Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #2131
ineedfire

Trader Rating: (0)
ineedfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'93 180sx
Largest tyre widths I can go front and rear (slight pull on rear) and slammed?
ineedfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #2132
jiggs
Zilvia Junkie

jiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
will a 17x10 zero offset wheel fit on a s13 without hitting the coilovers? i know its gonna poke out but i need to know... thanks in advance.
Quote:
do all work wheels (in my case work mesters s1) always have the word "work" engraved in between the spokes on the face of the wheel?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #2133
deuce40sxftw
BANNED

deuce40sxftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sagat View Post
Is there any aftermarket s13 silvia front bumper that somewhat resembles the jdm aero bumper? I want a subtle look like that.
version select has alot of the kouki spin offs. i think an entire set comes out to around 600$ so prolly 200$ a bumper, check ehm out
deuce40sxftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #2134
deuce40sxftw
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedfire View Post
'93 180sx
9 in the front is what most people run, 9 +15, and then rears like 10/.5 is pushing it but you can do it

remember, you can run pretty much any size (within reasonable limits) by running crazy camber. this gives you "gangster fitment" so do what u want

i have 8 +20 and 9 +15 staggered widths (f/r)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs
will a 17x10 zero offset wheel fit on a s13 without hitting the coilovers? i know its gonna poke out but i need to know... thanks in advance.

no, you have to worry about offset. it has to be pretty damn low, you can always run bolt in spacers

and my works, eurolines, dont have work on the rims... they might be some special edition shit or fakes. but i doubt fakes
Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #2135
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedfire View Post
'93 180sx
for what size and spec wheels?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #2136
Bob_Sagat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
Bob_Sagat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce40sxftw View Post
version select has alot of the kouki spin offs. i think an entire set comes out to around 600$ so prolly 200$ a bumper, check ehm out
I should have been more clear, I meant the silvia aero bumper, not the 180sx kouki/type x bumper.
Bob_Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #2137
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sagat View Post
I should have been more clear, I meant the silvia aero bumper, not the 180sx kouki/type x bumper.
have you tried googling s13 silvia replica bumper?
not making fun of you, thats seriously how I find most of the items I am shopping for, then when the results come up, select the shopping tab on the top and it will sort out in order by price and lacation, and it will show only the true for sale items.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #2138
CaptCorey

CaptCorey is an unknown quantity at this point
my battery just exploded in my s14 and melted.....incinerated my fuse box are the s13 fuse boxes the same or am i going to have to look for an s14 part out?
CaptCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #2139
namawon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
90' 240sx hatch. (all stock car) Im looking into buying 16x8 wheels with a zero offset. What modifications would i have to do to my car? Would the zero offset be too much, and hit the coilovers n such?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #2140
driftingmustang

driftingmustang is an unknown quantity at this point
lol< i didnt see this thread, where's a good spot to put a members/build journal?
driftingmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #2141
ineedfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
for what size and spec wheels?
Looking at RPF1's 17x9 +22 up front and 17x10 +18 out back.. If they'll fit without much modding needed. Want to have nice flush fitment.
Anyone have ideas for tyre size for this setup as well?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #2142
Miami240sx

Miami240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys im looking in making a custom dash for my s14 and i want the koignition carbon fiber dash piece but he hasnt pmed be back and i was wondering if you know where i can order it or any advice on the custom dash set up i want a speedo tach temp and fuel gauge ... plz pm me with the answer
Miami240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #2143
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingmustang View Post
lol< i didnt see this thread, where's a good spot to put a members/build journal?
usually when I dont know where to post a thread, I search for another one similar to what I want to post, I make sure it's not locked and I post int he same section..
I would think
general chat would be the right spot though
Old 07-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #2144
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
you know the dent you get when you roll/pull to much on the rear quarter panel? how the F do you get them out ? I know someone knows what I am talking about I have seen other s13's with them its from pulling much and its the same dent in the same spot on both right and left side of the car
Old 07-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #2145
gorillas13
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (1)
gorillas13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HKS Twin Plate Clutch

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what throwout bearing to use with the HKS twin plate clutch. I've emailed HKS and called numerous shops that used to carry this clutch(It's now discontinued except for rebuild parts which don't come with a throwout bearing).
gorillas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #2146
deuce40sxftw
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
you know the dent you get when you roll/pull to much on the rear quarter panel? how the F do you get them out ? I know someone knows what I am talking about I have seen other s13's with them its from pulling much and its the same dent in the same spot on both right and left side of the car
most people usually just bondo it, but if thats not an option lightly pound it in with a metal hammer, and the hold the back so you can form the crease where the pull is... if you know what i mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingmustang View Post
blogspot? any blog website, zilvia admins are bitches when it comes to build threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
have you tried googling s13 silvia replica bumper?
not making fun of you, thats seriously how I find most of the items I am shopping for, then when the results come up, select the shopping tab on the top and it will sort out in order by price and lacation, and it will show only the true for sale items.
yeah, thats how i found mine too
Old 07-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #2147
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillas13 View Post
I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what throwout bearing to use with the HKS twin plate clutch. I've emailed HKS and called numerous shops that used to carry this clutch(It's now discontinued except for rebuild parts which don't come with a throwout bearing).
i had the same issue when i bougth my blitz twin plate, i had to find a website that had the parts catalog with the part numbers for each clutch and individual part then i found the part # for the bearing for my clutch and corssreferenced it with nissan , usually they are bearings already used on other nissan cars, for example the one for the blitz twin plate for an s14 is the same bearing used in the stock. 350z
Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #2148
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce40sxftw View Post
most people usually just bondo it, but if thats not an option lightly pound it in with a metal hammer, and the hold the back so you can form the crease where the pull is... if you know what i mean

anyone else have any input on this?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #2149
Trigs

Trigs is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone know were to get a replica instant gentelmens
front bumper????
Trigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #2150
Bob_Sagat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
Bob_Sagat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
^ I think chaser aero just started selling them.......aerokits.net I think? They're a vendor on here.
Bob_Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #2151
dizguy

Trader Rating: (5)
dizguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dizguy
Quote:
WIthout damaging the paint use a football, wedge it in there and inflate it slowly till the dent pops out.
dizguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #2152
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCorey View Post
my battery just exploded in my s14 and melted.....incinerated my fuse box are the s13 fuse boxes the same or am i going to have to look for an s14 part out?
no they aren't the same. if your good at wiring, you can probably get it to work... but its easier if you just find an s14. hows the wiring harness?
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #2153
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
remove everything you need to get to the "backside of the quarter panel.

take an deflated baskteball, and put it where the dent is. pump up the basketball. you might have to work with it a bit, but it should create enough pressure to pop the dent. good luck.

totally didnt realize someone posted the same idea with a football. my bad.

Last edited by heavenboundkevin; 07-09-2010 at 11:35 AM..
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #2154
ineedfire

What offset can I go safely without touching suspension etc on enkei rpf1 17x9 and 17x10?
Looking at +35 f and +38 b. Will this fit with/without spacers?

Also let me know if these have a really bad shape (concave/convex etc.)
I've googled heaps but can't really get a good grasp on them.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #2155
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizguy View Post
WIthout damaging the paint use a football, wedge it in there and inflate it slowly till the dent pops out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenboundkevin View Post
remove everything you need to get to the "backside of the quarter panel.

take an deflated baskteball, and put it where the dent is. pump up the basketball. you might have to work with it a bit, but it should create enough pressure to pop the dent. good luck.

good idea guys Have you done this and does it actually work ?? because I can get a suction cup on it and it will pull it out but when I release in snaps right back in. I think the pull might have weakened the metal so even if I do get it out it will just go right back from the slightest touch I need someone to chime in who know exactly what I am talking about because I know alot of others have gotten this exact same dent. Pick a random page on the wheel fitment whore thread and your likely to see one I can post pics of it if necessary I JUST WANT IT GONE! haha it hurts to look at

and thanks for the input guys appreciate I will try your methods also
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #2156
DDB240sx

DDB240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help. Let me start off by saying I really don't know a whole lot about transmissions and such, I'm still learning. I got an sr20det redtop in my s13. Randomly when I come to a stop it acts like it doesn't want to engage into 1st gear. Other times it shifts perfectly. I don't want to try and force it into 1st cause I don't want to ruin my transmission. I'm running a stock clutch and flywheel. What could be my problem? Do I need a new clutch? Is a synchro going bad? I just need some insight, I'm sure some of you have dealt with this before.
DDB240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #2157
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
^ i have the same problem on my ka24de. i would also like to know the answer.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #2158
DDB240sx

DDB240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I spoke with the shop that I deal with and he told me something to the effect that the sychronizers are... out of alignment? He said it's a common thing with these transmissions and the best solution is shift it into another gear and then into 1st. It works, I just wish I knew if there was something else.
DDB240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #2159
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
where can i find those special bolts for bolt on spacers. the ones that connect the spacer to the hub.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #2160
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I believe they're regular open ended lugs you can get at any autozone/advance/napa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote