Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #31
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Enjuku is IMO #1 in customer service.
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #32
jonsparrow
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jonsparrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@guys from enjuku

i dont know how it broke or anything. he sent that pic to my cell phone and said "isis turbo elbow". i havnt heard from him sense.

like i said i have a ton of isis products waiting to be installed. so i fully support an trust them.
jonsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #33
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
EnjukuBG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35_S13_Coupe View Post
Bump for ken at enjuku! Excellent customer service. I recieve better service from them than I have working with PBM.. and to me customer service is a big deal. Give Ken a raise! lol
The boss can't get a raise. Tell him to give me one! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Old 12-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #34
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
Maybe we should have a vote and see who everyone thinks should get a raise at Enjuku.. ahhahahaha

Ken
[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #35
slambarsoldier

slambarsoldier is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to slambarsoldier
Pat should get a raise! HE'S RAD! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #36
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

Newtypex is an unknown quantity at this point
Putting in all new aftermarket arms isn't an upgrade. Z
Newtypex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #37
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtypex View Post
Putting in all new aftermarket arms isn't an upgrade. Z
Aftermarket arms that are adjustable isn't an upgrade?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #38
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

Only one that I could ever justify needing is the upper control arm to fix camber from lowering the car. Though being a fabricator I extend my own. Heim joints are not practical for street application. Considering this guy is probably not racing his car for a professional team and trying to shave seconds off his lap time, I'd say they are a waste of money. Stock arms work great and if one is that picky, change the old bushings to new ones. Save money and put it where it is better suited.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #39
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
^

dont feel like looking for a "cool story bro" gif
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #40
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
you need upper camber arms AND toe rods to change camber chief.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #41
sileight_04
Zilvia Member

sileight_04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sileight_04 Send a message via Yahoo to sileight_04
I own a shop and we are an isis dealer. Before becoming an isis dealer we purchased multiple products and installed them on our personal vehicles and customer vehicles for our own form of testing just to see if it was all too good to be true. . . .it wasnt and isnt.

We have put the isis arms imparticular through multiple drift competitions, time attack events, as well as over a year of daily driving out here in the sandy texas desert. We have never had any squeaking or binding issues in this time or through these extremes. Upon installing the arms we did lubricate the joints as you are supposed to with 90% of joints be them oem or aftermarket. One of the first vehicles we installed the arms on which is daily driven and daily harrassed was on the lift for some routine maintenance a couple weeks ago and upon giving it a once over the arms were all checked and we still in tip top shape, not even requiring a cleaning or lube.

I have used multiple arms on the 5 s-chassis i have owned as well as on customer s-chassis and other chassis, from ikeya, spl, kazama, battle version, megan, nagisa, circuit sports, fortune auto, stance, powered by max. After personally inspecting and using all of the brands i just listed, i would only rate 4 of them as higher quality, but they are out of the isis price range by decent amounts, some leaps and bounds above isis. Isis are by far an amazing arm for the price, as all of their products are.

We stand behind isis a a great parts manufacturer just as much as enjuku and isis themselves.
sileight_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #42
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Quote:
Only one that I could ever justify needing is the upper control arm to fix camber from lowering the car.
Once you install the RUCA if your car is low and you adjust camber you will notice that your toe will be way out of spec, and to get it back in spec you would need toe rods.

Also adding caster in the front of the vehicle can greatly change the steering feel of the car

And by adjusting traction rod length you can greatly alter the camber and caster curves through the suspensions range of movement.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #43
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Only one that I could ever justify needing is the upper control arm to fix camber from lowering the car. Though being a fabricator I extend my own. Heim joints are not practical for street application. Considering this guy is probably not racing his car for a professional team and trying to shave seconds off his lap time, I'd say they are a waste of money. Stock arms work great and if one is that picky, change the old bushings to new ones. Save money and put it where it is better suited.
That didn't answer my question haha. Regardless of street or race car. Its still an upgrade. Everyone has their own opinions as to what is necessary. IF you're only putting RUCA's on cars without adjustable toe rods, you most likely eat tires up.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #44
gallo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gallo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
isis is ok for the money . . most of the parts i have are isis . . the suspension is good for a while but now both my rear shocks are leaking and not really getting shop support. . my s14 is starting to leak in the rear as well. . i just daily drive both of them and they have not even been driven that much cause i was deployed for about 7 months. . hope none of the engine parts fail on me . . but again for the money is ok. . i would save my money and try fortune if i could start over on suspension though
Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #45
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
So me, with no welding experience. It is more cost effective to have parts modified then buying arms for a couple hundred. Not to mention once you fab the stock arm how you want it you also don't have adjust-ability to change set-up. So then if i do want to change the arms i pay someone how much, twice?
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #46
GBREEZY69

GBREEZY69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Isis ftw!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallo View Post
isis is ok for the money . . most of the parts i have are isis . . the suspension is good for a while but now both my rear shocks are leaking and not really getting shop support. . my s14 is starting to leak in the rear as well. . i just daily drive both of them and they have not even been driven that much cause i was deployed for about 7 months. . hope none of the engine parts fail on me . . but again for the money is ok. . i would save my money and try fortune if i could start over on suspension though

I have been using ISIS coil overs for almost a year. I have never had any problems with my coils what so ever. I have been running the rear full hard for the last eight months in the rear..... still no leaking and no issues what so ever. Just saying. As for the Isis Arm kit I bought them 9 months ago been running the hell out of them on a consistent basis. So I def believe you get more than what you pay for. I highly recommend ISIS.

As for Mr. Gallo, You have never been deployed nor do you understand what a deployment means.... I mean if you consider AIR FORCE BASIC TRAINING AND AIT AS A "DEPLOYMENT" Then I guess you have been deployed. I know we have only been drifting one time together... U never once complained about ISIS suspension components Nor have u said anything about leaking. So do yourself a favor make sure you state facts not FICTITIOUS ARTIFICIAL BS.... Have a nice day

As for your engine parts, I know for a fact you beat the shit out of your car... I know I do. Any motor can have the possibly of failing no matter where you got it from. Mechanically all motors will eventually fail, It's a given. ESP if YOU BEAT YOUR CAR AT DRIFT EVENTS,(or daily) what could you possibly expect??? I know we have only been drifting one time together... U never once complained about ISIS suspension components

So once I get my motor I will def beat the shit out it, but i will def make sure it is properly maintenance at the "local shop" since I have amazing shop support.

Dear Mr. Gallo,

"PS TRY NOT TO OVERHEAT IT AGAIN...AGAIN...AGAIN."
GBREEZY69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #47
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey enjuku do you still have that s13 isis arms package and what all is included, everything for the front and back?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #48
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

You need toe rods to adjust toe.. My car is not slammed to an unfunctional level. I track my car. The stock cams on the other arms work fine.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #49
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You need toe rods to adjust toe.. My car is not slammed to an unfunctional level. I track my car. The stock cams on the other arms work fine.
you have no idea what you're talking about.

my car is stupid low and my isis arms have been fine, i drive it every day, with stupid stiff coils and a stupid welded diff and they have been awesome to me.
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #50
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
hey enjuku do you still have that s13 isis arms package and what all is included, everything for the front and back?
The arm package includes Front Tension rods, Rear Toe Rods, Rear Traction Rods and Rear upper control arms.

thanks
Ken
[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #51
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
I then waited for Enjuku's black friday sell and picked up all SPL for dirt cheap. Let me tell you just holding these parts in my hand I knew they were quality parts. The ends are high quality and with those hybrid adjusters and titanium nuts makes the arms that much better. I have yet to throw them on my car, but will do so this weekend.

Also what a lot of people don't know about SPL is that they have a loyalty program, which means when they come out with a newer version you simply give them your old arms and you get the new versions for 45% off. Also SPL arms are made in America not some random chinese warehouse or where ever competitors arms are made.

my 2 cents.

moral of my post- Buy it once cry once.
Damnit I forgot about their Black Friday Sale! I don't wanna pay full price for things.
NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #52
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
ordered through enjuku......spl FTW
Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #53
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
so would need to buy inner and outer tie rods seperatly?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #54
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
so would need to buy inner and outer tie rods seperatly?
For SPL yes, SPL only sells outter tie rods to be used with another manufacturers inner tie rods, they do not currently make their own inner tie rods... Here are fitment instructions direct from SPL's website.

Quote:
240SX with stock knuckles: Use with OEM 300ZX (Z32) inner tie rods or Tein 350Z (Z33) inner tie rods only.

240SX with modified (increased steering angle) knuckles: Use with S14 inner tie rods (OEM, Tein, Ikeya Formula, etc).
We are glad you guys are liking the SPL arms and we are very excited for their new product offerings in the future.