Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
A question about religion

Describe Heaven, tell me what this place is like.

I have some thoughts about it, but I'd like to see what others think for a little while.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Even though I don't believe, fluffy white clouds and a lot of people?
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Shvltme93Notch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Shvltme93Notch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
myself and milla jovovich on a warm beach with lots and lots of rum and coke.
Shvltme93Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I believe that if heaven exists it's a place where you can do all the things that were sins here on earth, I imagine it like a giant orgy or something like that.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
or perhaps a place where you wouldn't suffer from temptations to commit the sins in the first place.

sins are sins for a reason, regardless of religious views sins tend to be things that can cause harm to yourself and/or others.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
or perhaps a place where you wouldn't suffer from temptations to commit the sins in the first place.

sins are sins for a reason, regardless of religious views sins tend to be things that can cause harm to yourself and/or others.
and how does checking out your neighbors wife hurt you or him? Religion is retarded.

last time i checked incest was illegal and a Sin, yet Noah put his family and animals in an arc then god commanded him to repopulate the earth, wouldn't that be a Sin / contradict everything he has ever taught them? that's how ive always shut up priests and nuns at church.

either way, Heaven everyone has their own perspective of it, and it usually suits their best interest. heaven ideally is what will make you happiest.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
last time i checked incest was illegal and a Sin, yet Noah put his family and animals in an arc then god commanded him to repopulate the earth.
Noah had like 5 sons and they were already married by the time the arc was built, so I guess at worst there was some cousin lovin.

I think the way I do about heaven because it's supposed to be a 'reward' for not sinning on earth, and I figured the reward would be freedom to do what you've held off on. Of course, you can't kill or hurt people or anything like that because everybody is already dead.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
I think the way I do about heaven because it's supposed to be a 'reward' for not sinning on earth, and I figured the reward would be freedom to do what you've held off on. Of course, you can't kill or hurt people or anything like that because everybody is already dead.
Now this to me is a misinterpretation of the Bible. Yes Heaven is a reward of sorts but man is expected to sin.

Its not the act of not sinning that is rewarded. Its the act of trying not to sin. For we are not perfect and will sin.

If one tries not to sin then they have a conscious and a sense of ethics.

If we were indeed capable of not sinning at all we would either have to be monk or dead.

if you really follow the Bible? We were(man or his representatives) thrown out of the perfect place when we were perfect!

I.E. the story of the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve. Now they were given exactly what Heaven is considered to be, but given of free will were tempted and sinned.

Now that story may have been allegorical i.e. to represent the tribes of man. Who knows.

Heaven is a higher state, one were everything we could not answer is answered. Where everything makes perfect sense and we do not have to suffer disease,pain, etc... and there is pure unconditional love.

Hows that for an explanation

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Heaven is a higher state, one were everything we could not answer is answered. Where everything makes perfect sense and we do not have to suffer disease,pain, etc... and there is pure unconditional love.

Hows that for an explanation
I might almost like that explanation, but that sounds really boring.

Back when I never really asked questions I just believed heaven was a nice place where everybody was happy. Now I realize, that everybody is way too different to be perfectly happy in the same place. There are people that are happier by themselves, and people that are happy to be surrounded by others.

Basically, I feel like free-will, and universal nirvana are mutually exclusive.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
and how does checking out your neighbors wife hurt you or him? Religion is retarded.

last time i checked incest was illegal and a Sin, yet Noah put his family and animals in an arc then god commanded him to repopulate the earth, wouldn't that be a Sin / contradict everything he has ever taught them? that's how ive always shut up priests and nuns at church.

either way, Heaven everyone has their own perspective of it, and it usually suits their best interest. heaven ideally is what will make you happiest.
The Noah part was already answered.

Checking out your neighbor's wife: Assuming you are referring to the bible in which they call it "lust", Unless you take action, you are only hurting yourself - what good will come out of wanting something you can't have? you're just wasting time and energy. If you are married, well that's self explanatory.

Why are you assuming that by "sins" i meant sins from a particular religion, namely Christianity? I'm not religious, sins can be anything that don't hold true to your own personal ideals.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
Checking out your neighbor's wife: Assuming you are referring to the bible in which they call it "lust", Unless you take action, you are only hurting yourself - what good will come out of wanting something you can't have? you're just wasting time and energy. If you are married, well that's self explanatory.
Matthew 5:28-
"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

That's what the bible has to say about that, and something my father always used to say, changing it to fit the appropriate situation.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #12
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
If there's a heaven, I don't think we could understand it, because we're alive. Never being hungry or thirsty or horny and not getting any, and always feeling loved and like your in the right place at the right time.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #13
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
As long as I don't have to deal with traffic, 2Am bar curfews, and credit card bills, I will happily call that heaven.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #14
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
what are your thoughts theicecreamdan?
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 AM   #15
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Heaven : Its like the world, without internet discussion

Last edited by Walperstyle; 11-16-2009 at 03:09 AM..
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #16
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Heaven : Its like the world, without internet discussion
wow stop right there so we cant go on zilvia in heaven??? Heaven is me smokin freely with my favorite drink and favorite girls
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #17
beanzphour
Leaky Injector

beanzphour is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to beanzphour
this is what i think

Religions of the World

Taoism: Shit Happens
Hinduism: This Shit Happened Before
Islam: If Shit Happens, Take A Hostage
Buddhism: When Shit Happen Is It Really Shit?
7th Day Adventist: Shit Happens On Saturday
Protestantism: Shit Won´t Happen If I Work Harder
Catholicism: If Shit Happens, I Deserve It
Jehovah´s Witness: Knock, Knock, "Shit Happens"
Judaism: Why Does Shit Always Happen To Me?
Hare Krishna: Shit Happens Rama Rama Ding Dong
Atheism: No Shit
T.V. Evangelism: Send More Shit
Rastafarianism: Let´s Smoke This Shit

lmfao
beanzphour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #18
Dalton918
Leaky Injector

Dalton918 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzphour View Post
this is what i think

Religions of the World

Taoism: Shit Happens
Hinduism: This Shit Happened Before
Islam: If Shit Happens, Take A Hostage
Buddhism: When Shit Happen Is It Really Shit?
7th Day Adventist: Shit Happens On Saturday
Protestantism: Shit Won´t Happen If I Work Harder
Catholicism: If Shit Happens, I Deserve It
Jehovah´s Witness: Knock, Knock, "Shit Happens"
Judaism: Why Does Shit Always Happen To Me?
Hare Krishna: Shit Happens Rama Rama Ding Dong
Atheism: No Shit
T.V. Evangelism: Send More Shit
Rastafarianism: Let´s Smoke This Shit

lmfao
That's the best break down of religion ever!!
My heaen is simultaneously smoking, drinking, drifting, and havin a threesome with smokin hott japanese triplets while the 3rd chick is making me a sandwich, and it lasts forever.

Dalton918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #19
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
a place of peace? if it exists

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #20
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
the world as it was at the beginning of time, with all the luxeries and more in the current time, without all the bullshit.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #21
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I see heaven as a moment of true happiness.

I think my personal heaven would be the entire family living under one roof, with Pops scolding/beating us all. Sounds twisted, but my family's got thick skin. We always pretended to hurt so he stopped. We always snickered.

Good god i miss those simplistic days.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #22
okigsxr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
okigsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
WTF, we talk about religion here...????
okigsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Heaven must be simply an existence without pain, suffering, and struggle. Everyone's idea of what would be the coolest way to spend eternity is different, but nobody could deny that existing without having to deal with those emotions would be perfect.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #24
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
be with the ones that i love.
and of course a few models
To bad im Rastafarian.. in a way
Old 11-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #25
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
be with the ones that i love.
and of course a few models
To bad im Rastafarian.. in a way
Nothing wrong with that. Fact is people get caught up in believing Religion is what gets them to that higher plane.
Fact is Spirituality is the key. That and trying to live your life correctly and ethically. Not judgmental, not absolutely perfect just the right intentions and ethics.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 AM   #26
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Spirituality is taught by most conventional religion
Old 11-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #27
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:

This works for me.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Ya but most people who follow conventional religions do not practice spirituality at the least. IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
I might almost like that explanation, but that sounds really boring.

Back when I never really asked questions I just believed heaven was a nice place where everybody was happy. Now I realize, that everybody is way too different to be perfectly happy in the same place. There are people that are happier by themselves, and people that are happy to be surrounded by others.

Basically, I feel like free-will, and universal nirvana are mutually exclusive.
see now here is the thing. None of us knows exactly what Heaven is or even if in fact its the same for each individual. To know its a better place is to have faith.

To know that definitely has to be better than this existence is your answer. Its probably the best answer and at the same time a speculative one.

We have free will already. The ability to choose right or wrong when knowing the outcome is in essence free will.

The question to ask is, is it possible to reach universal nirvana? Oh and if you reach Universal Nirvana then you would not have to make choices.

Everything would be as it should and choices would not need to be made. Hence no reason for the existence of free will because you have erased the need for choices. Everything is Nirvana i.e. pure bliss.

Of course that is probably to simple as is the possible concept of Universal Nirvana. Would a soul want to exist for eternity in a always blissful state? Would that not be boring as you said earlier?

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:03 AM   #29
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya but most people who follow conventional religions do not practice spirituality at the least. IMO
Re-read my first reply. I know you are a certified Internet discussion expert, so I will tread softly. You generalize too much.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #30
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Re-read my first reply. I know you are a certified Internet discussion expert, so I will tread softly. You generalize too much.
my favorite....laughed so hard! ...it is true...

and to MATEJ....how old were those kids? made me a little teary...
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote