Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2002, 10:28 PM   #1
240dude
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi.  I am kinda stuck between selling my Nissan Motorsports cam or keeping it.  If i am to sell it, i would get my VLSD sooner but i will never be able to put it back in when i wanna do track racing or whatever.  I took it out cuz i didnt like the low end torque with it in, it was crappy.  Its a tough decision because if i sell it then im never gonna be able to get one again ( i could but it wouldnt make sense and it would take more money).  I will tell you guys that my types or driving are auto x, drag and drifting so what do you think i should do?   Thanks,  John

89 Hatchback SE w/ ka24e-t in the making : )

The first Legit excuse for speeding:
"If Eintsteins theory of reltivity is correct then having a top speed of over 155mph extends my life."
240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2002, 01:42 PM   #2
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Sell the Nismo cam and get the VLSD.  Then later buy the JWT cams.  I hear their better anyways.

btw..  how was the top end with the Nismo cam?  was it an easy install?
Old 04-13-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
240dude
Leaky Injector

240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Top end was great for a SOHC.  It was great on the highway.  I chose to take it out because i am more into drifting and some drag racing because lets face it, we cant run 100 miles an hour all day with out being caught.  There was no power til 3000 rpm and you cant get a good drag launch without perfect clutchwork.  It is definatley a must for track racing or long races.  Power was also more seamless in delivery.  And the install..easy.  Me and a couple friends did it in a couple hours.  hope this helps.  john

89 Hatchback SE w/ ka24e-t in the making : )

The first Legit excuse for speeding:
"If Eintsteins theory of reltivity is correct then having a top speed of over 155mph extends my life."
240dude is offline   Reply With Quote