Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #61
eliterit

Trader Rating: (0)
eliterit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i would have kicked myself in the *** if i paid 1000 dollars for a real paintjob and later at a drift event did this

cones are bad
I'm glad i went with flat black, it makes touchups so much easier
rattle can jobs make sense if u have a track car
Old 12-07-2004, 11:37 PM   #62
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
nokeone, ur whole car was painted with spray cans? if it looks like that, i might have to give it a try. if not, at least i can do the interior so i can change the body color.

My lip when i first got it, sprayed rattle can.. RIP

Rear half of my car... i used black primer (mistake, hey im a rookie at this, did it a year ago)

Last edited by HyperTek; 12-08-2004 at 03:36 PM..
HyperTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:22 AM   #63
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
nokeone, ur whole car was painted with spray cans? if it looks like that, i might have to give it a try. if not, at least i can do the interior so i can change the body color.

My lip when i first got it, sprayed rattle can.. RIP

Rear half of my car... i used black primer (mistake, hey im a rookie at this, did it a year ago) did it because the rear was vandalized, so i spent the collect insurance money on engine and fixed it myself.
yes indeed my friend...from the wheels, to the body, to the hood (black because i ran out of blue...lol)

Krylon owns..

patience and a steady hand and it can turn out alright...
Old 12-08-2004, 12:35 AM   #64
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
I painted an S14 flat black today. We used Rustoleum Professional Flat Black. As of about half an hour after the last coat, the hood and trunk where a bit blotchy, but the rest of the car looked awesome.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 AM   #65
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
rattle can isnt that bad, my bumper looks alright.

dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:14 AM   #66
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
you bitches all whine about Pimp my Ride then get all upset when someone talks crap about your shitty paint jobs? WTF eh?
Old 12-08-2004, 02:18 AM   #67
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalker
you bitches all whine about Pimp my Ride then get all upset when someone talks crap about your shitty paint jobs? WTF eh?
lol, this thread went on for longer than i had expected...

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #68
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
more examples..weee....

looked better the first time.

Old 12-08-2004, 04:12 AM   #69
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha, looks like my car - shiny fenders and hood, dull bumper. Yeah I spraypainted it...
Still hate flat black though.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:53 AM   #70
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
Quote:
there's a difference between flat black and a combination of lime green with orange and yellow graphics.
homemade tasteful paint job > decent quality ugly paint job
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:55 AM   #71
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i love the flat black, for all of the reasons mentioned earlier...but also because my friends have grown to recognize me by the silver wheels and headlights (at night flat black cars are practically invisible)

and since alof of my friends dont recognize a 240 when they see one, the flat black helps lol.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #72
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys are kidding yourself. You've been conditioned to accept your ugly spray painted cars. I thought it was just the ghetto guys in their pimped out malibus and capris doing the rattle cans? Move away from what you've been fooled into believing is cool and realize that shitty rattle can paint job=PMR tasteless paintjob.

Ask someone on the street what they think of your rattle can paint. I'm sure you'll get a nice dose of reality.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #73
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
I've liked flat black ever since i was into hot rods back in highschool. When i saw my first 63 Nova with a 383 stroker and a Muncie 4-speed. Flat black with polished weld wheels. i was taken at how raw it looked. i love it.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:31 PM   #74
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i love nokeone's car lol

Ryan posted up some pics of your car on NICO a while back when we had this exact same thread, everyone thought it was cool

i wanna do that same thing but probably with grey or black krylon glossy
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:48 PM   #75
AlligatorBling
BANNED

AlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to AlligatorBling Send a message via Yahoo to AlligatorBling
i think rattle can jobs give a car a certain attitude, somewhat all go and no show kind of mentality is what comes to mind when i see one, most rattle can cars i have seen are fast as shit, usually for the fact the person who owns it put all the money in to the motor, not the bling. (however this is not always true) Anyway, thats besides the point, my whole reason for responding to this thread was to say who gives a flying fuck if someone else's car is painted with cans or not, you can not control what others do, and by getting pissy about it your going to cause your chances of having a heart attack to go up really high, i bet you bitch about everything you see that you don't agree with, and never let go do you.... ::shakes head:: you have much to learn young grasshopper.... and to those who have posted pics of there can jobs, thumbs up to all of them.
AlligatorBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:50 PM   #76
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Ask someone on the street what they think of your rattle can paint. I'm sure you'll get a nice dose of reality.
i've honestly only had a couple people say it looked a little dull..other then that it's been nothing but compliments on the car since it was painted..in person or otherwise...*shrug*..i will get a bling paint job someday...but for now i don't see the point...
Old 12-08-2004, 03:53 PM   #77
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
i love nokeone's car lol

Ryan posted up some pics of your car on NICO a while back when we had this exact same thread, everyone thought it was cool

i wanna do that same thing but probably with grey or black krylon glossy
thanks man..

pics of my car?..hahaha, really?..i had no idea..i'll have to go search for the thread....too funny..
Old 12-08-2004, 04:00 PM   #78
1sikgti
Zilvia Junkie

1sikgti has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to 1sikgti
For me I did flat black on my Gti to replicate the rat rod look since I had red wheels at the time,I also did it cause the black factory paint had seen better days.On my s14 I did rattle can black for a few reasons,I hate my previious paint job an my painter didnt get the green right,I also needed a black base for my next paint job an wanted to get a few aero parts on now to see how I liked them.I just spent 600$ to paint my s14 flat black,550$ for the first green paint job only a month ago which came out great but wrong color an 50$ in materials to ruin the brand nwe aint job with spray paint hehe.
1sikgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #79
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

blah! some ppl care about the looks of their car more than their skills...to each his/her own.. why care what others do to their car!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:13 PM   #80
Toahk
Zilvia Junkie

Toahk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Toahk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlligatorBling
i think rattle can jobs give a car a certain attitude, somewhat all go and no show kind of mentality is what comes to mind when i see one, most rattle can cars i have seen are fast as shit, usually for the fact the person who owns it put all the money in to the motor, not the bling. (however this is not always true) Anyway, thats besides the point, my whole reason for responding to this thread was to say who gives a flying fuck if someone else's car is painted with cans or not, you can not control what others do, and by getting pissy about it your going to cause your chances of having a heart attack to go up really high, i bet you bitch about everything you see that you don't agree with, and never let go do you.... ::shakes head:: you have much to learn young grasshopper.... and to those who have posted pics of there can jobs, thumbs up to all of them.
Think what you want and i'll think what I want. That is called an opinion, do we live in a country where you can't have an opinion? No
Was I ever trying to control other people? No
Do you really think my distaste for primer cars will make my chances of having a heart attack go up? I doubt it

Quote:
i bet you bitch about everything you see that you don't agree with, and never let go do you.
Nice assumption buddy, too bad you have no idea what my personality is like. Ask anyone that knows me what my personality is like.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/toahk

Toahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:31 AM   #81
AlligatorBling
BANNED

AlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to AlligatorBling Send a message via Yahoo to AlligatorBling
^Oh blow it out your fucking ass Howard. Yes, an opinion, but why in the hell do you feel so strongly about ranting about rattle cans, if your going to rant, rant about something worth ranting about. Like the song summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, he got a job and worked real hard, but how could he do that in 69? He was grade school... what did he do, shine shoes?
AlligatorBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:47 AM   #82
sciamop
Zilvia Member

sciamop is making a name for him/her selfsciamop is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toahk
I painted the car myself, thank you very much. If you dont like the red mesh thats your problem, ive had too many compliments to count on them.
The paint looks nice in the pictures. My 90 Coupe is the same color.

I was just making a statement about how ppl's tastes vary. I guarantee 90% of the zilvia crowd think your wheels are wack -- but if you like them, that's great. I certainly wouldn't post a thread on zilvia entitled, "What's with Toahk's Red Wheels?"

To stay on-topic, if I ever devote a car to track use, it's definitely getting a low-gloss black paint job!

For a daily driven 240 coupe, I love the two-tones w/ silvia conversion and sideskirts (Teal/Gray or White/Gold). But that's just me -- I'm a product of the 1980s!

Todd (older than all you fuckers)
90 Coupe
93 Coupe
sciamop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:58 PM   #83
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlligatorBling
if your going to rant, rant about something worth ranting about. Like the song summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, he got a job and worked real hard, but how could he do that in 69? He was grade school... what did he do, shine shoes?
seriously. that's just ridiculous. Bryan Adams is a liar and not to be trusted under any circumstances. he should just go DIAF.
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:59 PM   #84
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET

rattle can side skirts... came out pretty damn good.. its all in the prep work... and temp... and.. well moisture in the air..
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #85
EH9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
EH9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Comment removed.

Last edited by EH9; 07-08-2015 at 04:33 PM..
EH9 is offline   Reply With Quote