Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #31
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
^^^^^ so true. what bulbs are you running there?

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #32
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i sold my silvia front just because i couldnt see... plus flipup aero=sex

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #33
xxxjovaxxx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
xxxjovaxxx is on the path to ruinxxxjovaxxx is on the path to ruinxxxjovaxxx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13

let truth be told. (i will speak from experience with these)

VISIBILITY-WISE
flip-up H4 conversion > S13 projectors > S13 bricks

SEX-WISE
the car is just too sexy regardless!!

buy H4 conversion housings for your flip-up lights, these are as bright as you can get. especially by popping in aftermarket HIDs. light is reflected everywhere, but who cares! better visibility = safer driving!! lol

next (a little less bright than your flip-up lights) sits the S13 projector lights. the cut off on these does go the wrong way, BUT it is distinct AND better than dual bricks. then again, do what i did, get a set of HIDs for each projector

and finally, bricks are like seriously. i was running an HID in each reflector and it still didnt compare to my projectors running one set of lights. light output SUCKS ON BRICKS. but they are goddamn sexy!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #34
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
ps: A pair of Cibie H4 headlamps with good quality bulbs is MORE than what most people need. HID isnt really a necessity.
It's ashame that car looks wack though.

^_^

I have to, because you're you.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #35
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
It's ashame that car looks wack though.

^_^

I have to, because you're you.
why sky_lar...

why you treat me so bad.

tear.............................
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #36
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
he has to cuz he doesn;t see his own car at night! hahahahahaha

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #37
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismornr View Post
^^^^^ so true. what bulbs are you running there?
philips d2s...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #38
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismornr View Post
he has to cuz he doesn;t see his own car at night! hahahahahaha
That's why I have a Miata! I would never take my car out at night in So Cal, first second I park it and it'd get stolen.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #39
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
What I was talking about doing is my version of the clearcorners pop up projectors but using audi a6's instead of theirs.

Boost Coming soon...
twofortyrida1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #40
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
The SQUIDD rules so much.
holy fuck

that car is tits on top of tits.

whats better than BRICKS?
BRICKS with one blacked out.

yeah!!

posi rep
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #41
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
Anybody know anything about these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Raybr...QQcmdZViewItem

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #42
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
I cant stand any S13 lighting... even popups. Always seem to be crappy. S2k HID yeah now that I love... I can see everything so easy, not a single problem at all.

Another reason why S14 lighting is best?
Well I got bricks and hell do you really need
Super bright headlights i mean i can see
everything just fine at night.C'mon there headlights that are
over 15 yrs old.Not off an 00+ s2k
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
you're 21.

shuttup.

thanks.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #44
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah.

Geriatrics need more light on the road to drive. Cataracts yaknow.
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #45
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
you're 21.

shuttup.

thanks.
Sir yes sir.I was told to respect the ELDERLY.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #46
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
Not necessarily super bright. Putting super bright bulbs in the brinks wont do shit. It's the beam pattern and output that sucks.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #47
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by twofortyrida1388 View Post
Plastic junk. Get Hella or Cibie units. The Hellas are only about $90 and WAY better than stock. Cibie are a little better, from what I here, but I am very pleased with the Hella E-codes I have.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #48
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

what bulbs do you run with the e-codes? Got a pic with the lights on and off? Thanks.

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #49
Kyosuke
Leaky Injector

Kyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymore
I got tripple beams on my car and they point to the floor ~_^ i just turn on my highs and my "supplemental highs" ? lol w/e and they shoot straight foward andi have no problems. I still would like to put the usdm projector and Hids though with the clear housing but doing all that gets expensive. I figured it out one day and it cost like 1,000+ to have everything done im also including turning signal lighting too,those can be made to be really really bright looks cool imo
Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:25 PM   #50
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

I can get the whole conversion w/ bricks for 600 but from what I heard its gonna cost a few extra hundred to retro some usdm projectors.

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #51
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I got bricks. I can give you 1 piece of advice. The stock connectors SUCK. The wires seem like they are too small a gauge. when I got my front end, I broke one of the connectors, so I strait wired up the drivers side light with some slightly larger gauge wire and female wire connectors (kinda look like flat sleeves, i dont know what theyre actually called) Then I retrofitted the old plastic housing to accomodate them. Anyhow, that one is pretty bright. The other one on the stock connector is still dim. Im thinking about doing the same to that one. Ive had no problems with wires or bulb burning out or anything, and no problem with water. I used shrinky-dink sleeves though.

6 Months after that and I still havent adjusted the headlight aim... That could help too.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #52
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
A pair of Cibie H4 headlamps with good quality bulbs is MORE than what most people need. HID isnt really a necessity.
x2. I had the Cibie H4 housings on my s13 and they were amazing. Some asshat came and stole em though. Bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #53
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Bricks or projectors, they're both going to look ugly on a hatchback.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 AM   #54
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Bricks or projectors, they're both going to look ugly on a hatchback.
As much as i want to disagree, I cant. I have a silvia front end on my hatch, but only because I was in a rear ender, and my shit was all sorts of SNAFU. Its a real shame too. I had just fixed a big dent in my hood and drivers side fender and was getting ready to buy a CA18DET front clip. Unless your front end is screwed up, i'd say you'd be better off spending that 600 or so dollars on something that can help your performance.

JWT ECU, or
Tokico shocks and struts, or
header and exhaust
Camshafts

the list is pretty much endless. Besides, the chuki hatch looks sexy already IMO.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote