Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
driftkid316
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
driftkid316 is making a name for him/her selfdriftkid316 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftkid316
F*ck! Got popped my second day of having this car

well this is mysecond day having the car and i already got popped. i have a huge n1 and sr. cop just pulled me over i guess because of exhaust. but long story short he popped me and says oh you have turbo, and i play dumb. so now i gota go to see the referee. so what should i do? just pull the motor and put in KA. i mean what options do i really have. i cant sell the car without going to the ref first right(dumb question)? what do u sr guys do in this situation? i wish i had KA-t right now so i could just turn it back to stock easily.
driftkid316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
lol there should be a new thread off noob topic,

im thinking wait until the ticket comes in.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ht=hood+popped

search button + (insert words here) = your answer
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
explained, called hahaha
Old 09-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
man i am so happy they dont have gay ass emissions like that here..
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
step one: swap in KA
step two: get a quieter exhaust for street use
step three: when you have completed steps one and two you can consider weather to swap back in the Sr or give up and go KAT.

Easy as one two three bitches!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #7
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC
step three: when you have completed steps one and two you can consider weather to swap back in the Sr or give up and go KAT.

Step Two B: Use stock exhaust for street use and aftermarket for track.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:17 AM   #8
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
Step Two B: Use stock exhaust for street use and aftermarket for track.
not the last/only choice

RSR makes a quiet exhaust
BRM is fairly quiet
HKS legal is nice as well.

aftermarket understands socal cops now so no need to sayn "stock only"
Old 09-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #9
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipStylez
man i am so happy they dont have gay ass emissions like that here..
yeah fuck CA
sepulchral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchral
yeah fuck CA
Why don't we just keep the hostilities down. I am getting tired of out of state people saying fuck CA just because of our emission laws. You don't live here. I don't say Fuck VA!! Which I very well could home of the CIA!! Tool of Bush!!There is a lot to Cali that makes it a great state as I am sure you can say about VA so just stop the hating because its getting really old.
So just back off the insults and be constructive in helping the person or don't post.

P.S. To the original poster, you bought a SR powered car with a big exhaust Are you really that surprised you got pulled over in Corona. An area known for cops doing that kind of stuff? People have already told you what you need to do to fly under, the radar so to speak. I suggest thinking before doing given where you live.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #11
samiam
Zilvia Member

samiam is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to samiam
I don't think he meant fuck the people in CA, just the legal system is kinda fucked up, so therefore fuck CA. As far as VA, fuck VA.... because it's for Fuckers or is that Lovers; oh well fucking and loving it has some of the same activities just with different meaning.

Just curious to original poster, why not run the sr20de minus the T.... or are they going to do an emission check on your car???
Old 09-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
nixad
Zilvia Member

nixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choices
I didn't get popped my first day of having my car, but the po po told me any more balding tires, speed contesting and reckless driving aka DRIFTING. they take my car lol
nixad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #13
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Why don't we just keep the hostilities down. I am getting tired of out of state people saying fuck CA just because of our emission laws. You don't live here. I don't say Fuck VA!! Which I very well could home of the CIA!! Tool of Bush!!There is a lot to Cali that makes it a great state as I am sure you can say about VA so just stop the hating because its getting really old.
So just back off the insults and be constructive in helping the person or don't post.

P.S. To the original poster, you bought a SR powered car with a big exhaust Are you really that surprised you got pulled over in Corona. An area known for cops doing that kind of stuff? People have already told you what you need to do to fly under, the radar so to speak. I suggest thinking before doing given where you live.
Your right. So you guys have strict emission laws, but you have some of the best shops, and parts are more readily available than most other cities. For the ppl who are hating, you have every right to hate but don't put down the whole state just b/c of their laws...that's all.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:

KA-T will still get you a ref ticket. its not smog legal and no CARB sticker
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #15
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the 240 scene wouldnt be what it is today becuase of california (open to import/exports etc.)

anyways. Wait for the ticket to arrive in the mail.. You usually get like 2 months or so of time til the due date.. then before the due date, file an extention (like another 2 months) and pay fine. Boom your done. In the meantime make your car look clean and not soo aggressive.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #16
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
its for times like these that im glad im in canada!!!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #17
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
the 240 scene wouldnt be what it is today becuase of california (open to import/exports etc.)
California wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for the East Coast. Ever heard of the Revolutionary War?

It's just fun to pick on Californians sometimes. It seems like every other Thread I read about a Member in California either complaining about a ticket or spouting off about how great Nor Cal or So Cal is. You guys make me laugh.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #18
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
California wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for the East Coast. Ever heard of the Revolutionary War?
+1 for ThatGuy
Old 09-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
big_schaf
Zilvia Member

big_schaf is on a distinguished road
Quote:

good call....btw Ka-t ftw!!! and selling the sr will defently give you enough money to do it.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #20
delphis
Zilvia Junkie

delphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura about
that is why I like living in norcal!
delphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
Buffalo Daughter
Zilvia Addict

Buffalo Daughter will become famous soon enoughBuffalo Daughter will become famous soon enoughBuffalo Daughter will become famous soon enough
hahahah, i want to add something more on topic using my brain but all that can come out is, you's a fool.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Daughter
hahahah, i want to add something more on topic using my brain but all that can come out is, you's a fool.
hahahhahahhahhahahha

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #23
s13silvia03
Zilvia Addict

Location: PA.....I always thought that dogs...umm...layed eggs, and I learned something today
s13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to s13silvia03
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_schaf
good call....btw Ka-t ftw!!! and selling the sr will defently give you enough money to do it.
If he gets pulled over with a KA-T, its still illegal and he will have to go through the same ordeal, as was posted above.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #24
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
perhaps we should start a subforum for these guys
Old 09-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #25
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia03
If he gets pulled over with a KA-T, its still illegal and he will have to go through the same ordeal, as was posted above.
its much easier to rip the turbo out and throw on stock exhaust then swapping the motor back to a KA
Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #26
big_schaf
Zilvia Member

big_schaf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia03
yah but he wouldnt have to pull the motor...simply detune it...and I love the ka...thats why i said ka-t ftw
Old 09-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #27
dorifto-san4o8
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

dorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enough
JUST PAY THE MAXIMUM FINE!!! it will clear your state ref but will clear out your wallet too. i think its like 500 or something like that. just dont get popped again or else your f*cked. we got it worse here in san jose near capitol expressway. everyone with a fixed up ride is getting pulled over and hood popped.
dorifto-san4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #28
usajdm
Zilvia Junkie

usajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond repute
God I love OAKLAND, the cops are way to busy dealing with other things(shootings,side shows,hookers.....).
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #29
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto-san4o8
JUST PAY THE MAXIMUM FINE!!! it will clear your state ref but will clear out your wallet too. i think its like 500 or something like that. just dont get popped again or else your f*cked. we got it worse here in san jose near capitol expressway. everyone with a fixed up ride is getting pulled over and hood popped.
I hope it gets better when I move back there in a couple years, I live right off of Capitol Expressway. I was just there in the summer for a few weeks and only saw a couple of modded S14 and s13. Did it really got that bad within the last 2 year?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #30
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM
KA-T will still get you a ref ticket. its not smog legal and no CARB sticker

pulling off the turbo, exhaust and piping is alot easier than swapping motors out just to pass a ref
nsn240 is offline   Reply With Quote