Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
B.rodriguez

Trader Rating: (0)
B.rodriguez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So is this s14 rb26dett worth it?

Last edited by B.rodriguez; 04-03-2013 at 05:39 PM..
B.rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Its for sale on here to lol...and its worth a pretty penny dunno bout 20gs but its pretty far up there
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You put your fire retardent suit on right?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I dunno bout 20k.... but it is a very clean swapped and done car. I've seen 240's BUILT THE FUCK OUT and clean go for the 15's Dood sold a 96 with a built rb25 pushing low 500's (had up to date dyno sheets) and he was asking 14k.

It's your money at the end of the day...So the question you need to ask yourself is DO YOU think it's worth YOUR 20k?!
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
B.rodriguez

Last edited by B.rodriguez; 04-03-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
With 20k you can build a way better car than that
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
With 20k you can build a way better car than that

Bull shit, no way somethig can be built better for 20k unless its all knock iff and used parts.
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.rodriguez View Post
Well I honestly don't know. That's why I would like your guys' opinions on the car. But you guys think $20 is a bit pricey?
Also I was thinking about asking these questions:
-If car has AWD conversion or only RWD (but since he has the RB25 tranny does that mean RWD?)
-Does the steering wheel's horn work
-How many miles on GTR engine
-What year is the engine (if 91 or older ask about oil pump problem)
-Has the car been tracked before
-Any interior mods like roll cage or anything
-Does car have back seats
-How much HP does the car produce
-Is the car BAR'd*
-Has the ECU been upgraded to handle the cars potential/tuned
-How do I properly maintain the car

I'm pretty sure some of my questions might be answered in his post but I don't know -_-
Also, could you tell me if these questions are stupid to ask or maybe ask him some I didn't think of?

Oh and he was selling it in here?
It seems you're new to 240's/Nissan scene/modified cars in general. I don't think a 15 year old sports car with the capability for 350-400hp is the best option for you.
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Well I honestly don't know. That's why I would like your guys' opinions on the car. But you guys think $20 is a bit pricey?
-If car has AWD conversion or only RWD (but since he has the RB25 tranny does that mean RWD?)
-Is the car BAR'd*

I'm pretty sure some of my questions might be answered in his post but I don't know -_-
Also, could you tell me if these questions are stupid to ask or maybe ask him some I didn't think of?

Oh and he was selling it in here?
This car is over your head.... you shouldn't buy it. you will probably end up destroying it since this is not a beginners car... no offense to you but just being straight up.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
PrimeDirective
Zilvia Member

PrimeDirective is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Seriously.

This guy:
PrimeDirective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Buy my 26 coupe for 15k
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
B.rodriguez

Last edited by B.rodriguez; 04-03-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I personally dont think that car is WORTH $20k at all. It might really have $20k into it, but that doesnt mean thats a fair asking price.

I have seen similar modded cars go in the low-mid teens. $20k for an s-chassis should get you something pretty spectacular, and Im just not seeing that in this vehicle.

I think that list of questions you asked proves that you probably need to start with something different anyways. 400 horsepower in an S-Chassis is absolutely nothing like a stock Z.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
240SXK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Lol at someone spending 20k on a old ass modified car... goodluck, 20k is alot of money but it's all good if your parents are hooking ya up which is probably the case because anyone who has worked hard and knows the value of a dollar would not make such a shitty risky investment.

240s are NOT sportscars.
RBs are not easy to mantain motors, It will break down all the time no matter how much you won't want it to.

and just because the car has an RB in it, it's not worth 20k.. unless that car is D1 spec but that is not.

go buy an evo, spend your money correctly..
quit going, zomg RB26DETT kouki silvia s14 nismo tyte! this thing is literally a GTR.

NO dude... no.
240SXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
B.rodriguez

Last edited by B.rodriguez; 04-03-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
240SXK
Zilvia Member

240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Well of it clarifies I'm a noob for fixing and building cars but not driving. And I know this car is nothing like my Z but I know I can handle. I'm not those stupid teens who end up wrapping their car around a light post. I don't drive like I'm in the fast and the furious but I don't drive like a bitch either. All I wanted to know was if this was a good deal or not. Thanks for the concern but you guys ain't my mother. I don't plan on ending up flipped over or crashed on the side of the freeway pretending I know how to drift exiting on the off ramp
Be smart, alot of us think we can drive but we really can't. that's up to you though, i've seen alot of people die this way and it's really sad at how a little dumb mistake can end lives easily, cars are dangeous, being cool is dangerous, be smart.

like said before, buying a 240 for 3k is fine. buying a 240 for 20k is not. when i went to buy my s14 i wanted this "racecar" supped up kouki with absolutely everything imaginable done to it, and it was only 11k. but this was 4-5 years ago when drift tax wasn't buttraping us that much yet. im glad i didn't get that 400whp, sr'ed caged racecar at age 18, considering the things that happened with my bone stock zenki, and im one of those super responsible people..

instead i bought a base model zenki, learned to drive that car and eventually bought everything i wanted to it. today im only a rollcage away from being at the same level of that kouki i had originally wanted.

if you got the cash, buy a nice car. evo's outhandle and outrun 240s, and are much prettier outside and in, ladies will love it more than our polished up turd forty's
240SXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
PrimeDirective
Zilvia Member

PrimeDirective is an unknown quantity at this point
I could see some one asking 8-9K for a legit clean kouki with a stock KA with 98k miles. This car also probably has +9k in mods and motor not including the wheels. 20k is high. 15k-16k is a more reasonable price.

Also you said you are sick of a 2 seater and you are looking at S14's? Are your friends midgets?
PrimeDirective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
BGeezy

BGeezy is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have never personally owned a rear wheel drive drift car and are about to drop 20 grand on one your first night in the rain with that car you are going to crash it. Just my two cents. Buy a 240 and build it up yourself this way you can learn the car and learn how to work on the car. You could build a beast with 20grand and say you built it yourself...
BGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
BGeezy

BGeezy is an unknown quantity at this point
buy a s2k for 10 grand and then do a ls1 swap in it if you wanna turn heads.
BGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
All I wanted to know was if this was a good deal or not.
It is not a good deal.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #21
kouki_drifter
Zilvia Member

kouki_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
i payed $8,000 for my kouki when i bought it, it came with sr20det blk top s14 swap, full tein suspension, hks bov, greddy fmic. a month after i bought it its spun #3 rod bearing so i decided to rebuild the motor i did a full rebuild including: port polish, a line hone, gasket match, all bearings, all seals, oil pump, cams, crank, eagle rods, wiseco piston heads, greddy oil pan, hks turbo timer, aem ecu v2, aem a/f gauge, tru boost, wide band, full harness motor and tranny and much more to much to list and i have about $25,000 in the car including new wheels and tires and body kit so i would say $20,000 is pretty high for that car, if its just got a rb swap new pistons, rods and oil pump
kouki_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/422012...ett-trade.html

Honestly, $18k isnt exactly crazy for the car. You figured, RB26s still go for $5k, put in the work into rebuilding the engine, figured about $1500-1800 parts and labor. Then you cost in the labor to swap it in and the parts for that, you're looking at easily $5-6k depending on the shop. So just the engine swapped in, you're looking at easily $12k. RB26 isnt one of the cheaper swaps. Looking at his parts list if bough new, upgraded suspension, JDM body parts, electronic parts like PFC/AVCR, gauges, wideband, rims, etc...easily another $6k on those.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Don't forget the CX Racing big ass intercooler
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #24
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
I was searching through Craigslist and came across this Silvia with the swapped engine. I really like the car and I'm interested in it. Can you guys check it out and tell me if it's worth the $20k he's asking for or what you guys would feel is a fair price? Also if everything that is needed to make the swap complete is set? Please don't hate me for wantin to buy someone else's project. I appreciate your guys' help

Nissan 240sx GTR Engine

Honestly if you don't even know what your getting into at that price, you shouldn't be looking in to that car. Not flaming just giving you the best judgement. Plus if something goes wrong with the car, what will you do then? Spend lots of money on diagnosising or taking it to a shady mechanic that will drain you of all money cause your not working on it your self? Go for something stock or with a simple swap with no mods and learn to do it your self from there.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #25
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
deal of the century right there man, what a bargain!

don't listen to these guys, you should totally buy it dude.
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #26
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
This car is over your head.... you shouldn't buy it. you will probably end up destroying it since this is not a beginners car... no offense to you but just being straight up.
Quote:
I know how to handle myself in a car. I just never looked into built ones. My friends would let me drive their souped up STI's, hatchbacks, cobras and shit. I know it sounds like something a kid would say but it's the truth. I just never looked into cars already built or swapped or anything myself do that's why Im asking. I myself drive a STOCK Z but it's still fast but I dont want a 2 seater anymore and I like the s13's s14's and gtr's but the gtr is way out of my price range which is why I was looking into built Silvia's and whatnot
By your second post in this thread it seems like you don't (and I am being as nice as possible!! So, please keep reading!) know how to maintain a VERY modified car. I am not ragging on you for it being powerful because really I can't point fingers as my first car had in the mid 300's and could do more if I turned the turbo up. Just think about this question: Are you experienced/capable in replacing every single part in that car? I bet you that car will need major parts replaced, cleaned, etc, after a while and you will be spending major money to have it fixed if you don't know how.
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #27
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
You opened yourself for the opinions of other. I'll fall back on my statement.... When you look at that car, do you say to yourself "Damn that's 20k worth spending" if you don't, then there's your answer.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #28
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
[QUOTE=B.rodriguez;4795508]Well I honestly don't know. That's why I would like your guys' opinions on the car. But you guys think $20 is a bit pricey?
-Is the car BAR'd*

Dude by these types of questions that you're asking, honestly you need to do more research, waaay more research, you're also saying that you are tired of two seater's lol 240s are like two seateres you can't fit jack shit back there!!! lmao, if your are new to 240's don't buy a heavily modded car, I've said this countless times, these cars create soooo many headaches especially with mods, they are not perfect like Evos, Subarus, etc, I would advice to buy a stock as 240 spend some more time on here, learn about the chassis, engine (swaps) etc, then you can build your dream machine,don't buy it just because having a 240 is the latest hype and gives u mad swagg!!! lmao IMO its not a good buy, cause its gonna cost you more down the road.... Good Luck...
Old 07-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Shit honestly bro this will be to much car for you if you don't have much or any s-chassis knowledge. If you were serious about purchasing im sure you and the seller could negotiate a better price where both of you are content.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Rb's are not easy to maintain. You are in over your head if you buy the car. But if you have the money and the brains to maintain the car under the speed limit - buy it. You will end up with a headache if you have never owned or worked on any s chassis or an rb engine. I ended up with an rb s14 that required a lot of work and i had limited car knowledge when i started - few cylinder gead rebuilds and few engine swaps. I learned along the way but spent more on needles parts and wasted time trying to reinvent the wheel. We have warned you, so if you want buy the car but dont come back blaming any of us when you run into problems. And 20k is quite high not that it didnt cost more to build - offer 15k and see what happens if you still want to fall into this money pit.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote