Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
S14 carpet options?

ok, so i ditched my factory carpet because it was less than desireable in the looks department. and i knew i wanted to remove the sound deadening and i was doing a weld in cage/ seam welding.

buuuutttt, now that i have all that done and out of the way, i cant find any options as to getting a new carpet for my car. i dont want to pay an upholstery shop to make one, because i dont really need anything that nice. so hit me with ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
OEM is the best fit you're going to find without having it custom cut and glued. I've messed with numerous aftermarket kits before and they all suck, poorly molded, not precut, cheap materials, etc.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
Grandpa
Zilvia Member

Grandpa is an unknown quantity at this point
And he means SUCK!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
iiEddieGii
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
iiEddieGii is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iiEddieGii
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
OEM is the best fit you're going to find without having it custom cut and glued. I've messed with numerous aftermarket kits before and they all suck, poorly molded, not precut, cheap materials, etc.
He's absolutely right about the fit with an aftermarket one. Nothing is going to work as well as an OEM one.

You should consider trying to clean your original one. I just recently got an s13 with a pretty messed up carpet. Looked like someone had spilled a bottle of wine in there. I have been using carpet shampoo, a tub brush, and shop-vac to clean it up and I have had surprising results. I thought initially that I would have to replace it too, but now it looks pretty good.
iiEddieGii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
i sprayed my carpet black, its like, kinda crunchy? but, its solid black, and most of it is covered by floor mats anyway.
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
not worth cleaning or trying to fix, its got holes/tears in both sides and i junked it a long time ago anyways

can you even get aftermarket kits for an s14? i havent been able to find any....

anyone got some factory carpet they wanna sell? haha

Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...20&ModelId=312

Don't know if that's the right stuff or not. Again it won't fit as well as stock, but it's something.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

hmm, seems like i've searched that site before and they didnt have s14 carpet???
I suck.

i may just try that, im not having the best luck finding factory stuff in good shape....

thanks!

Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
www.autoupholsterykits.com
http://www.stockinteriors.com/items....n_240SX_Carpet
Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eds13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
i sprayed my carpet black, its like, kinda crunchy? but, its solid black, and most of it is covered by floor mats anyway.

lol at "kinda cruchy"
Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #11
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought the stock interiors carpet for S13.

it hasn't even gotten here yet and I don't want it. Fucking impusle buy.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #12
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants
I just bought the stock interiors carpet for S13.

it hasn't even gotten here yet and I don't want it. Fucking impusle buy.
if you end up putting it in, snap some pictures. id like to see the fitment.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #13
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
I just sold my last S14 gray carpet, but I have a green carpet that's pretty decent, wash it with a pressure washer and then spray dye it black and you'd never know.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #14
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
i wouldnt buy from stockinteriors.com or any other carpet site. i got one and it was poorly molded and not even precut. its a bitch to make fit in the car and involves alot of work. carpets way to thick compared to oem and does mold that well and its pretty hard to cut. i ended up throwing it away and got a carpet from the junkyard, cleaned and died black. looks 100xs better and i paid like $30 compared to $100.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #15
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
spense, i got the carpet from my car still, u can have it. Its mostly clean, maybe holla at a rug doctor.

that or spray dye it, i dunno how thats done but I heard about someone doing it. kinda like spray painting it but then it wont be crunchy.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Yea duplicolor makes this stuff that is a vinyl/ carpet dye. Ive seen it used before with good results. No fading or anything. I plan on washing my carpets with some soap to take out the 16 year old smell and dye them that way.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #17
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonster139
spense, i got the carpet from my car still, u can have it. Its mostly clean, maybe holla at a rug doctor.

that or spray dye it, i dunno how thats done but I heard about someone doing it. kinda like spray painting it but then it wont be crunchy.
yeah, thatd be cool eddie, if you werent in like social hibernation.

come out and chill sometime. and bring carpet

Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #18
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
haha sorry dude my stepbro just got a turbo mkIII and we've been dumping hours into it trying to get it right. that and the shop i got needs some work, so i been hella busy. anyway once we open the shop you you need to get everyone down here for a grand opening thingy.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #19
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89
Yea duplicolor makes this stuff that is a vinyl/ carpet dye. Ive seen it used before with good results. No fading or anything. I plan on washing my carpets with some soap to take out the 16 year old smell and dye them that way.
Duplicolor products suck for carpet, use SEM. They make a full line of carpet, leather, plastic, and bumper coatings that are the best on the market bar none.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
yfz460
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
yfz460 is making a name for him/her selfyfz460 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yfz460
Rootbeer, there's a '98 S14 in my local junkyard, hasn't been there long and had a black leather interior. Carpet looks minty fresh if you want me to see if I can pull it next time I'm there. (Sorry I already took the seats and I am not giving them up, haha!)

The driver door panel has a small rip on the bottom corner of where it "meets" the dashboard (can't explain it any better, sorry) but the passenger panel is mint (Figured I would mention this as maybe you would want the suede inserts?). It was involved in a bad front hit so the dash itself is toast just in case you were wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
People build cars to please zilvia.
yfz460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #21
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

^nah, im just looking for some carpet.

i think i might have a deal going though, but thanks anyways!

Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #22
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eds13
lol at "kinda cruchy"
yeah, i dunno how to describe it really

like it feels like fabric still, but, kinda plasticy, or something? feels like GM interiors (is this good or bad? i dont know)
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #23
trigjones
Leaky Injector

trigjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone got insight on S13 options. I really regret stripping my OEM carpet, went with a black one from stockinteriors, looks alright but I royally screwed up in a couple spots made worse when the Canadian border patrol searched the car after they stopped me for my pedo-bear sticker.

I've got manual seat belts now, can the s14 carpet be made to fit? I could care less about the rear seats, I just want flush seams along the front door, dash, and center console.
trigjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #24
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer View Post
yeah, i dunno how to describe it really

like it feels like fabric still, but, kinda plasticy, or something? feels like GM interiors (is this good or bad? i dont know)
The crunch goes away over time. All of my seats were dyed when i got my car and I actually like how they look. Everyone and their moms want my seats.
Schassis707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
batman08

batman08 is an unknown quantity at this point
I also need a carpet but i live in Dallas and no luck for me
batman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #26
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer View Post
LOL @ the crunchy!!! i dye'd my oem carpet with duplicolor vinyl and fabric dye and if you take your time on it it wont come out crunchy but if it does like on some parts that i did you just take an industrial or strong vacume and vacume it and the crunchyness is gone feeels like oem finish and black!!

But some ppl do try and charge an am n a legg for an oem s14 carpet.. got lucky n paid 10 bux for a mint ass one
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote