Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 AM   #1
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brick Style S13 VIDS?

I want to see if anyone has a silvia front end with the bricks. I want to see what they look like at night with low beam and high beam. If I like it I will get some. There is a local dude who will sell me the whole front end conversion for 600. Thanks

Boost Coming soon...
twofortyrida1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
The lighting from it is crappy, I'll tell you that much,

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #3
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
shines on the wrong side of the road. Where is wilmington? I'd say just go to a meet and check some out but no idea where wilmington is
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:13 AM   #4
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I have them. They Suck. Ascetically they look better then the "Spider Eyes" of the projector housings, but the lighting is really bad. Brighter bulbs won't help either, they are still aimed wrong and the reflector housing isn't the best. You'll just have more light where you don't need it.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i put HIDS in mine, and it wasnt bad, horrible distibution, but brighter
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
i didnt like the lighting on them when i had them, they shine to low on shine on the wrong side of the road
civilized_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, lighting sucks

Thats my debate

see well with retrofitted HID projectors in double projector headlights and be ugly

or look cool during the day and not see shit at night with bricks.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #8
NismoSilvia270R
Zilvia Junkie

NismoSilvia270R is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NismoSilvia270R
i remember reading a threads on opening the lights up and rearranging reflectors and junk. (doesnt change glass-pattern unless you go all-clear)

options

1.leave alone. points UP and LEFT.

2.flip driverside-reflector upsidedown. points beam DOWN and to CENTERline of car.

3. swap driverside-reflector with passengerside-reflector. points beam UP and CENTER.

4. swap the driverside-reflector to the passengerside-housing, then flip it upside down inside the passengerside-housing. this should point the beam DOWN to the RIGHT

Ive only read of options 1 and 2 being done. 3 and 4 are theoretical.

also, the "beam" isnt very distinct, so the word "beam" refers to the GENERAL direction of light.

anyone wanna try 3 or 4? I only suggest these out of theory i have no idea of the physical/mechanical feasibility
NismoSilvia270R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Oh My God Are You Crazy

The Beam Pattern Will Be All Wrong And You Will Bling People And Never Be Able To See

F Word
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
bricks > projectors

OWN.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Retro projectors > bricks.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #12
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I've got a set of bricks sitting in my basement waiting for the rest of the conversion. I expect the lighting will be utter crap, but I almost never drive my car at night, so I'm not too worried. (literally, my headlights haven't been on in months). the projectors just look like crap.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Projectors have shitty light output too.

BRICKS > PROJECTORS

TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #14
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Bricks are fucking beautiful, thats what makes the decision so hard, hahahahha.

My car will be street driven alot, and at night at times.

The only way to go with projectors is to retrofit HID's. Only reason to run with teh ugliness, lol.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #15
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks alot. I will prolly just take the sealed beams out a retrofit some Audi A6 projectors I found at a junkyard. Lots of great info thanks a lot.

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #16
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
put hids and clear lenses and show those f350 rear view mirrors whats up

its time for vengance
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Or maybe go supermade. This thing is frickin SEX.

http://www.kgsengineering.com/vizage...0c96c18007e52c

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #18
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer View Post
put hids and clear lenses and show those f350 rear view mirrors whats up

its time for vengance
Yeah I know right!! HAHAHA LOL!

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #19
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
shines on the wrong side of the road. Where is wilmington? I'd say just go to a meet and check some out but no idea where wilmington is
NC. The end of the road for I-40. It turns into college road with in turn goes all the way to carolina beach. I know what your thinking

Boost Coming soon...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #20
supad0rk
Zilvia Member

supad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to supad0rk Send a message via MSN to supad0rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aui8l-HTvF0

Bricks with HIDS, I forgot the they are though. Lighting isn't all too bad. I just have to deal with some death beaths that shine at the ground, at the driver in front of me, or something like that.
supad0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #21
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
lol... well my friend has bricks in his s13 and it sure does shine on the wrong side. only thing is, light dispersement looked fine. i mean, it's not S2k HID or something but...
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supad0rk View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aui8l-HTvF0

Bricks with HIDS, I forgot the they are though. Lighting isn't all too bad. I just have to deal with some death beaths that shine at the ground, at the driver in front of me, or something like that.
thats a nice flashlight you have in front of your car, really impressive. /sarcasm

you guys are such tools, talking about which one is better.. brick RHD headlamp or projector RHD headlamp.

its like comparing whos asshole your going to eat in jail, but with jelly or syrup.

serious, you guys need to wisen up. using a RHD light in a LHD country is stupid. either do a conversion on the projectors or DONT use these piece of shit lights.

btw, you cant fucking FLIP the reflectors, idiot. the optics are handled through the fresnel markings in the glass, not the metal reflector inside the headlamp.

jeez.. its like a sea of stupidity sometimes....
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I cant stand any S13 lighting... even popups. Always seem to be crappy. S2k HID yeah now that I love... I can see everything so easy, not a single problem at all.

Another reason why S14 lighting is best?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #24
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
I cant stand any S13 lighting... even popups. Always seem to be crappy. S2k HID yeah now that I love... I can see everything so easy, not a single problem at all.

It's newer? More modern technology?

S13's are ancient.

Either way you're going to have shitty lighting, LHD RHD Silvia BRICK PROJECTOR anything, they're all crappy. So do what you want.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #25
RPS13FREAK
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
RPS13FREAK has a spectacular aura aboutRPS13FREAK has a spectacular aura aboutRPS13FREAK has a spectacular aura aboutRPS13FREAK has a spectacular aura aboutRPS13FREAK has a spectacular aura aboutRPS13FREAK has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My other car used to have the S13 Dual Halogen Headlamps.

The lighting sucked with a stock light bulb or even a sylvannia bulb it seemed like the right side was brighter than the leftside and even through you try to aim it, it was still crappy.

Then I added a HID Kit on it. It was a lot better because it would light up the reflectors on signs and on the road, but there was no focused beam of light it was all distributed over the place and the glare with the HID's were blinding, lol.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #26
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
talking
make sure to use jdm s13 brick headlights. with 10k dropin hids, and put strobes in the corners.

because

it looks

cool
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #27
sr240dett3
Leaky Injector

sr240dett3 is making a name for him/her selfsr240dett3 is making a name for him/her self
I have the bricks (halogen) and yea the lighting sucks..
I have PIAA Super White's, and the Ion Yellow for my fogs..
The fog lights are way brighter then the normal lights.
So i pretty much always have my fog lights on.

I just got a set of dual projectors, i am going to retrofit some HID's projectors into it
And then get the Clear housings. that will pretty much solve my problem.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #28
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
They are NOT fog lights. They are supplemental high beams. When your high beams are on, the inside lights should be on as well. Not fog lights.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #29
sr240dett3
Leaky Injector

sr240dett3 is making a name for him/her selfsr240dett3 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
They are NOT fog lights. They are supplemental high beams. When your high beams are on, the inside lights should be on as well. Not fog lights.
Alright cool...

then i got some bright ass Yellow high beams !!!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #30
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post

My s13 never had a problem putting a blanket of REAL light onto the road.

But then again, I actually spent time and money on my setup, unlike most of you broke bastards. ;-)

ps: A pair of Cibie H4 headlamps with good quality bulbs is MORE than what most people need. HID isnt really a necessity.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote