullshit.

i know fred goeske PERSONALLY, and became friends with him after he fab'ed up a set of spacers for my old wheels about 5 years ago. he is also friends with a guy i met at his shop named taka, who is japanese - and also became my friend.

fred is in no way racist, and thats a bunch of bullshit. opinionated? yes. and i am guilty of the same. proud of the fact that his parts are made here in the US, and have strict quality control unlike the majority of shit being made overseas? YES.

but please dont smear bullshit and say that fred is racist.

anyway - the quality of his goods are top notch, no doubt. i wouldnt hesitate, if you need wheel spacers - his shop is #1 in my book. owned and operated by a really stand up guy.

mike / clearcorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
i didnt think he seemed that way either - he next day aired my spacers for free btw.

hes a bit hard to understand if ur from northeast.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #15
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yah man Fred is a good guy... definitely not racist and his product quality is top notch. This is the only guy I'll buy spacer/adapters from after dealing with him.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #16
HerbReal
Zilvia Junkie

HerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HerbReal
I vouch for fred also, Good guy as long as you know what size spacer you want and he'll answer the phone while taking a dump haha.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #17
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yep that's the only bad thing is he'll actually talk to you on the shitter LOL!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #18
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

thanks for all the help

ive decided im going to go through johngriff for my spacer needs for now. but ill keep that other dude in mind for sure.

thanks!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #19
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
Fred Rules, His Spacers are High Quality Top Notch. Ran a full set on my car for 3 years.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:59 AM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
whoever bumped this, fyi fred is undergoing some pretty serious surgery - lets all wish him well.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #21
ramblux
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
ramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fred is good people. Excentric, but a cool guy. I did a story on him years ago, and his shop is interesting if you ever have the chance to visit.
ramblux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 AM   #22
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
I bought another set of spacers from them a couple days ago. Fred is in the hospital, underwent Open Heart Surgery but is doing ok. Kevin is running things. Wish Fred luck
Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #23
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I had a set of 4-lug 25mm spacers from wheelspacers.com.

Very high quality, much better than the absolute crap available from the Chinese.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #24
ixfxi
Post Whore!

if the chinese make toothpaste with coolant in it, or children toys with lead paint....

then i hope you guys dont mind, but i dont want to risk something as trivial as wheelspacers. the last thing i'de like to have are bubble-gum wheelspacers on my car.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
^^at least they'd taste good

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #26
Ian
Post Whore!

Ok, so just because YOU know him, means what he said to me on the phone definitely never happened? Fuck off.

I know his products are good, I thought he was a fucking unprofessional idiot from how he spoke to me on the phone.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #27
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ok, so just because YOU know him, means what he said to me on the phone definitely never happened? Fuck off.

I know his products are good, I thought he was a fucking unprofessional idiot from how he spoke to me on the phone.
maybe......... you......... just suck?

i dunno. lets just say this, i know fred..... and i dont know you. the chances of you sucking more than fred, are rather high.

i mean, i've asked him for advice with irrational customer of mine once, and his answer was to treat the customer politely. funny, because i told him i wanted to talk shit to my customer and tell him to go "fuck himself" but still, the old man told me to do the right thing and treat them professionally.

its hard for me to imagine treating someone professionally, when they call you a fucking idiot for not offering 10% off a 400 dollar purchase...... ON AN NSX! imagine that, an NSX owner *needing* a discount? anyway.. lets drop it.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

I'm bumping this old thread because Wheel Adapter is still in business and Fred is still alive and well - providing us with a bad assed product.

I went there yesterday to have some spacers machined for this POS Mazda I am finalizing. Car runs 16x8 Enkei RP-F1 (+38) which is the lowest offset they come in (bleh). I wanted a slightly lower offset... you know, in case I decide to wear tight pants and hang out with the HERRA FRUSH fruitcakes, this way we can sit around our cars and talk about how lonely and useless we are.

Anyway, I arrived at Fred's shop (which is STILL hard to find) with the following info written on my Post-It note:
- 4x100 PCD
- Hub Bore Diameter
- Wheel Bore Diameter
- Spacer Diameter

within about 1 hour, I was in and out of the shop. I was able to test-fit a spacer they had on-hand, about 25mm wide. It was too wide. I ended up going with an 18mm spacer which makes the wheel offset +20. 1 hour and a few bucks poorer, but the car is sitting pretty and drives SOLID. Cant complain about a custom machined hub & wheel centric billet spacer.

I said it years ago and I'm saying it again, Fred Goeske @ wheel adapter is #1. Big thanks to Kevin for the machine work. He runs the machines like a mother fucker.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So how much did you pay for the set Mike?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #30
ixfxi
Post Whore!

fred has not changed his prices in over a decade (his words, not mine)

prices range between 40-65/ea depending on options. very reasonably priced, when you see the product in person its worth every penny.

here are a couple pics