Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #31
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
scir16v, Koguchi is not running AllRounds lights on his 180, he is running Ab-Flug Grim Lights. I thought about purchasing the same lights for my car, only 2 problems. #1.) They cost $1200+ #2.) The light output is less then desirable. Hopefully if I get mine built I can solve both problems.

Koguchi's Car

Ab-Flug Grim Lights
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #32
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdcowboy
If you read to the end of the thread, he says he got one done completely, recessed properly. I can't remember if he said he got the other one done, but he said he was going to do it "tomorrow."

On a side note....damn I want those Hellas.............
but if you read it carefully, he said that he could close it buy hand! I was wondering if when he shut his lights off if it still went back down?
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:38 PM   #33
scir16v
Zilvia Member

scir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of light
ok, so he used to.

Here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 180sxkoguchi.jpg (49.4 KB, 66 views)
Old 12-15-2004, 06:23 PM   #34
JH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
JH is making a name for him/her selfJH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx
i want to do the same thing but i want my pop-ups to be able to fully close! Did Halo find a way to fix his pop-ups to finally close?
All you have to do is shorten the headlight actuator rod by "x" amount, and then shorten the double-hinged-reciprocating arm by the same "x" amount. At that point, the max closing and max opening of the light resides at 180 deg from each other much like the stock set up, except the height of the popup is lowered by "2x" now.

The rod is double threaded with a lock nut, which means you can shorten it without trouble up to a point. After that you just cut off more of the threaded portion and screw back the ball joint for more lowering adjustment. With the double-hinged-reciprocating arm, however, you will need to cut and weld...there is no way around that one.

After those two mods, your headlight will move up and down much like stock, all without the need of aftermarket headlight controller like Pivot.
JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #35
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scir16v
ok, so he used to.

Here's a pic.
wrong, those are just sleepy eyes, DAWG.

your bad
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:34 PM   #36
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe
make one of these

Those are defenitely my favorite S13 light convo. I was gonna try to describe them, but fortunately, you did it a better way.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:37 PM   #37
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
wrong, those are just sleepy eyes, DAWG.

your bad

actually its not
custom setup.
thats the max height they went up.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:52 PM   #38
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Im diggin the flush (one on Miata) lights, and thats one less damn thing to brake on your car(headlight motors) and less drag at higher speeds.
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:38 PM   #39
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
actually its not
custom setup.
thats the max height they went up.
the point was they weren't what he said they were... Mr. technical.

and if they LOOK like sleepy eyes as far as i'm concerned they ARE sleepy eyes.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:45 PM   #40
s13nismo83

s13nismo83 is an unknown quantity at this point
What you say about these light´s?
These are HOMEMADE!!!!
s13nismo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #41
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
"These are HOMEMADE!!!!"

...and they look it.
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:02 AM   #42
JH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
JH is making a name for him/her selfJH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_s13
"These are HOMEMADE!!!!"

...and they look it.
that's all good...that's what a hobby is all about. half the fun is trying things and making it work.
JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:33 AM   #43
scir16v
Zilvia Member

scir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of lightscir16v is a glorious beacon of light
Actually if you look closer, The headlight is only as high as the popup goes, so it's very similar.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #44
old_s13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH
that's all good...that's what a hobby is all about. half the fun is trying things and making it work.
like putting skyline tail lights on a civic?
Old 12-16-2004, 03:10 AM   #45
sideviewcivic
BANNED

sideviewcivic has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to sideviewcivic
Another similar kit is made by Taitec for the NSX. In the kit they use HID wide-beam flat fog lights with a lexan lens for protection and aero shape as an upgrade. Frankly I want a kit to eliminate drag. Some people say why bother, but if it makes a 3-7% change in better aero coefficient im all for it. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...ed_headlights/ Just use some epoxy sealant and your good to go. Sure the kit is offrad use only, but how many of us use offroad products on the street. BEWARE, oncoming traffic will be like a lynch mob on you.
sideviewcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:08 AM   #46
s13nismo83

s13nismo83 is an unknown quantity at this point
@old_s13...so you buy all the parts that you like and take your car to a mechanic to put it in (this is very difficult) ?

I have seen the light´s on a drift car at clearcorners.com but i don´t have 1200$ for them so i built them in the same style but my light´s only i have and that´s the important thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kouki front.JPG (25.8 KB, 54 views)
s13nismo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #47
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
^^^^
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #48
Hondamatic
Zilvia Member

Hondamatic will become famous soon enoughHondamatic will become famous soon enoughHondamatic will become famous soon enoughHondamatic will become famous soon enough
i dont see how you guys can drive with those, i would be scared flying down some dark backroad with foglights as headlights
Hondamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #49
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
yeah, the OEM lights were designed and produced for a reason...if they were THAT bad, they wouldnt have been released...

if you honestly think you need more light...just add some fog lights to your lower bumper as to not bling unsuspecting motorists...

unless of course you can shell out for clear corners (which are fuckin awesome IMO)
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:47 PM   #50
twitchy
Zilvia FREAK!

twitchy is an unknown quantity at this point
i want some ridiculously bright set of fog lamps or driving lamps or whatever to go in the airdam thing in front of the rad on mine. Something dangerously bright, something so bright, that when i turn them on, oncoming traffic bursts into flames

any ideas?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #51
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
yeah, the OEM lights were designed and produced for a reason...if they were THAT bad, they wouldnt have been released...

if you honestly think you need more light...just add some fog lights to your lower bumper as to not bling unsuspecting motorists...

unless of course you can shell out for clear corners (which are fuckin awesome IMO)

Are you serious?!? I really, really hope this is sarcasm.

If not, #1) You have never ever driven a S13 with sealed beam headlights. Those pieces of shit were designed at least 80 years ago, and are made for cheapness/planned replacement rather than anything else. Try using your OEM logic a bit more and ponder why the OEM has stepped up to H4s, then to projectors, now to HIDs.
#2) Upgrading to projectors from Hella, a leader of the lighting industry for years will be 10 times more effective than adding some generic pep boys foglights. The projectors have an actual beam pattern that was created to light the road and not piss off other drivers. The glare from foglights is far more likely to blind oncoming motorists.

I have driven with Hella's 90mm projectors at night, on germany's autobahn, with the speedometer pegged for 4 hours. Needless to say, I was impressed, and would gladly pick the lighting output of these over my current H4 conversions + aux driving lights.

Again, I hope I am just misreading sarcasm.

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:33 PM   #52
old_s13
BANNED

Actually, both of you guys made good points.

f they were THAT bad, they wouldnt have been released...

Not really, there are minimum requirements but its hard to say, certain cars like the Camaro come with those small rinkey dink headlamps -- an absolute joke but its "legal" huh? Lets just say, some cars are released with the BARE minimum. The old Crown Victoria came with 10" rotors and they would warp ALL the time, how is that allowable? It just is what it is.

You have never ever driven a S13 with sealed beam headlights. Those pieces of shit were designed at least 80 years ago, and are made for cheapness/planned replacement rather than anything else. Try using your OEM logic a bit more and ponder why the OEM has stepped up to H4s, then to projectors, now to HIDs.

Sealed beams are acceptable when new, as they get old (like any bulb) they lose light output. A set of Hella H4 ECE is superior to sealed beam, you also have the choice for different quality bulbs as well. The high output bulbs we sell with our H4 headlamps sell all the time, we actually are shipping out several sets next week as we just restocked.

The projectors have an actual beam pattern that was created to light the road and not piss off other drivers. The glare from foglights is far more likely to blind oncoming motorists.

There is a difference between a headlight, a foglight, and a driving light. Each one serves a purpose. A lot of the smaller auxilary lamps being sold in the aftermarket are NOT foglights, they are driving lamps -- the difference is the beam pattern. Foglights are mounted low and emit a very wide beam pattern, typically yellow in color to assist in visibility during poor weather (usefull too). Driving lamps are almost like high beams, just smaller and usually not as strong.. but still.. they often glare and this is why people get pissed off. A headlamp, of course, has a useful beam pattern.

mike / clearcorners.com
Old 12-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #53
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scir16v
The Japanese company that you guys are talking about that have a projector light conversion is AllRound. They have about 4 or 5 different setups. Koguchi runs one on his green 180.

I'm doing like halo did, bought the hella 90mm projectors, and have made a set of plates for them to bolt to. I'm almost done, just need to bend the plates, weld em, wire em, and lazy eye 'em.

yeah, i got it resolved btw, a long time ago.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:24 PM   #54
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Oh, and for all that wonder:

1. My headlights open up to that maximum height now.
2. They work just like regular headlights: i turn them on, the popup goes up to the sleepy eye level, stays there and my head lights turn on. when I shut them off, they close down.

I'd like to thank Mike from Clearcorners for his tips. He's a great guy and he did not give me ANY information on how to do it before I attempted it myself... I thank him for that.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote