Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 s14 race car

My brother inlaw gets his suspension work done at a shop near atlanta, so I went with him one day to check there progress on his rx3. Low and behold in one of the bays was an s14 full out race car this thing was full tubular frame and fully custom on everything. I was amazed so I went to take pictures and sh^t I left my cell at home. So pissed at myself I left.

So today we went out to road atlanta because he had a few friends testing today for scca. then I saw the s14, and finally got some pictures. I also got to see it in action that is the fastest na 240 I have ever seen. It was keeping up with the panoz cars and built vettes like it was nothing. Here are the pix enjoy.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Any idea on specs and what not?

ALSO: REP +++++++ ^_^ VERY JDMIFIED CAR!
svensko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

MAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enough
nope the owner had to go to the driver's meeting so I didn't get to talk to him much. I can see if the guy at the shop knows the next time I go.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Could you tell if it was a KA24?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGILLA
I also got to see it in action that is the fastest na 240 I have ever seen. It was keeping up with the panoz cars and built vettes like it was nothing.
so what engine was it powered by?
lol...it's 4 lug!

EDIT: what? "VERY JDMIFIED CAR!" hahaha. The car is red white and blue...
Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

J-J-J-JDM OVERLOAD!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #7
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
your stupid face is JDM.

I'll bet money its a single cam
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

KidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant future
If it's the same one Tony Davis did the decal work on in Lawrenceville it's a 340hp SOHC KA, 1690 dry weight.
KidSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

yep its a ka24 and that is the only some what stock thing on the car the body is fiber glass the frame was redone. the suspension is a coilover setup with external reservior, all braided lines and more stuff I can't remember. this is all from memory of the first time I saw it so it might be a bit off.

Last edited by MAGILLA; 03-23-2007 at 07:08 PM..
MAGILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSaru
If it's the same one Tony Davis did the decal work on in Lawrenceville it's a 340hp SOHC KA, 1690 dry weight.
340 HP from a NA KA? How?! I'm guessing JDM head work?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #11
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

KidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant future
Quote:
yep its a ka24de and that is the only some what stock thing on the car the body is fiber glass the frame was redone. the suspension is a coilover setup with external reservior, all braided lines and more stuff I can't remember. this is all from memory of the first time I saw it so it might be a bit off.
Sure it's a DOHC? I seriously doubt they switched to DOHC, they talked about using Rebello L20s for '07 though.

As for making 340hp...A lot of patience, time, and most importantly...money.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

yo dawg can we get a modz list?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #13
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
lol@ jdm head work on a usdm motor.....

cool car.
arkive43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #14
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

Not the same S14, but it races the same SCCA class:

Engine
Engine Builder: Dave Auerbach
Manufacturer: Nissan
Type: KA24
Displacement: 2.4 liter
Induction: Twin Mikuni 44 side draft
Heads: Nissan 12 valve
Block: Nissan
Main Caps: Nissan Comp
Crankshaft: Nissan Comp
Connecting Rods: Carillo
Pistons: J&E
Camshaft: Rebello
Valves: Nissan Comp
Valve Train: Nissan Comp
Clutch: Tilton 2 disk 5 1/2
Pressure Plate: Tilton 5 1/2
Flywheel: Tilton 5 1/2
Exhaust: 4-2-1
Total Time: 1.2 hrs
Races: 1
Fuel System
Fuel Cell
Manufacturer: Custom Fuelsafe
Capacity: 10gal
Fuel Pump: 2 in cell and 2 pressure
Fuel Type: 112 oct
Oil/Water System
Radiator: Nissan
Water Rad Location: Front nose
Water Pump: Nissan
Oil Cooler: Earl's
Oil Cooler Location: Front nose
Electrical System
Ignition: Electromotive
Alternator: none
Battery: Optima Yellow
Data Logger: Seat of the pants!
Computer: none
Transmission
Manfacturer: Saenz
Type: TC840
Gears: 5 speed
Shifter: Manual
Trans Cooler: Yes
Races: 1.2 hrs
Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
svensko, please stop being useless wth all the "JDM" bullshit. It's annoying. This is your warning.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

And that get 340 HP? That doesn't have a single JDM PART!!!?~
Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko
And that get 340 HP? That doesn't have a single JDM PART!!!?~
And now I hope you are banned.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #18
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSaru
Sure it's a DOHC? I seriously doubt they switched to DOHC, they talked about using Rebello L20s for '07 though.

As for making 340hp...A lot of patience, time, and most importantly...money.
Honestly I don't remember but I think that the engine in their class can be modified but it has to be what came with the car.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
s14dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
s14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14dude
ROFL @ the "JDM" boys.

wow thats a fucking sick ass s14.....now i want my s14 back!

cant believe its a single cam.....so sick!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #20
Atljunglist
Leaky Injector

Atljunglist is an unknown quantity at this point
what shop was this car at??
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #21
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

In all seriousness, why the single cam over the DOHC? weight issues? More potential?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #22
seekanddestroy
Zilvia Member

seekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choices
Quote:
Honestly I don't remember but I think that the engine in their class can be modified but it has to be what came with the car.

Good work on that one, considering an s14 never came with a ka24e.

There are quite a few gt3 240sx race cars.
seekanddestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #23
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko
In all seriousness, why the single cam over the DOHC? weight issues? More potential?
Classing, more than likely.
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
rsxrcr87
Leaky Injector

rsxrcr87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rsxrcr87
[QUOTE=KidSaru]Not the same S14, but it races the same SCCA class:

Right-Click, Set as Desktop Background
rsxrcr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #25
seekanddestroy
Zilvia Member

seekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choicesseekanddestroy has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo
Classing, more than likely.

There is not a restriction in G.T. as to using a single cam vs a dual cam, you are allowed to update, or backdate components on the car.

The single cam may well make more power RELIABLY than the dual cam.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #26
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont think they care about reliabilty, these motors are based on how many hours they run.

IIRC, last time this car was talked about here someone said the SOHC head had alot more room to fit bigger valves in there.

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
seekanddestroy
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios
I dont think they care about reliabilty, these motors are based on how many hours they run.

Yes, they do rebuild them frequently, but reliability is still important for the life of the motor.

If you don't think reliability of the motor is important in a $50,000+ race car, stop talking.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #28
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
oh my fucking lord. Does that thing honestly have a stock radiator in it?!

dang car 100% looks like it needs to be driving in the Nextel Cup
Old 03-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #29
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nice car. But all that for 340 hp.
mayco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #30
wootwoot
Post Whore!

^^^ that car is faster then anything you have ever ridden in or driven more then likely unless you secretly drive formula cars.