Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #12721
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
It was a joke dude.

Some light "sport" wheels would have less unsprung mass and he could have had better grip ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
assuming he didn't lock up his brakes.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #12722
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
BUT he wouldn't have to lock his brakes in the first place if the car didn't understeer with said better grip
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #12723
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Or if he wasn't running 215/40s to be hellabroflush.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #12724
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
BUT he wouldn't have to lock his brakes in the first place if the car didn't understeer with said better grip
only thing wheels do for grip is make the tire wider or narrower, or dissapate heat. lateral friction has no effect on wheel weight. wheels don't rotate laterally.

a heavier wheel would be harder to lockup your breaks on.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #12725
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love rocket bunny, soooooooooo much.
Wish a company would make knock off or SOMETHING, 2g+ for fiberglass is not worth it on a track car : P
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #12726
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
only thing wheels do for grip is make the tire wider or narrower, or dissapate heat. lateral friction has no effect on wheel weight. wheels don't rotate laterally.

a heavier wheel would be harder to lockup your breaks on.
looooooooooool ok

go learn about unsprung mass and then come back and tell me that
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #12727
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

go learn about wheels. I know about laws in motion. Newton is my best friend. a front wheel only has friction (of the road (unless you want to include bearing friction)) acting as a force against it. when you turn left....it's the tires friction acting on the road surface....not the rim acting on the tire. while i agree a lighter wheel would be easier to stop...a heavier wheel would be harder to lockup.

turning a wheel left or right only acts upon the steering colums response.....that weight wouldn't justify a crash. there's inflation of the tire, tire depth, tread compound, inner casing of the tire, road surface, as well as brakes.....a wheels weight has very little to do with the response of the driver, momentum, and body roll of a vehicle, as well as outside environmental factors...

go read a fucking physics book. Better yet, go read physics essentals for dummies...it'll teach you the basics.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #12728
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

and just for your amusement

In a ground vehicle with a suspension, the unsprung weight (or the unsprung mass) is the mass of the suspension, wheels or tracks (as applicable), and other components directly connected to them, rather than supported by the suspension. (The mass of the body and other components supported by the suspension is the sprung mass.) Unsprung weight includes the mass of components such as the wheel axles, wheel bearings, wheel hubs, tires, and a portion of the weight of driveshafts, springs, shock absorbers, and suspension links. Even if the vehicle's brakes are mounted outboard (i.e., within the wheel), their weight is still considered part of the unsprung weight.

Effects of Unsprung Weight
The unsprung weight of a wheel controls a trade-off between a wheel's bump-following ability and its vibration isolation. Bumps and surface imperfections in the road cause tire compression—which induces a force on the unsprung weight. The unsprung weight then responds to this force with movement of its own. The amount of movement, for short bumps, is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip and more constant grip when tracking over an imperfect road. For this reason, lighter wheels are sought especially for high-performance applications. In contrast, a heavier wheel which moves less will not absorb as much vibration; the irregularities of the road surface will transfer to the cabin through the geometry of the suspension and hence ride quality and road noise are deteriorated. For longer bumps that the wheels follow, greater unsprung mass causes more energy to be absorbed by the wheels and makes the ride worse.

cause clearly....that amount of weight between one wheel and another...would determine this guy hitting a wall doing 80pmh.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #12729
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry to go off topic, but here's a video of a zenki drifting.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #12730
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

^^^ car looks good man.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #12731
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lol you guys are great.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #12732
lflkajfj12123

lol man you're a real idiot, the answer is right in front of you.

hey man i'm glad you know physics guess what i'm a senior in mechanical engineering at purdue so please get off your high horse

less unsprung mass means the less mass the spring has to act against when pushing the wheel back to the ground. the heavier the wheel the more momentum it has going UP and has a slower time to go back DOWN because the spring has to overcome the momentum. the wheel returning to the ground faster means more grip

you do understand how the basic concept of moment works right physics master?

anyways he was going around a corner fast and lost grip meaning he probably understeered into the light pole

please shut up now it was just a joke and you had to be totally gay about it
Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #12733
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

both of you go to your room without dessert.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #12734
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

it's cool man. I did post it right there....cause it clearly showed the wheel had all the effect of it. I'm saying that the weight of the wheel....didn't have the major effect on it.

fucking high horse. just like engineering a car....there are more factors than just a wheel. I knew what you meant.....you just kept on adding to it.

oh hey...hows that horse over at purdue? senior right...means you do your homework....thanks. Say hi to Tim Sands for me ;x
Old 02-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #12735
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
blitz 03's. he would have stayed on the road, no doubt.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #12736
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
It was a joke dude.
Quote:
Maybe if his wheels weren't knockoffs he wouldn't have crashed...
This has to be the oldest joke on Zilvia since forever...

and you got all dumb about it and started arguing about physics because you don't understand unsprung mass very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
it's cool man. I did post it right there....cause it clearly showed the wheel had all the effect of it. I'm saying that the weight of the wheel....didn't have the major effect on it.

fucking high horse. just like engineering a car....there are more factors than just a wheel. I knew what you meant.....you just kept on adding to it.

oh hey...hows that horse over at purdue? senior right...means you do your homework....thanks. Say hi to Tim Sands for me ;x
I can't tell if you're trying to diss me or not, mainly because it all reads as broken thoughts.

OT:
Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #12737
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
I passed up a great offer on some R33 wheels today...thats making me mad that i did so.
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #12738
lflkajfj12123

I've owned two sets of mint R33 wheels and only to sell them both before getting a chance to mount them!

I regret it every day -___-
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #12739
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

WEll, in that case, if i told you how much i was going to pay for them, id have to kill myself
Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #12740
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kOOpA View Post
both of you go to your room without dessert.
LOL.

what size are those RPF1s? also the requiem for a dream music in that video was a nice touch.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #12741
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasss View Post
WEll, in that case, if i told you how much i was going to pay for them, id have to kill myself
im waiting on my friend to sell me his pair
Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #12742
FantasticVoyages
Leaky Injector

FantasticVoyages is an unknown quantity at this point
Im a Physicist, and in the hospital I work Sportmaxes have been proven to save lives.
FantasticVoyages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #12743
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasss View Post
I passed up a great offer on some R33 wheels today...thats making me mad that i did so.
I'm hoping I can snag them next week.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #12744
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
what size are those RPF1s? also the requiem for a dream music in that video was a nice touch.
17x9.5+18, 17x10+18, 10mm spacers & 235/40/17 tires all around.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #12745
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR View Post
YEah dude, MW seemed way too novice for you the last time i saw you drifting out there. Oh wait...
wtf does me not driving out there have anything to do with how shitty the place is?
you seriously took my comment toooo personally.
relax !

rich(black kouki, white zenki) not giang(gold zenki)
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #12746
gobackwards
Zilvia Member

gobackwards is an unknown quantity at this point
gobackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #12747
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #12748
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post
I'm hoping I can snag them next week.
You better!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #12749
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14fbs View Post
Yeeeeeee, fasho.
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #12750
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
FINALLY. I see someone has realized the sucky-ness of sr's.... just get a 1J. Call it a day.

Lets drop 2k on a motor. Another 2K to build it. Now we're at 4k, with a stock turbo setup still. And still have a shitty block. Why don't you get a motor that won't have to be built to handle your power goals in the first place? Seems pretty logical to me... Oh. And of course you know, the rb/1j/lsx all have gobs more torque than a sr. Or even ka-t.
I'll take an RB over a 1J in my case. Parts for RBs out here are easy to find compared to 1JZs. Plus I've seen enough RB25s out here make 600whp, stock bottom end with just a HG, cams, injectors, manifold with a Holset turbos and PFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezly_s13 View Post
as many times as i've been to bullring i never knew there was a pole there!! but i like nago circuit more...damn i miss okinawa
Its a ninja pole...Mike round it a couple months ago.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote