Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
thekidinthefd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
thekidinthefd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
17in work vs kf wheel spec chart?

Hi guys, I just recently acquired some vs kfs and are having them redone at vr wheel. I was wondering if anyone had the wheel spec chart? I cant seem to find it. All I have found were ones for 18s, 19s, and 20s. Anyone happen to have one for 17s? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me the chart.

Thanks guys.
-Andrew
thekidinthefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
blacksmith
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
blacksmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
17" VS-KF's are no longer in production. Its bittersweet because you have a rare set of wheels which will bring up the value of your set, but it will be hard to source replacements.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
thekidinthefd
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmith View Post
17" VS-KF's are no longer in production. Its bittersweet because you have a rare set of wheels which will bring up the value of your set, but it will be hard to source replacements.
I see I see. VR is doing an awesome job with the wheels, they are unwelding the welded barrels with their lathe, and studding the back of the face to make these true 3 piece wheels. They also have blank outer lips (no holes) so I have a full selection of sized lips I want! haha

no one has happened to save a pdf of the 17in wheel specs? =[

Thanks for reading everyone.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
---+
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
---+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have you tried calling Work Wheels USA?

Work Wheels :: Company
---+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
contacting Work won't do much. I was wanting to know the available sizes of the 17" VS-XX and i contacted them, and a few major Work Wheel vendors and no on really had the information, or was willing to GIVE out the information. I did find a link showing the sizes of the VS-XX Work VS-XX Wheels from Upgrade Motoring so i'm assuming you can google and find the sizes of the VS-KF

EDIT - HERE http://www.mynismo.com/products/Defa...id=4588&v=more and http://www.rhdjapan.com/work-vs-kf-wheels-53423
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well if you are keeping the barrels and faces the same, then it should just be a matter of chosing which lip size you want. I don't know what a wheel sizing chart is going to tell you>? I would probably do no more than 2.5" if its on metal fenders, but obviously what width tire you want to run is going to have an affect here too.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
thekidinthefd
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
contacting Work won't do much. I was wanting to know the available sizes of the 17" VS-XX and i contacted them, and a few major Work Wheel vendors and no on really had the information, or was willing to GIVE out the information. I did find a link showing the sizes of the VS-XX Work VS-XX Wheels from Upgrade Motoring so i'm assuming you can google and find the sizes of the VS-KF

EDIT - HERE MyNismo.com - WORK VS-KF and Work VS-KF Wheels
DUDE, YOU ARE THE MAN. Thanks so much for your help, the first link is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for the chart for hours last night with no find.

Thanks so much!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
thekidinthefd
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Well if you are keeping the barrels and faces the same, then it should just be a matter of chosing which lip size you want. I don't know what a wheel sizing chart is going to tell you>? I would probably do no more than 2.5" if its on metal fenders, but obviously what width tire you want to run is going to have an affect here too.
yes i agree with what you are saying. I have 17x7 +45 low disk and 17x7.5+37 high disk and i swapped the faced in between the two because i wanted deeper inner barrels in the rear. I am also relipping the rears at the same time. I just want to have all the specs with me because when i had work equips, i had the sizing chart as well. its always good to have.

-Andrew
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidinthefd View Post
DUDE, YOU ARE THE MAN. Thanks so much for your help, the first link is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for the chart for hours last night with no find.

Thanks so much!
Not a problem, Glad i could help.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
damn you turned your KFs into 3 piece!? thats the shit. let us know how much the bill is at the end, if you dont mind?

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
thekidinthefd
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboiblaze View Post
damn you turned your KFs into 3 piece!? thats the shit. let us know how much the bill is at the end, if you dont mind?
Sure, so as everyone knows (or doesnt know) work vs kf wheels are 3 piece welded. This means the inner and outer lips/barrels are welded together and the face is separate, some refer to these wheels as 2 piece wheels for that reason. The reason why the barrels are welded is because the faces are not bolted down where the spokes are on VS KFs like how Work Equips, VS XX, etc are. Not being bolted down through out the rim may lead to leaks between the barrels/lips and possible damage when hitting those harsh roads. What I am having VR do to my wheels are cutting the welds between the barrels/lips with their lathe thus making the rim a true 3 piece rim. To compensate for the parts of the rim with no bolts they are drilling, tapping, and studding the back side of the faces where the spokes are. They are then gonna seal up and assemble the wheel like a normal 3 piece wheel. I am also having them relip the outer lips to 5in. In order to do this they had to have a 5in 39 hole 17in lip made. Because VS KF are 39 hole and not 36 hole like the other 17in works this needs to be done. They charged me (keep in mind I am only having a pair of rims done at the moment cuz im broke. lol) 50 to stud the back of 2 faces, 480 for the lips, and 100 to cut the welded barrels/lips.

I am getting the wheels back within the next couple days and I am quite excited. They will be 17x11+19.

hope this helps.

-Andrew
Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #12
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
damn. i shyed away from buying KFs because i couldnt disassemble them myself to swap out the lips. but the stud & cut job isnt that much at all. i might start buying kfs now.

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
damn 17's in that sizing kinda sucks way to big for s chassis evey if widbody that'd probably hit inner walls in rear, also it takes about 2-3weeks .
Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
thekidinthefd
Zilvia Member

yes maybe for an S chassis.. but i drive an FD with widebody which likes deep inner barrels and can run decent sized lip. =] As far as wait time, they tackled my pair of wheels in about 3-4 days max to do all of that. =]

many people shy away from kfs for this reason. I wanted to give a good description on what has to be done in order to make this a true three piece wheel because through all my searching, no one has ever gave much information on KFs. Hopefully this will help people in the future that will want to relip their VF KFs.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Does anyone know where to get replacement bolts for them? I've googled to try to get the proper sizing and hit up WORK but never got a response. If anyone can point me in the direction to get some, I'd be much appreciated.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote