Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #31
nani
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
nani is making his/her stupidity well-knownnani is making his/her stupidity well-knownnani is making his/her stupidity well-knownnani is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the tach sucks, its slow for some reason
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #32
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismostate View Post
sounds like the gauges are crap after 1 yr?
i had two temp sensors, and a boost sensor go out
and ive only driven the car for like 6 months

and the water temp, oil temp, boost gauge are new
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #33
nismostate
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (3)
nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nismostate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuastyle84 View Post
i have stri's(boost,oil pressure, and fuel pressure) in my coupe and i like them alot...+rep for them
how long have you had them and which line of stri's do you have?
damnit, there are way too many mixed reviews on prosports. anymore prosport owners thats had them longer than a year chime in?
yokotas13 did you have the premium gauges?
nismostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #34
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i had mine for a few months now and they seem to hold up just fine. I have the water temp gauge.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #35
k0uki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (47)
k0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
nice review, i think ill just get some autometers now
k0uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #36
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
nice post. thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #37
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my autometer boost gauge read funny too. idk what thats all about. im buying these anyway though. a few Evo guys i know have them and they like them alot... defi is sweet but it doesn't fit into my budget.
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #38
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Prosports are trash.

Watch or Datalog your runs with a Consult or with an EMS. You'll see what I mean. Inconsistancy, +/- 15 degree difference and a 2 psi difference versus the MAP sensor in the EMS.

For a stock car that simply needs gauges to keep an eye out, i'd say why not. For a car makign any sort of big power, that needs to be reliable, i say look elsewhere.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #39
nismostate

nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
hmm now im leaning towards autometer sport compact 2. not flashy and all but im assuming its more accurate/
can't be bustin out the laptop after every run just to check everytihng.

i want to see more stri reviews..
Old 06-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #40
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
Tried them just cause I got them free to test,

Not worth the hassle of installing them, OP sensor died in 2 weeks, egt sensor dies after a month.

Threw them out and put in defis and as always, flawless.
Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones......
Old 06-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #41
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Defi's FTW
I picked up the Blue ones in Oki
Sensors are nice and compact
Easiest wiring I ever had to do
pretty much perfect lenght wires with little extra

Perfect Visability even in direct sunlight
I'd buy nothin else.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #42
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My prosport with warning have been working strong since last year. Turns on everytime and they're loud as heck.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 AM   #43
nismostate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift into a curb View Post
My prosport with warning have been working strong since last year. Turns on everytime and they're loud as heck.

which gauges do you have? if i was to get prosport, i want all the premium ones..

everyone giving bad reviews, were you using prosport premium gauges or the cheaper model?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #44
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
I have the cheaper model water temp and oil press.

They are fine. Not great, but worth the like $30 a pop I paid for them.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #45
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have the electric oil pressure and water temp 52mm blue gauges. I've had them over a year and they are still working strong.

I'm contemplating getting the boost gauge...just can't decide on mechanical or electric.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #46
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
I hate mine

still haven't bothered putting them in after taking them out to paint the mounting panel.

Oil press is already going out.

Need to get some better joints over the winter.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #47
Exas Spec D
Zilvia Junkie

Exas Spec D is on a distinguished road
I have searched everywhere. If you can link me to a tutorial on how to wire up these electrical gauges, I would appreciate it. So far, I hooked up my boost gauge, but when I splice my water temp/oil temp/oil press gauge to same source, all my gauges dim. Like it's not receiving enough voltage or something.

Where should I splice?

(Flamesuit on)
Exas Spec D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #48
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i hooked up my gauges through the radio harness and they work just fine. i had 3 of em connected in my s13 and now i have 5 gauges hooked up through the radio harness just fine on my track s14.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #49
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
im sponsored by them and have bought multiple gauges heres pics at night and day of mine

ive be using them for like 2 years now

ill post other stuff later

ive had these for 6 mths or so , others ive had about 2 years all working great
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #50
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
good write up man! i have the pro sport gauges in my s14 and they work great, deffinately a good buy for the price, and i plan on putting these in my subaru as well!!
240sxdriftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #51
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about

zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #52
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
ah i just sold my defi's and am in the market for some BF ones...but was double thinking it because of the price and was going to cheap out and buy prosport/stri

i think i'll suck it up and buy the defis...
Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #53
comablack783
Leaky Injector

comablack783 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irukandji View Post
Megan gauges are horrible. I got them for free from a shop that was going out of business, so I was fortunate to not waste a single penny on that garbage.
Here's an unbiased review (most reviews are from people who don't wanna feel bad about buying shit, so they say all the positives).

Here we go.

1. LED is weak, the stock gauge cluster is brighter than the gauges at night.
2. Cheap smoked lens reflects sunlight like a mirror and its absolutely impossible to read during the day. I emailed Phase2 regarding this issue and they say most of their customers have complained about the samething.
3. The sensors that come with them (specifically the oil pressure sender) does not fit on our cars, so you need to buy a sender from autometer (what I did) or some other bullshit.
4. Once the sensor was installed, the readings were totally inaccurate. The Megan oil pressure gauge read 40-80psi (Defi read 20-100psi depending on where my rpm was).
5. The gauge housings are plastic cheap shit that scratches so easily.
6. I would rather run no gauge than be fooled by Megan gauges.
7. The water temp gauge read about 20degrees off compared to Defi's.
8. Did I mention they were garbage?

Seriously guys, if you're cheap and you want gauges, go with Autometer or something that actually has a reputation. I'm not saying they're good, but they're infinetly better than Megans/Circuit Sports bullshit.
+1

I dont get why ppl buy "cheap" poorly made gauges when you could buy OEM quality gauges for about the same price or less. VDO has been making OEM instrument clusters for years! they also make gauges in a variety of sizes that are back lit (side lit gauges look like crap IMO). I got my 3 gauges for a little over $140 shipped with the senders from 42 draft design and they compliment the stock cluster .

comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #54
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
so im resurecting this from the dead with a few questions

has Prosport improved there shoty work with there loud stepper motor and cheap plastic?

anyone here able ot actually compare the STRi DSD (not Xline) gauges to say Defi or AEM?

im at the point that im going to buy gauges
wtr temp, oil temp, oil press, EGT, volt.

since i already have a UEGo i was thinkking fuck it go with AEM and have all digital, i could also pick up a matching true boost gauge/boost controller while im at it...

but iv'e been consider STRI's DSD's for a while now...

anyone have any updated reviews on the above mentioned gauges?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote