Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #30
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_gearhead View Post
Hey I just had a question about your Weld Locd diffs. I've read through almost all of this thread and have seen nothing but positive feedback regarding drifting and racing - what about streetability? I've never seen or heard or driven a weld locd diff, but I have known people that have had their diffs welded before, and they make all kinds of terrible clunking and grinding noises around corners. Tires chirp during low speed turning, etc.

How well do you think one would hold up on a street car / mild autocross machine? Anyone get theirs done by Luke and still drive it on the street on a regular basis? Let me know guys, thanks.

-Streetability is fine. You will adapt to it after a few drives and you can easily feel your limits. I don't suggest trying to make a sharp turn while slamming the gas and trying to beat out the red light in the rain though, you may encounter a bit of sliding there, but if you are hardcore enough you take it with grace haha. But in all honesty, if you don't drive crazy with it, it is fine. I actually think it teaches you a good bit about your cars handling and limits. Kind of a learning experience as well as fun new part.

-I have never noticed too much noise from it besides the obvious tire scuffing around corners. Yes, it will happen, there is ways to reduce its effects though. Don't take the corner fast unless you have to, and turn as wide as possible.

-I use to drive mine on the street all the time as it was in my daily driver for a while. Held up fine. Never had problems with it. Just make sure you tighten all bolts and put the diff back in correctly, and you should be set. And if it were to break, Luke is a cool guy and backs it up, so no worries.

-Its fun to have for drifting. If you are on a budget, and want a good differential, I do suggest the Weld Locd. I have v4, and I like it just fine.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Anyway, hope that helped. Have a nice day