Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #31
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah but the gear ratios from a truck wouldnt be ideal in a car, i assume it would be very tall..... also i believe the sentra se-r also has the qr25de setup....

NISSAN needs to bring and reproduce the S15 and send them to the states,
with the sr20det or a new engine....that is turbo.... they would make millions... the bastards just dont know it..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #32
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Excuse the lack of knowledge but what the fuck is a QR20DD?

Edit: Oh, it's just direct-injection...
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #33
fatalfury64
Leaky Injector

fatalfury64 can only hope to improve
with the sr20det or a new engine....that is turbo.... they would make millions... the bastards just dont know it..[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying. They just don't know how much money they'll make if they were to legalized and reproduce the s15.
fatalfury64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #34
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
im sure if someone had adequate funds and the ability to the s15 could be reproduced as a replica and be legalized for the US...wonder if anyone would take the risk?
timtiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #35
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
240 owners are for the most part cheap fucks. Thats why they drive 240's
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #36
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
AMEN to that...

There's nothing wrong rocking in a KA. Imagine after a fresh rebuild, NA KA is just as reliable as any hondas out there, plus, the endless torque curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
Old 06-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #37
REDSH!FT
Zilvia Junkie

REDSH!FT is on a distinguished road
To everyone who said that Nissan should produce the S15 and sell it here, I ask you this.

Would you shell out $24-$28k for your S15 when it's released? (this is based on the assumption that it's done in Cheap-O form and not that great...probably NA motor. $30+ if it's a turbo platform.

Answer honestly, then re-think how many millions you expect Nissan to make when almost everyone else out there has the same answer as you.
REDSH!FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #38
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtiminy
It also has twin, counterrotating balance shafts so it should be a nice smooth engine. The drive-by-wire throttle body should make for easy swap (no throttle linkage to
worry about).
Balanced shafts decrease HP I don't like it. It takes rotational power of the engine to use the shaft as a counter balance. Waste of energy and effeciency IMO. All the 2.4litre dodge guys take them out of there boosted engines, and for a good reason.
I would rather deal with a vibrating engine that makes 10-20 more HP without the damn shafts.
Yeah no throttle linkage, but think of how much it will now be a son of a bitch running a completly new harness and ecu that runs on that type of system.
I would rather blow my brains out...
Old 06-11-2006, 02:46 AM   #39
CaoBoY
Zilvia Addict

CaoBoY is making a name for him/her selfCaoBoY is making a name for him/her self
probably the same amount of people that would buy a 350z. most of the 240 crowd is getting older. the people look for something new....why not an s15? those olderguys would want something turbo...and cheapish. so 25-30k for a new car....people would buy it. people pay 30-40k for an evo!
CaoBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:22 AM   #40
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Quote:
I have actually still yet to hear of an sr putting a rod through the block but have seen several KA's that have done so in person. Not that it doesnt happen, but there isnt exactly a shortage of sr's in this area either.
Well i have done that to 6 motors in a 6 month span.

Timtiminy: Wrong. It can be legal as long as the motor is the same year or newer than the chassis. It doesnt matter who makes what.

Holy Thread Jacking/Going off topic batman.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #41
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Blu, now I cant say that anymore = )
Bad track record! Were any of these built motors or stock?
I'm definitely going to agree with Vinnie and say both of those things are BAD. The ka's bad point isnt that it was an iron block anyway. The ka's bad point is that shitty ass joke of a crank shaft it has
Old 06-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #42
Grassroots_Msport

Grassroots_Msport is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
yeah but the gear ratios from a truck wouldnt be ideal in a car, i assume it would be very tall..... also i believe the sentra se-r also has the qr25de setup....

with the sr20det or a new engine....that is turbo.... they would make millions... the bastards just dont know it..

The gear ratio in the RWD frontier (QR25DE model) is made for gas mileage as is a car, not for towing, the gears in the truck are a bit longer than those in my old SpecV (2002) ....

I had planned on doing this later on (a few years) but i plan on using AEM for engine management so I wont be getting into the technical jargon of or rigamor of wirring it up to run on a stock ecu....

I do plan on using a specV engine due to its better cams and a few other better features.....

Id rather see a VQ35DE in a S-chassis......
Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 PM   #43
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
LS1 = lighter than a KA and COULD be made street legal. Not everyone's favorite swap, just another option if you are really bent on saving some weight in the engine department.
bingo

dont like talking about it though, if it gets as popular as sr20 swaps it'll make my car less unique/cool when i finally get the $ and time to do that
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:41 PM   #44
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
if you want an idea of what a aftermarket aluminum block will cost check out Dart's honda B-series block. Also keep in mind that the Dart block requires extensive work after purchace for it to be equal to Honda OEM standards.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 PM   #45
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
I looked it up anyway...
http://www.flatlanderracing.com/dartblocks_honda.html, $2k
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #46
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
theres a 2j that tossed a rod through both sides of the block at boost logic, can see all the way through. block material means bullshit, you could blow up a 2k hp drag block making 50hp with a fucked up enough tune
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #47
Kaji
Leaky Injector

Kaji is on a distinguished road
The QR25 is just the new KA, with a bunch of flaws from a quick glance on wikipedia. It'd be a lot of money for that swap to only get a slightly improved engine performance and less weight. Better off with ls1, ls2, ls7 even with the amount of money we're talking about.

If you really wanna save weight it'd be more effective to invest in carbon body panels or lexan windows. OR go 240-TRUCK, delete your upper rear end.
Kaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #48
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
i know we're well past this point but the '06 KA24s still use an iron block. there are 3 sitting outside my office right now.

people that say you can just add power to make up for weight forget that a car also has to stop and turn. a broken rod will fuck up a block no matter what it's made of. don't aluminum blocks usually have iron sleves anyway?

i can see the VQ getting very popular, it could easily be made legal, is about the same weight if not lighter and has very good power.
cdlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #49
Bigballin
Zilvia Member

Bigballin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
alllllllready
Bigballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #50
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong
i know we're well past this point but the '06 KA24s still use an iron block. there are 3 sitting outside my office right now.

people that say you can just add power to make up for weight forget that a car also has to stop and turn. a broken rod will fuck up a block no matter what it's made of. don't aluminum blocks usually have iron sleves anyway?

i can see the VQ getting very popular, it could easily be made legal, is about the same weight if not lighter and has very good power.

yep the VQ has been a little project around here... vq35s14
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #51
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
Quote:
The cheapest bunch of fuckers that I've ever sold shit to are 240 owners, with the exception of a few.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 AM   #52
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
^ welcome to the Land of the Low Ballers...

i hate those kids...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #53
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring
yep the VQ has been a little project around here... vq35s14
VQ, biggest problem is getting it EPA/Carb legal. Putting it in is not the problem. Trying to wire it to be smog legal is a major pita. Like BigVinnie said setting up throttle by wire in our chassis's, would be worse than shooting oneself in the head.
Only reason I see for putting a VQ in would be to make it a smog legal swap and that would cost a lot of money because of stuff like mentioned above.
By the time you got done spending the money to do it, you could just go buy a used 350z and call it a day.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #54
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
that's why i think CA laws are beyond rediculous, why would it matter whether the throttle is cable or electronic? what difference could it possibly make? i see no reason to do anything more than a tail pipe sinffer. if an SR puts out clean enough air, you're fine, who cares.
cdlong is offline   Reply With Quote