Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #151
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yes Im going to run dual exhaust but out to the stock location pics below.

For the ps the hose you see is regular teflon braided hose, summit racing sells this stuff, this is only for the low pressure return side, for the high pressure im getting one made although the stock 240sx hose would probably work.

Got the preliminary cutting and flanges welded on the xpipe. Got to go pick up my mufflers and the rest of the mandrel bends i need to finish this tommorow.

Here it is installed on the car.

As you can see there is no illusion of grond clearance here, my car is pretty low ( as low as the tein coilovers will go) and i have about 3 and some change inches of ground clearance. It should be fine as the other one hung about as low and only became an issue on some speed bumps and going on and off the trailer. Besides it aint any lower than the headers

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #152
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
removed as requested

Last edited by g6civcx; 09-20-2008 at 01:46 PM..
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #153
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
How is BSFC related to throttle position and minor fluctuations in speed?
There's a BSFC curve for every throttle position. RPM is related to speed. Unless that's a rhetorical question, in which case I've got nothing.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #154
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
removed as requested

Last edited by g6civcx; 09-20-2008 at 01:46 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #155
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Ok guys, who gives a rat's fucking ass about fuel consumption here? The OP doesn't and neither do I!!! Take your bickering to PM so the rest of us can enjoy the build. And seriously g6civicx, arguing about fuel consumption when you have a carburated 350 chevy under the hood? Get real!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #156
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
^see! that whats I was saying!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #157
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
What I mean is that you generally don't hold a steady cruising speed.

You generally slow down a little bit and speed up a little bit even when cruising.

So it's not practical to calculate the max point of the BSFC curve for a single speed.

So would a single max point on the BSFC or more like an RPM range, say 500RPM or 1000RPM range, that would make more sense to analyze for fuel consumption?
I never said anything about a max POINT of BSFC. It's a curve, there will be a minimum which will move around wrt RPM depending on other variables.

Changing speed slightly or not, the BSFC curves for say every 10% throttle opening will show you where an engine is most efficient.

Enough of the tangent, BSFC and how it relates to fuel economy isn't that complicated. I'm sure there's a wikipedia article on it or something.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #158
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I recently subscribed to motortrend, and every issue has more than one BS article about gas milage. Pisses me off. Who gives a shit. This isn't a thread about tuning. So why are we talking about BSFC?

Looks like we have some motortrend readers here in zilvia.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #159
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Ok guys, who gives a rat's fucking ass about fuel consumption here? The OP doesn't and neither do I!!! Take your bickering to PM so the rest of us can enjoy the build.
I asked a question. I have no position so how can I bicker?

If you don't like the questions then I am sorry but I did not bring up the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
And seriously g6civicx, arguing about fuel consumption when you have a carburated 350 chevy under the hood? Get real!
First, nowhere am I arguing. I am asking because I want to know.

Second, I have many cars, not just one. What makes you assume everything is about that one car? Any additional followup may be done on PM as this does not concern anyone else.

If you don't like what you see, please ask a mod to prune. I'm just responding to what others have said.

I am leaving this post as a rebuttal to accusations about me that may or may not be true. I do apologise for participating with others who brought up a tangential topic. Please go to the other thread if you want fuel economy.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #160
g6civcx
Post Whore!

I made a new thread and copied all relevant comments in there. Please feel free to have a mod prune this thread.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #161
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
I recently subscribed to motortrend, and every issue has more than one BS article about gas milage. Pisses me off. Who gives a shit. This isn't a thread about tuning. So why are we talking about BSFC?

Looks like we have some motortrend readers here in zilvia.
I feel sorry for you if your only introduction to internal combustion engine topics is Motortrend...

I never read that trash.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #162
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
I feel sorry for you if your only introduction to internal combustion engine topics is Motortrend...

I never read that trash.
It was $10 bucks for the year.
I got ripped off.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #163
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Ground clearance is for sissies

Dual 3 inch exhaust, xpipe, dual magnaflow mufflers

Old 09-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #164
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
looks fuckin awesome dude.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #165
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
That's some great work! can't wait to see some new vids of that thing in action!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #166
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Fuckin nice Exhaust set up man. what kind of wheels are you running? specs?? Great fittment.

Over all great job man A+

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #167
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
this One is sooooo much better than the last one =]
Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #168
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wowzers that is clean as fuck

Rock on.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #169
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks for the compliments everyone, i do think this time around the car is coming out better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
Fuckin nice Exhaust set up man. what kind of wheels are you running? specs?? Great fittment.

Over all great job man A+
front 18 by 10+18
265/35/18

Rear 18 by 11 +18
315/30/18

Finnally got the car on the ground its got plenty clearance, never again will i be able to take a speed bump though. The pictures look like the mufflers hang lower than the bumper , but its not really that much, they are tucked nicely under the car.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #170
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
awesome work

I'm still not sure if I like the exhaust sitting that low.. call me a sissy but I'd prefer not to worry about scraping it on a speed bump.

still very cool and unique

keep it up

random question: I noticed you had some different tires on the car is that temporary or is their a story behind that?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #171
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this build makes me wet
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #172
energy0uth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
energy0uth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
very very nice....not on here enough but I should be for builds like this
energy0uth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #173
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
very nice. Do you plan on adding some tips?

Possibly twin slash cuts angeled up and out?
TUnity2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #174
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
fu*kin shwwweeet, get it to sound like this please: YouTube - 1UZ Toyota V8 with ITBs

oh and sorry to bring up the fuel economy thing again, but would it be possible to mount a T56 trani to it??? I beleive that would fix the problem, if a corvette can get 30mpg on a 5.7 this is a 4.5, should get upwards of 30????

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&resnum=0&q=30%20mpg%20c orvette&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=corvette%20vs%20prius&hl=en&emb= 0
Oo_Skyline_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #175
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

yes, anything is possible but the extra 2 grand youd have to spend would negate 5 years worth of the difference between the two fuel economy wise.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:56 AM   #176
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
amazing. simply amazing.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #177
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Nice sizes. what brand and model though?? there isnt a pic on here that shows what they are. to me the last side pic where you can see like a quarter of the wheel look like my favorite wheels of all time that I missed the bid on ebay but if you have them I think that would be cool and would deserve a home with you... haha

The deep g7's

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 AM   #178
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
a lot of goodies you got there. nice. love the pics and keep them coming. thanks.
Modrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #179
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
Nice sizes. what brand and model though?? there isnt a pic on here that shows what they are. to me the last side pic where you can see like a quarter of the wheel look like my favorite wheels of all time that I missed the bid on ebay but if you have them I think that would be cool and would deserve a home with you... haha

The deep g7's

They are work meister s1 3 peice
Old 09-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #180
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

got it cranked back up, sound is amazing the video doesnt do it justice. The smoke is the oil in the exhaust being burned up, at least i hope lol

YouTube - 450sx new dual 3 inch exhaust