Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > R Chassis

R Chassis Technical discussion related to the R Chassis such as the R31, R32, R33, R34, and R35.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
prjktMAYHEM

Trader Rating: (0)
prjktMAYHEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
R33 and R34 interior quarter glass louvers

Hi folks!

I'm Kenji, and I am trying to determine how well received in the community interior quarter glass louvers would be.

As I know it, Nissan did not make them as an OE option for the R33 and R34. If I am wrong, someone please show me some examples to correct me.

I'm in the business of replicating Nissan out-of-print OE pieces. My partner and I have successfully replicated the 180SX and the S14 quarter glass louvers using modern technology (3D mapping) and are making them out of polycarbonate using thermal pressure molding. We were fortunate to be able to contract with a maker of OE parts for Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Daihatsu taking advantage of their production and QA process.

If we were to do quarter interior louvers for the R33 and R34, they would be an "interpretation" from all of the data we have logged for the 180SX, S14 and soon-to-be S13 Silvia (successfully procured a pristine set for replication; on the hunt for R32 at the moment). For the R33, the S14 silhouette is the closest with placement of the louvered sections. Of course, we will need to buy quarter window sections for all of the measurements and calculate a hybrid of current data with the new data. I think this is an interesting challenge.

Anyway, I am not selling anything here, and again I am just merely trying to obtain community sentiment, and if this post is a violation, please remove it. I've been a member of Zilvia since 2018, but this is only my second post, so I'm trying to not cause any issues.

Thank you for your time!
prjktMAYHEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links