Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #31
89cpe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
89cpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 89cpe
this thread is the reason i never post anymore in any forums, WOW!
89cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #32
Id RaThEr DrIfT
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Id RaThEr DrIfT is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha i could have sworn i just talked about the same thing search buddy!!!!!
but look i just got poped also .. ... give me some money haha and ill have a sheriff sign it off he said he could do it so why not give it a try .... haha also im just gonna wait till the ticket comes in and then go to the court show them my ticket witen off by a cop (sheriff) he/she likes it cool if not either way im not pulling the motor i heard u could just pay a fine and walk away ... but next time u get pulled over thers very high chances of getting it impounded so i heard so yeah ....
Old 09-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #33
Id RaThEr DrIfT
Zilvia Addict

hey guys maybe this has been talked about and i just re stated search button but too lazy but quick question if i have a stock exh. just get a quick time open down pipe the one u open with a switch , so basickly all the cop will see and hear is a stock exh.. can i refuse to pop my hood if he doesnt have any reasone to no exh no stickers no tint nothing...... just a quick question just simply answer it and dont flame away
Old 09-10-2006, 02:22 AM   #34
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
technically if its stock, you can refuse because there is no probable cause that the engine has been modded, it is a stock exhaust. you can refuse to pop it.

the most he can give you from what i understand is a exhaust ticket if the downpipe cutout is open, and thats for a loud exhaust.

thats how it should be, but a lot of cops will probly threaten to impoud the car and shit if u dont pop the hood. or try to write u up on some other reidculous bullshit.
just remember if they peek in the interior and see a guage, thats probable cause.

theres a lot of things that can be PC so just because u have stock exhaust dont mean ur safe.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:26 AM   #35
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i always tell people not to get those shiny grape fruit shooters for their cars.. i really see them serve absolutely no purpose.. they are all the same chit.. hang way too low.. scrape up every driveway, every bump.. and look like a reflective mirror.. this is for the CA people.. other states.. well if you can get a way with it.. whatever floats your boat then.. anyways, to clear your ticket do the following.. sell the car to someone you know.. put a date like 3 weeks before the time you got the ticket.. that should cost you no more then $25 buck.. this is all of course after and if the ticket comes in, then go to judge and explain car was sold before you had gotten pulled over.. he will just make you pay the fine "around $300-400" and you're done.. transfer it back to yourself.. yes its expensive but at the same time it isnt what you would have to do to make it pass at the ref.. hope you learned a lesson now with your shiny muffler!!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #36
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
i dont wanna get flamed for being a thread jacker but if you have a sr what is a good exhaust to get one that dose'nt get alot of cops attention???
Old 09-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #37
Id RaThEr DrIfT
Zilvia Addict

they all get cops attention hks hi power is very silent but big!!!!! rsr is silent but if the cop wants to be a dick its still a modified exh he will pop u just do what im gonna do a quick time open down pipe ... with a stock exh. not loud unless u open it
Old 09-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #38
Id RaThEr DrIfT
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg
i always tell people not to get those shiny grape fruit shooters for their cars.. i really see them serve absolutely no purpose.. they are all the same chit.. hang way too low.. scrape up every driveway, every bump.. and look like a reflective mirror.. this is for the CA people.. other states.. well if you can get a way with it.. whatever floats your boat then.. anyways, to clear your ticket do the following.. sell the car to someone you know.. put a date like 3 weeks before the time you got the ticket.. that should cost you no more then $25 buck.. this is all of course after and if the ticket comes in, then go to judge and explain car was sold before you had gotten pulled over.. he will just make you pay the fine "around $300-400" and you're done.. transfer it back to yourself.. yes its expensive but at the same time it isnt what you would have to do to make it pass at the ref.. hope you learned a lesson now with your shiny muffler!!
hey thats interesting but lets say the car aint even under my name yet i just bought it 2 weeks ago i got pulled over a week from buying the car what to do now??? till this day i have not registered the car ... lmk any help will be great kinda intresting
Old 09-10-2006, 11:25 AM   #39
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Id RaThEr DrIfT
hey thats interesting but lets say the car aint even under my name yet i just bought it 2 weeks ago i got pulled over a week from buying the car what to do now??? till this day i have not registered the car ... lmk any help will be great kinda intresting
Well you could go to the judge and explain you do not even own the car, i.e. you were test driving it and had no idea about it. He will most likey toss the ticket out completely.
On the exhaust tip and this is for Cali people. All you have to do is run a stock looking muffler out the back and the cops are not going to blink twice or pull you over.
I have stated this before, I have a ST May 3.25 mandrel bent system with a Magnaflow 3 inch inlet dual tip out on the back of it. Looks almost stock from the rear, enough so cops will not catch it.
Hybrid-eg has a Circuit sport dual tip another good way to go as well because it looks close to stock out the rear.
Main thing to remember is, not crazy loud and somewhat stock looking out the rear. In my opinion large single tips do not look stock and both HKS hi power and RSR Ex Mag fall into that catagory.

Cops don't just pull over for noise they also pull over for what it looks like. I have heard of guys getting popped because their intercoolers were completely visable upfront as well. Thats the other thing to do disguise your intercooler.
Put a black scree in front of it, paint with black radiator paint.
Trick here is to make the the main things they would pull you over for not nearly as blatant.

P.S. I loved my Buddy Club Spec II exhaust,but it made my car roar like I was at the track. A little but to much for street driving and a audible magnet for cops.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #40
Id RaThEr DrIfT
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Well you could go to the judge and explain you do not even own the car, i.e. you were test driving it and had no idea about it. He will most likey toss the ticket out completely.
okay but the person i purchased it from it wont affect that persone will it??? and u dont think he will be like o well u should of knon best? u know nm ill just try it with it signed off by a sheriff see what happends hopefully everythingg goes well thanx for the advise
Old 09-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #41
gorgasm
Zilvia Addict

gorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to gorgasm
shit your in corona, whered they bust you?
gorgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #42
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Id RaThEr DrIfT
okay but the person i purchased it from it wont affect that persone will it??? and u dont think he will be like o well u should of knon best? u know nm ill just try it with it signed off by a sheriff see what happends hopefully everythingg goes well thanx for the advise

If the ticket gets tossed its tossed. no more ticket. period.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #43
Id RaThEr DrIfT
Zilvia Addict

thats tight well november is my court date see what happends thanx for the info bro.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #44
SoCalSilvia
Zilvia Addict

SoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to SoCalSilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
California wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for the East Coast. Ever heard of the Revolutionary War?
gold rush? lol
SoCalSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #45
ramblux
Zilvia Addict

ramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSilvia
gold rush? lol

Grapes of Wrath anyone? haha

ok, ok, no flamage. haha
ramblux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #46
driftkid316
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
driftkid316 is making a name for him/her selfdriftkid316 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftkid316
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgasm
shit your in corona, whered they bust you?
haha its me johnny.got popped right by my house, by skyline. i need to get your exhaust lol
driftkid316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #47
gorgasm
Zilvia Addict

gorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to gorgasm
how the hell did that happen?
noone even goes up there.
gorgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #48
GlacierFreeze
Zilvia Member

GlacierFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Did he ask for your vehicle registration? If so, I'm sure it said you owned the car....

PS: I think for now on if you live in CA, then you should not be allowed to rant about being popped by the police. hahahaha damn.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #49
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Thumbs down

Dude alll I gotta say is that you just need to not drive like a jackass (that includes reving higher than 3.5) and just lay back. so oyu got SR woopee everyone and their mother has SR20 now just chill. I've been driving my car everyday to school and everywhere else (work, Friends house, out to eat, post office) and I have not gotten poped. now I got good resons for getting pulled over (Right Hand Drive, SIlvia Front end, Sr20, HKS Carbon Ti and a Big ass Front Mount) yet I don;t get bothered by cops simply because I don't drive like an Idiot on the street aka Drifting, Racing, Spirited Drives etc... so just leave your raging Boostaholic Hormones for the track or passing someone in the freeway. my $.02

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #50
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
^+1
Until recently I had been daily driving SR powered cars for about 4 years and never had a problem. Drive with the flow of traffic, don't zig zag in the freeway to impress that kid in his Honda, stay around 3k rpm and you'll be fine.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #51
dorifto-san4o8
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

dorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe
Dude alll I gotta say is that you just need to not drive like a jackass (that includes reving higher than 3.5) and just lay back. so oyu got SR woopee everyone and their mother has SR20 now just chill. I've been driving my car everyday to school and everywhere else (work, Friends house, out to eat, post office) and I have not gotten poped. now I got good resons for getting pulled over (Right Hand Drive, SIlvia Front end, Sr20, HKS Carbon Ti and a Big ass Front Mount) yet I don;t get bothered by cops simply because I don't drive like an Idiot on the street aka Drifting, Racing, Spirited Drives etc... so just leave your raging Boostaholic Hormones for the track or passing someone in the freeway. my $.02
maybe in socal thats fine but not anymore in norcal. all 3 times ive been pulled over in the past few months i was either at a stoplight or driving a little under speed limit around or below 3500 rpm. once i got pulled over while i was waiting at the light and there was roadrage going on next to me and the cop and he still decides to pull me over instead of those idiots fighting. its a joke mang
dorifto-san4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:29 AM   #52
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I agree. Nowadays it has nothing to do with the way you are driving. People get popped for having a car that doesn't look stock. If you don't wanna get popped, look stock. That's all there is to it.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #53
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe
nice car and cool street setup, but your car just looks too old for a cop to care. Im not dissing, but im sure your car appears to be way under the "illegal parts" look.

During day time its cool.. during night its another story, they will pull you over becuase its a friday/saturday night if a cop happens to pull up behind you because "your up to something" during these times.. but they should be lookin out for all the crap crimes we got goin out here in socal.

It happens when you unexpect it, so please lets lay off the "dont drive like a ricer thats why you got pulled over!" remarks when we dont know how he was driving.

Ethnic and age play a big roll as to why you get pulled over as well, its up to the cop's hate or background experience with said vehicles.

oh and dont put stupid shit like this on your car lmao
Old 09-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #54
Buffalo Daughter
Zilvia Addict

Buffalo Daughter will become famous soon enoughBuffalo Daughter will become famous soon enoughBuffalo Daughter will become famous soon enough
Not to thread jack on this thread or anything but san jose coppers are seriously on folks. I reside on the east side of san jose but live in berryessa/milpitas. I have gotten told to pull over at a light twice and when i asked why they told me for my exhaust and because of the fact that im one of those folks who try to drift around the streets and such. Both instances i had to pop my hood and i told him to take all the time he needs. Both times let go and both a waste of time. All these super newbies and wannabe ass hardcore street racers really REAlly get the heat on other folks nowadays. Sucks man. i can only count on prolly 1 in the last five years i was pulled over for an upgraded part but not for being some wannabe asshole streetdrifter. WACK.

- back on topic. hahahahha Your thread still makes me laugh. It's just super funny that in the second you own this you get ass fucked but the police for you SR and then complain about it. It's one of those you've been warned deals.