Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
BJManies
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BJManies is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I need everyones else input on this situation.....

I recently traded my car for another car.
Today the previous owner called me demanding he needed the car back because now that he put the car on a lift, he see's some stuff he is not happy about and says we "have" to trade back.

He states that legally he can get the car back because I have not yet sent the title off, and because the name on the front of the title, is still HIS name and address, not mine.

He also states that because I had my title notarized BEFORE I met up with him, that mine is not valid, and that the notary who did mine broke the law, because he/she has to see HIM when I sign it over. But I don't understand how that is true, because cant I get the title notarized as a seller, and then just keep hold of it, so in the future, when/if I decide to get rid of the car, its already notarized?

My title was notarized, then signed by ME as the seller, then signed y him as the buyer. As his title was notarized, signed by him as the seller, and then signed by me as the buyer.

Can he legally get the car back? Thanks everyone. This will be a HUGE help.
BJManies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
xiM.Clutch

Trader Rating: (0)
xiM.Clutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think you messed up by getting it notarized beforehand. Just hold your ground, if he REALLY doesnt want to keep the car let him get into the legal issue. He knowingly signed it as well so he is in the wrong too. Not to mention he also didnt do his job as a trader and get the car checked 1st. Stuff like this is hella stressful but you might hold up in court GL bro
xiM.Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Notary:
If you are selling the car, YOU can get have your name notarized prior to selling and when you give it to him he will take it to a notary and have his signature notarized.

Ive done that probably 3 times and was told by the notary that its legal

if you have a bill of sale thats signed and notarized, I dont THINK he can take the car back. Just hurry up and get the title in your name.

Its that other guys fault for not checking out the car completely prior to trade
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
he fucked up.
dumb ass shoulda inspected the car before he took delivery of it.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
he fucked up.
dumb ass shoulda inspected the car before he took delivery of it.
It's not my car. I haven't taken delivery of it yet. Haha it's nobody's car. Someone put in the wrench time. What do you think Lance? It's an amazing machine haha

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Seriously what is it that he didn't like what he saw underneath the car?
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
NNOCENT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
NNOCENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
probably frame cancer rust or a hole through the frame already
NNOCENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It depends of your trade agreement, if it is on paper or just words. If it is just words, it is yours against the other trader, nobody can do nothing unless there is a neutral witness. If it is on paper, then unless the paper stated that I am trading my perfect condition 240 for your civic, then the other trader cannot do much either.

If he signed over the title to you, he cannot do shit even if you have not yet getting sending it in yet.
chituntang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
DRIFTO16
Zilvia Junkie

DRIFTO16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man these situations suck just hold
your ground, if he signed then you should hurry and get it in your name he isnt going to be able to do much about it after that
like stated above if it doesnt say i sell my perfect nissan for your honda then your good
good luck with this
it was his fault for not
checking it out before the trade
Old 05-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
well,....you def did the title part backwards. the notary is supposed to seal the approval with both parties present (unless South Carolina). So yes,...it was illegally done and took him a couple days before he could even Drive to work because of it.

Either way he wanted it back because your car was a complete pile of shit for 1, before getting it in the air, with a paint job performed by Ray Charles,Dead & in a fucking HURRICANE.
nevermind Every panel on the car is Beat to hell.
He was somewhat taken advantage of I think but,he was the one i guess that agreed on the deal,all the while having only 30 mins in meeting you.

With only knowing a little of the Situation,There was def some false info given,possibly, about you car and SOMEHOW vouched for on your thread,by a couple people that clearly have questionable taste in whats a "solid car" and considered "sexy" .

Whats done is done,but That car was Not quite worth a Beat up S13,..better yet a stock S14 that you were looking for.
Oh well,You got a Great deal from that transaction. Car is currently being scraped and the motor is about all thats maybe useful.......?

the end.

BTW: hes a neighbor of mine and knows he made a Giant Mistake...especially after bringing it by to me to look at also.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^
Zilivia is a small world haha. Technically it was his fault, but if you were shady, it just sucks to be him. I will not do business with you.
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
well,....you def did the title part backwards. the notary is supposed to seal the approval with both parties present (unless South Carolina). So yes,...it was illegally done and took him a couple days before he could even Drive to work because of it.

Either way he wanted it back because your car was a complete pile of shit for 1, before getting it in the air, with a paint job performed by Ray Charles,Dead & in a fucking HURRICANE.
nevermind Every panel on the car is Beat to hell.
He was somewhat taken advantage of I think but,he was the one i guess that agreed on the deal,all the while having only 30 mins in meeting you.

With only knowing a little of the Situation,There was def some false info given,possibly, about you car and SOMEHOW vouched for on your thread,by a couple people that clearly have questionable taste in whats a "solid car" and considered "sexy" .

Whats done is done,but That car was Not quite worth a Beat up S13,..better yet a stock S14 that you were looking for.
Oh well,You got a Great deal from that transaction. Car is currently being scraped and the motor is about all thats maybe useful.......?

the end.

BTW: hes a neighbor of mine and knows he made a Giant Mistake...especially after bringing it by to me to look at also.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Internet justice

edit: link to forsale thread?
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
hahah I know - Crazy...I just happened to See his Name and the thread was bumped by someone,so I figured i'd post.
We were trying to get ahold of him (due to the title issue) on a Local Forum with no luck.

Neighbor must have smoked a goddamn acre of weed before meeting/and seeing this car thats for sure
Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
hahahahaha high woo'd
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
bullshit.
if he
AGREED to
it
HE SHOULD HAVE INSPECTED IT

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #16
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
bullshit.
if he
AGREED to
it
HE SHOULD HAVE INSPECTED IT
Well no doubt.
he def took the trade and whats done is done...the only reason he did is because he does not know much about these cars and Took some other peoples word on it and knew it would be a fixer-upper. This car screams "Car-compactor".

I think he'd love to have that day back all over again.

The new car he got,he made sure I was somewhat involved due to the lack of knowledge of the cars.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats some shady sketch ass shit! Just remember when kharma comes around its not gonna be pretty, thats all i have to say

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
spoken from the great johnny tran! Hopefully this guys car doesnt have the same outcome lol

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #19
Sr20Bluebird
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
Sr20Bluebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Pure shadyness from all sides, karmas a bitch.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #20
Goldeneye9mm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Goldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Goldeneye9mm
lol i've never had a title noterized but i dunno how diff state laws work. anyway if you didn't make any promisses to contition of the car he doesn't have a leg to stand on. he signd the title so if someone found it on the street they could re title it in their name. it's your car not and he can't do anything about it.

side note: get a new lock and key set he probobly has a spair somewhere. plus you addres is on the old title he has. protect your investment!
Goldeneye9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #21
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Same shit happened to me and the guy that bought my car said it wasn't a fair trade and I told him it's too late and he said he was gonna sue me and told him do what you have to do and that was 2 years ago hasn't called back nor sent a letter from his lawyer. Personally I wouldn't worry about it people that say there gonna sue 8/10 times are trying to scare you into giving back your car if he calls again best thing to do is not answer.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

It's over with.

Both parties are 20yrs old and clearly do not know much about these cars.
1: the seller had a pile of shit that clearly treated it like that.
2: the trader wanted a coupe instead of a nice s14 and made a quick decision.

Trader had a leg to stand on tbh but once the op titled the car it's his ownership now.
His title was considered voided due to he checked both boxes on the title he shouldn't have and could have been sued.

It's all over. I just happen to know this situation and did not mean to flare up a rash that this op dropped into my neighborhood. Hahahah
Old 05-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #23
DRIFTO16
Zilvia Junkie

DRIFTO16 is an unknown quantity at this point
I understand your outburst
seeing as how u might have a friendship with your nieghboor but like u said whats done is done his lack of knowledge landed him in this situation
.....but it doesnt help
if the seller was shady and untruthfull
about the conditions of the car,
and had people make his car sound better then what it realy was
all i can say is learn from your mistakes weve all made a deal that we werent too happy about
Old 05-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #24
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTO16 View Post
I understand your outburst
me..Outburst?...not quite. Its Not my problem Really, I just hope he's (neighbor) learned his lesson.

Please Lock Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #25
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
It's over with.

Both parties are 20yrs old and clearly do not know much about these cars.
1: the seller had a pile of shit that clearly treated it like that.
2: the trader wanted a coupe instead of a nice s14 and made a quick decision.

Trader had a leg to stand on tbh but once the op titled the car it's his ownership now.
His title was considered voided due to he checked both boxes on the title he shouldn't have and could have been sued.

It's all over. I just happen to know this situation and did not mean to flare up a rash that this op dropped into my neighborhood. Hahahah
Sounds about right, Ive heard very similar stories before, but in the end, a deal is a deal. Sorry to hear about your neighbor, but hey, you just cant make decisions like that in the time it takes to smoke a cigarette. Live and learn...
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #26
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I like how BJmanies hasnt said shit once MyFairLady popped in HAHA! I hate shady kids!

MODS lets lock this!

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #27
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Just for informational purposes, before this is locked.

The seller did not do the notarizing 'backwards'.
If you take your title to a notary, sign it and have them notarize it, it is the same as having an open title.
In this case, the new owner takes the car and the title and signs it in front of a notary himself and the car is his.

It's real convenient when you're buying a car out of city/state and have to get it back to your place to register it.

Both parties don't have to be together to sign their titles this way.
In most cases, with local people buying/selling, both parties generally go with eachother to get everything signed and notarized.
Neither way is wrong/right, just more convenient depending on the situation.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #28
xislander
Leaky Injector

xislander is an unknown quantity at this point
just whoop his ass. end of story.

Last edited by xislander; 10-09-2011 at 06:15 AM..
xislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #29
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Pics of said "pile"..
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #30
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
kill him.... lol
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote