Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-14-2023, 01:32 PM   #1
gmfb702

Trader Rating: (0)
gmfb702 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 fuel pump hanger bracket

Hi I'm trying to get my S14 started after about 7 years and the fuel pump wasn't priming so i put direct power and nothing so I went to change the pump and a few issues came up the main one is the bracket that holds the fuel pump appears to be broken. I looked online and couldn't find any info. not sure how to post pics but here is an imgur link to the broken bracket.https://imgur.com/a/A30Ou8h
gmfb702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2023, 04:06 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Was there supposed to be a question with this post?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 05:01 PM   #3
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfb702 View Post
Hi I'm trying to get my S14 started after about 7 years and the fuel pump wasn't priming so i put direct power and nothing so I went to change the pump and a few issues came up the main one is the bracket that holds the fuel pump appears to be broken. I looked online and couldn't find any info. not sure how to post pics but here is an imgur link to the broken bracket.https://imgur.com/a/A30Ou8h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I think his question was, ?Am I f*cked??. To which I would answer, yes. However, there are options, unfortunately, no cheap ones.
Old 02-14-2023, 05:44 PM   #4
gmfb702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yes sorry was posting in a bit of a rush but what are my options for mounting the fuel pump? I tried looking for that bracket the fuel pump hanger mounts to but no luck. I did see a top hat from Radium that allows dual fuel pumps I assume that would work? I basically want to know what I can do now that I can't mount it in the factory location? Plans are to boost the KA with the stock internals maybe build the KA or swap later. I looked at used fuel tanks and saw them around $1500 which seems insane. Also the was a ton of corrosion and the gasket that is on the top hat was melted so I also need to clean the gas tank would removing it be the best option? I initially pumped as much of the old gas that I could. Also a couple of pics of the fuel pump and gasket.
https://imgur.com/a/xtnWzYi
https://imgur.com/a/pesjtkM
Old 02-14-2023, 05:51 PM   #5
gmfb702

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I think his question was, ?Am I f*cked??. To which I would answer, yes. However, there are options, unfortunately, no cheap ones.
Yeah that was my question basically lol the car will be used mostly for weekend drives maybe autox. I would like to get it back on the road without having to spend that much if possible but if more has to be spent to do it right I will. Also is that part replaceable it almost looks like it can be?
Old 02-14-2023, 07:05 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Yeah that was my question basically lol the car will be used mostly for weekend drives maybe autox. I would like to get it back on the road without having to spend that much if possible but if more has to be spent to do it right I will. Also is that part replaceable it almost looks like it can be?
No, it is not replaceable. It appears to be bonded to the inside of the tank. You?ll have to get creative with a solution. I thought Radium omitted that portion when it designed the new dual pump hanger. I was wrong. Maybe find a leaking tank and remove it?
Old 02-14-2023, 10:44 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Yes sorry was posting in a bit of a rush but what are my options for mounting the fuel pump? I tried looking for that bracket the fuel pump hanger mounts to but no luck. I did see a top hat from Radium that allows dual fuel pumps I assume that would work? I basically want to know what I can do now that I can't mount it in the factory location? Plans are to boost the KA with the stock internals maybe build the KA or swap later. I looked at used fuel tanks and saw them around $1500 which seems insane. Also the was a ton of corrosion and the gasket that is on the top hat was melted so I also need to clean the gas tank would removing it be the best option? I initially pumped as much of the old gas that I could. Also a couple of pics of the fuel pump and gasket.
https://imgur.com/a/xtnWzYi
https://imgur.com/a/pesjtkM
The gasket can be found here https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...342-79900.html
The fuel hanger is mostly discontinued or hard to find. part #17013-70T00
Yeah that tank looks like it may have to be junked.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:18 AM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Hmm I would attempt to suspend the fuel pump into near-factory location by anchoring to the fuel topper, maybe drill some holes and do the nut and bolt thing.

And then look into hydramats so you can soak up all the fuel properly

If you get the materials from Mcmaster carr you can be sure to find fuel resistant quality
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:44 PM   #9
gmfb702

Appreciate the responses I will look into what other people have done for mounting the fuel pump. I googled but could find anyone that discussed this happening to them. Also if I do find a mounting solution what would be the best way to get the fuel tank cleaned out? I saw that I would need to drop the rear subframe to get it out and its currently in a driveway so if I can avoid that it'd be ideal but I can get it in a garage if the tank needs to be dropped. Appreciate all the help.