Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan Silvia revival to get Renault power

Japan's Best Car supposedly has yet another scoop on the Nissan Silvia revival, and while the image gracing the mag's cover is little more than a photoshopped pipedream, the information presented within deserves note.

According to one of the publication's editors, a source at Nissan has suggested that the front-engine, rear-wheel-drive coupe could benefit from the Nissan/Renault alliance and fitted with a 2.0-liter engine lifted from the French automaker. Speculation is that the 225 hp turbocharged four-pot powering the Renault Megane Sport could be mounted up front, sending power to the rear wheels on a modified Z platform. Not only would that keep production costs low, but the motor could be shoved far back into the firewall, making it a competent corner carver in the process.

Best Car expects the S16 Silvia to be priced between $18,000 and $21,000 if and when it goes on sale in 2010.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wonder what aftermarket companies like HKS and such are going to do.

You think they're gonna go buy some motors now and tweak em in advance should they really do it or wait till it's official?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
damn,2.0 turbozzzz? RWD?! in the 20k range? im so down.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
tacotacotaco!!!! Lets see this beast im tired of driving an old bucket. This should be interesting, The fact that a smaller 350z will be out and maybe a new silvia descendant. I wonder how they will market the two. Honestly im more up for a smaller lighter 350z.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
mechavore884
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
mechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymoremechavore884 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
LOL maaaaaaaaaaaannnn this has made my day!!! but In all honesty I wonder what it looks like and what kind of aftermarket support it will recieve?
mechavore884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
do we know if Japan will get a better version of the S16. similar to what happened in the past with the S13 and S14.

i'm assuming the JDM s16 will be more beefed up in all aspects like current hondas, subarus, and nissans.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechavore884 View Post
LOL maaaaaaaaaaaannnn this has made my day!!! but In all honesty I wonder what it looks like and what kind of aftermarket support it will recieve?
We won't get an idea of what it's gonna looks like for at least another 6 months.

The aftermarket questions is a loooong way off.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicoladron View Post
do we know if Japan will get a better version of the S16. similar to what happened in the past with the S13 and S14.

i'm assuming the JDM s16 will be more beefed up in all aspects like current hondas, subarus, and nissans.

maybe we'll get lucky and if it's sold here it'll end up like mkIV supras and have more power.
murda-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Will the states get a real silvia finally?..

hmmm i wonder
Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
DR NISSAN

DR NISSAN is an unknown quantity at this point
That's actually sad, that Renault piece of shit engine is sold down here in Mexico and it's 180hp n/a can not beat the 145hp SR20DE at all, trust me i've raced them. That engine besides the Renault Megane is found in the Clio RS and it's not worth it. The revival of the Silvia is freaking awesome but the engine is going to be a junk, it's not even reliable. Hope they dont do that and place a decent engine instead and sold the S16 for a couple additional grands
DR NISSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADOgy View Post
Will the states get a real silvia finally?..

hmmm i wonder
It'll more then likely be called a SX here again. You can quote me on that.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #12
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
ugh no euro motors!!!

i hate euro shit.

but, im sure itll be badass either way, just a bitch to work on like most euro engines.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
tougemaster
Zilvia Junkie

tougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choices
I like it simple and keep it old school so the new silvia is not what im looking for. It is good thing that Japan are bring their super car out again but the new look just not for me.
tougemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #14
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougemaster View Post
I like it simple and keep it old school so the new silvia is not what im looking for. It is good thing that Japan are bring their super car out again but the new look just not for me.
Silvia's aren't super cars...
Old 12-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #15
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I have a good feeling that the USDM will get the short end of the stick, like always.

The Japanese will either get something awesome, or they'll get something shitty to be replaced with something awesome halfway through the release cycle.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Yeah, I have a good feeling that the USDM will get the short end of the stick, like always.

The Japanese will either get something awesome, or they'll get something shitty to be replaced with something awesome halfway through the release cycle.
I've said it before, but I won't be surprised if we get MR20 or VR variant.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #17
fcukven1

fcukven1 is a well-known jackass
if they actually sell it for under 20k, i would either SR20 it or VQ it one or the other. Think about it lightweight version of the Z with an SX design, heart and soul of the good old days that would be a monster in every aspect .... TOUGE MONSTER .... written all over it
fcukven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #18
tougemaster
Zilvia Junkie

tougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choicestougemaster has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Silvia's aren't super cars...
I know Silvia arent super car.. but still it is rare to see s15 in USA.
tougemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #19
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
I doubt the car will get the "sx" at the end of it. The new Z didn't.

OBDII will severely limit your engine swap choices. You will most likely have to jump the same hurdles as you would for a 96+ s14. All the newer cars are infinitely more electronically complicated. Obviously if you aren't going to legally drive your $20k car on the street you can do whatever you want.

Either way I don't have enough posts to think for myself so I'll stand by and wait for your neg reps now. Thanks :-)
Old 12-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #20
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
that's because the Z is a... Z car... not an S chassis. here's some of those neg reps

-----

that said.. 2 liter turbo, rwd, 20k price point? i'm down.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #21
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sounds awesome to me. I like the price range and it's a turbo.

Makes me wonder about the US version though.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #22
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Either way I am keeping my S13, but I will enjoy working on everyone elses new Nissan's like always. Bring on the new toy please, I'd like to take one apart.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #23
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
The Z never had and SX after it. It had an X.

The reason I say it'll get the SX designation is because it's more familiar to MOST Americans. Enthusiasts are different. And most manufacturers don't build cars JUST for enthusiasts.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #24
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
that's because the Z is a... Z car... not an S chassis. here's some of those neg reps

-----

that said.. 2 liter turbo, rwd, 20k price point? i'm down.
300zx ring a bell? Now it is the 350z. It's ok though, we'll agree to disagree. I returned the favor.

Quote:
The Z never had and SX after it. It had an X.

The reason I say it'll get the SX designation is because it's more familiar to MOST Americans. Enthusiasts are different. And most manufacturers don't build cars JUST for enthusiasts.
No shit? I wasn't talking about the "s". I was simply saying that they dropped the "x" on the 300zx when it became the 350z, they might do something similar and carry a changed name on the new s chassis. It is all speculation at this point. Man you guys take this stuff really seriously. Oh noes, someone doesn't think the same way I do...lol
Old 12-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #25
drftkng951
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
drftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipzide View Post
Sounds awesome to me. I like the price range and it's a turbo.

Makes me wonder about the US version though.
idk about the price range.....2.0 liter turbo.....for ONLY 20k....the ugly Mazda speed 3 with a 2.3 turbo starts at 23k, idk piece of shit dealers always wanna over price there cars to.....
don't get me wrong it sounds awesome but i think its gonna cost more...
and even the 2.5 liter sentra starts at 20k.....
idk it sounds too good to be true

and about the US version.. hopefully they do the same thing as they did with newer US subaru's came with a 2.5 liter and jdm i heard came with 2.0
Old 12-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #26
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I figured that's what you meant, but wanted to clarify.

Quote:
Oh noes, someone doesn't think the same way I do...lol
Drop the childish attitude. This thread isn't about your rep or how your opinion is different from everyone else's. We all have different opinions. Stay on topic or stop posting. Simple as that.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #27
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftkng951 View Post
hopefully they do the same thing as they did with newer US subaru's came with a 2.5 liter and jdm i heard came with 2.0
that is correct
Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #28
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftkng951 View Post
and about the US version.. hopefully they do the same thing as they did with newer US subaru's came with a 2.5 liter and jdm i heard came with 2.0
Because American's LOVE larger displacement engines.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #29
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I've said it before, but I won't be surprised if we get MR20 or VR variant.

Yeah, I'm almost sure that the motor will be an MR20 variant. It's already in a couple renaults iirc and should be replacing the sr, someone correct me if I'm blowing total smoke out of my ass.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #30
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
300zx ring a bell? Now it is the 350z. It's ok though, we'll agree to disagree. I returned the favor.

No shit? I wasn't talking about the "s". I was simply saying that they dropped the "x" on the 300zx when it became the 350z, they might do something similar and carry a changed name on the new s chassis. It is all speculation at this point. Man you guys take this stuff really seriously. Oh noes, someone doesn't think the same way I do...lol
Ya but the 350z was returned to the Z designation only because it was returning to the whole original concept VS a ZX being a bloated luxoed out version of the original concept.
I.E. it was not a new name change it was a return.
On top of that Silvia's and Gazelles never had the S designation in the name and had the SX designation outside the Japanese market . On top of that the SX designation saw world wide usage on the 180sx,200sx,240sx.
No reason for Nissan to nix that familarity. The Silvia was a home(and partial UK/Australia) market nameplate.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote