Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 09:06 AM   #1
madwilly240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
madwilly240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Teckademics S14.5, pics...

Hey I've been seeing this guy at every NoVa or MD event lately, what do you guys think of his car. I love it, but I hate the fact that it has a red top. Its very well done though. and on a side note, I heard he did terrible at the DGTrials civil war in MD.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
ugly

msgggggggggggggggg length
Old 12-07-2004, 10:30 AM   #3
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what's wrong with having a redtop?
It's obviously a track car, so what's with the hating? the graphics and decals look basically like any other track car.

u guys confoose me

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Old 12-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
Tygma
Zilvia Addict

Tygma is making a name for him/her selfTygma is making a name for him/her self
It's pretty ugly. I dont really care if it's a track car or not, it's terrible.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:40 AM   #5
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
*coughluke'sisbettercough*
Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #6
madwilly240
Zilvia Junkie

You think thats a straight track car???? looks all show to me. I hate redtops in s14s because it doesn't match. Put the same year motor in the same car. I'm anal about that stuff though... to each his own. I like the graphics though, they do make it look like a track car.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #7
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, "track car" my ass.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
The Riot Hero
Banned from the Marketplace

The Riot Hero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Riot Hero Send a message via Yahoo to The Riot Hero
why would he want to hinder himself with an s14 motor?

not a fan of the s15 front end. zenki love.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
Tygma
Zilvia Addict

Tygma is making a name for him/her selfTygma is making a name for him/her self
He was on the cover of some magazine.. i forget but i glanced at the cover at 711. They mis-spelled Silvia as Sylvia. Whatever no biggy but it bothers me
Old 12-07-2004, 12:00 PM   #10
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Yes, is on the cover of HCI, and really don't like it, the colors with the graphic, the setup and the front end..
Old 12-07-2004, 12:16 PM   #11
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I would say that on any given weekend I go out to a track event, I see about 0 "track cars" with stickers, and graphics all over them.

I see some race cars that way, but that is far from a race car.

It's more of a, "I like to show off, and talk about going to the track" car.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:18 PM   #12
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
hahaha, ouchie my butt! heh!

Fine you guys, it looks like a D1 Track car, better? :P
That's what I get for commenting right after watching Grip Video
DOH! Yoshi = 0wn3d

I'd still argue the redtop thing tho. There are lots of people that are big believers in the different port design of the redtop, proponent of it seem to all agree that it has better overall flow. *shrug*

Ugly or not, I still give the guy props, that was a lot of work regardless of whether it's really driven hard or is a carpet queen. I wish I had the funds to do all that to my ride
Old 12-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #13
nrcooled
Nissanaholic!

nrcooled is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to nrcooled
I think that's dan's car? I haven't seen it in quite some time and the last time that I saw it he was in the process of getting his swap done.

*If that is his car* it has a lot of potential and it was built to get a lot of attention as a show/drift car. If you look at all the JDM mAd dorifto cars they all have the same purpose. To be a great drift car and still get tons of attention for the sponsors.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
DavidC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
DavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
at DG civil war he blew his dipstick out and oil splattered everywhere and he didnt run for the rest of the day.

yes that is dan's car.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #15
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
S14 chassis + S13 motor + S15 front end X ugly graphics = an ugly mess.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #16
Zilvia Addict

019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 019
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilly240
I hate redtops in s14s because it doesn't match. Put the same year motor in the same car. I'm anal about that stuff though... to each his own.
then how about keeping the right front end on the right car? not trying to start anything, just making a comment, hehe
Old 12-07-2004, 12:43 PM   #17
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi

I'd still argue the redtop thing tho. There are lots of people that are big believers in the different port design of the redtop, proponent of it seem to all agree that it has better overall flow. *shrug*
Who cares about the flow when your not using it?
Redtops are silly wimpy motors unless they're making over 300 horsies.
I'd rather have the variable timing of the s14 sr anyday...

but yes, that car is a crime against mankind. Nothing wrong with s15 front ends but... theres nothing right with that one.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #18
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not my flavor, but from a business standpoint, hes doing what the media wants. SR is still an SR. Still better then my car.... but I could care less about teckademics, I find thier videos such a bad influence.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:49 PM   #19
mooboy
Zilvia Junkie

mooboy is making a name for him/her selfmooboy is making a name for him/her self
Ouch. Tekademics can't get no love.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #20
madwilly240
Zilvia Junkie

im all for keeping the same front end on the same car... s15 eyes are purrdy to me no matter what tho. I wouldnt do the swap.

I got zenki love, and s14 sr love. I wouldn't put an old motor in a new car.

And he does get lots of attention whenever I've been around. Always a crowd pleaser.... especially since he usually rolls with a couple skylines and (i think an s2000).
Old 12-07-2004, 01:00 PM   #21
meatish
Zilvia Junkie

meatish is a well-known jackass
He can go 'roll' in a pile of shit for all I care. That car just reeks of bad taste. From the front end to the wheels to the color scheme. But whatever its his car.. so long as he rips up those tires im happy. IMO it looks like hes been using too much tire shine tho..
Old 12-07-2004, 01:17 PM   #22
DRO916
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
DRO916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRO916 Send a message via Yahoo to DRO916
i never seen chrome dt-05r's on a car till now, correct my ass if im wrong but looks like he got the 4-lug version
Old 12-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #23
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
dont look like 4 lug to me... the lugs are too close to each other... is this the same guy that owns the bmw m3?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #24
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Those aren't DTs, those are actual Nismos... that he apparently had chromed.
It probably wouldn't be so bad without the green stripe.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #25
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
its so hard to get any love here..
Old 12-07-2004, 02:25 PM   #26
nismo2491
Zilvia FREAK!

nismo2491 is making a name for him/her selfnismo2491 is making a name for him/her self
considering I personally know all them let me hop in here. the car is one of the guys thats real close with teck and rolls with them all the time. guy's name is dan (not mentioning last name) and works for the local nissan dealer (VOB Nissan). at civil war it was being driven by Dado not dan so that may explain why it didn't do too well. as far as track or show car its kinda both, he has a lot of track stuff but mainly he just daily drives it and shows it. there is a lot of authentic NISMO stuff on there and as for the stickers, if you were part of a crew that produced huge movies in the automotive world wouldn't you want to advertise as well?
as far as performance, it ran a 13 something but the clutch went out on the run.
KEvin
Old 12-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #27
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm538
its so hard to get any love here..
Excellent point.
Anyone can criticize, and few here seem to do it in a respectful way, it's not like it's the PMR 240 or anything

Maeda: do you know this guy? how do you know how much power he has? I'm not coming down on you, just curious. I'd assume that even if it was a show car, he'd have a nice big turbo, just for "show" at the very least, judging by the rest of the car anyhow.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #28
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Ditch the stickers and wing and I'd drive it. The blacked out tailights too, come on man you ain't driving a camaro.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #29
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
but I could care less about teckademics, I find thier videos such a bad influence.
At least I'm not the only one. The "rock star street racer" image is just stupid. I dunno, maybe it's different living around here... my first exposure to teckademics anything was seeing Dado do poorly at an autocross in that dakar yellow M3 with the suspension set way too low for function. To his credit, he was a bit faster than me in my GTI, but it was my first autocross and that GTI was a pig.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #30
madwilly240
Zilvia Junkie

I think hes on stock turbo and stock injectors. At least he was 2 months ago when I saw it at tower records in NoVa.

Am I really the only one that digs the color scheme though? I dont think its too bad, but I take into consideration that he's advertising for his boys company. speaking of which... www.torquevm.com . hehe

It is very had to get good criticism on these boards... that car has a lot of money and work into it though, you gotta give it that.
Closed Thread