Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Falken Hanabi 17x9 +20

Not everyone thinks these wheels look good, but I beg to differ.
There is not a lot of information on them online regarding to where they are built, how they are built and I hope to shed some light to that. They are made in China, low pressure cast aluminum and the 17x9 +20 are about 23lbs each.
They're only a couple of hundred bucks cheaper than the FN01RCs and are heavier by about 4lbs.
They also clear coilovers and Z brakes according to this guy

Wheels in question in Bronze

and Silver

Another pic here

Hmm... I was going to ask if I should buy them or not, but my mind is set (since im getting a good deal on them). Unless you guys scare me off with horror stories of them being cheap quality etc.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 AM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Not bad lookin if you ask me ~ I'd rock em, esp if I got a crazy deal.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
They look waaaay the hell better than the 17x9 FNs, thats for damn sure. No clue as to how they're made, though.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:21 AM   #4
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
I've talked to a Falken representative and they said that they're low pressure cast aluminum which according to tirerack is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirerack.com
LOW PRESSURE CASTING

Low pressure casting uses positive pressure to move the molten aluminum into the mold quicker and achieve a finished product that has improved mechanical properties (more dense) over a gravity cast wheel. Low-pressure casting has a slightly higher production cost over gravity casting. Low pressure is the most common process approved for aluminum wheels sold to the O.E.M. market. Low-pressure cast wheels offer a good value for the aftermarket as well. Some companies offer wheels that are produced under a higher pressure in special casting equipment to create a wheel that is lighter and stronger than a wheel produced in low pressure. Once again in the quest for lighter weight, there is a higher cost associated with the process.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels-techpage-1/90.shtml
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 AM   #5
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've seen these on Hondas with shit sizing, but I never knew they offered this wheel in a decent offset & width.

I don't think they look too bad
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:49 AM   #6
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
reminds me of the 2000 gsr "blades" in bronze...but those offset made it look 100x better than the blades
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #7
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
i think "brainfood" used to have these wheels...

either him or another green s14 zenki...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
steelbreeze
Leaky Injector

steelbreeze will become famous soon enoughsteelbreeze will become famous soon enoughsteelbreeze will become famous soon enoughsteelbreeze will become famous soon enoughsteelbreeze will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to steelbreeze
these wheels are in canada as fn01rc's are to the states.

they get old really fast.

especially when all the bronze paint comes off in a month.
steelbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #9
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
yeah, I have heard they are not good quality as far as the finish on the wheel goes. They are strong but I wouldnt buy em cuz the finish flakes off quickly.
ripnbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
yrk323
BANNED

yrk323 can only hope to improve
bronze wheels are almost as cool as bugchasing
yrk323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, they didn't take off in the states as well as the fn's did, They look kinda cool, but unless you are getting a mad deal, there are better looking wheels for the money.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hook me up with a set, i was just looking at these last night, lol. they're not that much cheaper than the hozigens, though.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
byhi
BANNED

byhi is an unknown quantity at this point
knives, you are dumb, its extremely easy to predict that they are low pressure cast or gravity cast (gravity cast is the worst type).... and somewhat heavy...

simply, what you want to know... .is ....

A. will you get made fun of when you buy them and post pics..?

B. are they played out?

C. are they any different from any other low pressure cast wheel?

so let me answer you

A. yes
B. yes
C. hardly

now, go to rbmotoring.com or some other used wheel site liek memory fab... sack up and buy a decent set of used wheels wit ha spun aluminum outer barrel and forged center...
byhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Fuck those wheels I had them on my s14 .. There heavy the bronze chips off hella easy and I couldnt get rid of them for shit .. I finally gave th set away for $300 after paying 1,300 new.
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #15
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byhi
knives, you are dumb, its extremely easy to predict that they are low pressure cast or gravity cast (gravity cast is the worst type).... and somewhat heavy...

simply, what you want to know... .is ....

A. will you get made fun of when you buy them and post pics..?

B. are they played out?

C. are they any different from any other low pressure cast wheel?

so let me answer you

A. yes
B. yes
C. hardly

now, go to rbmotoring.com or some other used wheel site liek memory fab... sack up and buy a decent set of used wheels wit ha spun aluminum outer barrel and forged center...
uhm... you're a funny guy.

im not even gonna respond to ur nonsense

---
as for paint chipping off, when i buy these rims, if i buy these rims, they will come with a 1 year warranty (wtf?) against paint chipping.

its also not that hard to powdercoat
Old 01-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I think that it's actually gravity casting. Well, that's what I would've guessed. But yeah low pressure cast is how most one piece wheels are. Gravity cast is cheaper and easier to make.

Not like it matters.

If you like it and fits in your budget, use it.

If other people have used it and not broken, you don't need to be so afraid.

I personally dont like the style of it.

The only thing going for it is 1) 4 lug & 2) 17x9+20.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #17
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Unless Falken themselves lied to me, im gonna take their word that its low pressure cast (btw their 15", not like it matters to us, is only 11lbs)

+ getting them for a cheap price brand new
Old 01-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #18
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products

If you like it and fits in your budget, use it.

blah!

i say save, until you up your budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
They kinda look like Honda wheels but their offset and 4 lug is enough for me to get tem. I would get them for sliding or something.
kevtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #20
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rootbeer
blah!

i say save, until you up your budget!
I agree too.

But some people just aren't into that.

So to each his own.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #21
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
werd, but wtf am i talking about, im rolling on Hotwheels

meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #22
TheS13kid
Leaky Injector

TheS13kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheS13kid
They look sick with it!
Wouldn't mind getting me a set!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #23
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Low pressure casting produces a better finish than a gravity cast. The pressure presses the metal against the mold to fill any voids made by air. This only affects finish and makes the item no stronger than a gravity cast. Just reduces post mold clean up and processing.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I had a set on my 93 240, but I sold the car. I loved them. Mine where silver and I had no issues of chipping at all.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2258786

As for them being cheaper, I paid about $300 more than the fn01rc's when I bought mine. But that was because mine were sent directly from Falken, becuse they were the only set in silver they had produced in 17 x 9 +20.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Oh, and I purchased mine back in May of 05.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #26
byhi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves
uhm... you're a funny guy.

im not even gonna respond to ur nonsense

btw you faggot, thanks for neg repping me for helping you cope with what you wont admit you wanted to ask.....
Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #27
BLITZZZ
BANNED

BLITZZZ is making his/her stupidity well-knownBLITZZZ is making his/her stupidity well-knownBLITZZZ is making his/her stupidity well-knownBLITZZZ is making his/her stupidity well-knownBLITZZZ is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by byhi
btw you faggot, thanks for neg repping me for helping you cope with what you wont admit you wanted to ask.....

u did start off by calling him dumb..

some ppl can't and arent willing to afford RBmotorings $2000+ wheels.
BLITZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
byhi
BANNED

rbmotoring has wheels to fit any budget....

and if not, then you are truly truly poor
Old 01-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #29
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

True that

If you just keep checking, you can find some decent deals

Mainly 5 lug stuff for the goooood deals

Unless you want 15" type stuff for 4 luggers

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #30
byhi
BANNED

^^^ or you could holla atcha boy......

honestly, loga nwas slingin grenades and CRkais for very cheap for a while, i know they are both less than 1400 a set brand new if memory serves me correct.... which is a couple hundred more than one wheel of other various brands...