Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #31
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
300zx ring a bell? Now it is the 350z. It's ok though, we'll agree to disagree. I returned the favor.

No shit? I wasn't talking about the "s". I was simply saying that they dropped the "x" on the 300zx when it became the 350z, they might do something similar and carry a changed name on the new s chassis. It is all speculation at this point. Man you guys take this stuff really seriously. Oh noes, someone doesn't think the same way I do...lol

Why the hell would they drop the X in the
SX just because they did so in the "ZX"? They dropped the "X" from the 350Z because they were trying to bring back the history and spirit of the original 240Z WHICH IS THE FIRST GENERATION "Z"

imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #32
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
SX just because they did so in the "ZX"? They dropped the "X" from the 350Z because they were trying to bring back the history and spirit of the original 240Z WHICH IS THE FIRST GENERATION "Z"

hehehehehehe the same thing I just posted in different wording.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:23 AM   #33
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I am excited to see a mr20det. Its whats in the "euro garbage"...

I dont care what they call it - just as long as i like how it looks and drives. I cant stand the seats in the G, so i hope the seats are more comfy.

I'm also anxious to see if they go nuts and do a vq30det or vq25det - it'd be fun.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #34
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
i wonder how much nissan will give me on trade in for my Z in 2010, i hope the new silvia is 5 lug and at least comes with brembos.

i have a feeling its going to be ugly.

2.0 turbo rwd, im down. its prob going to have 25+mpg.

i dont want anything to do with it if it doesn't at least have a MAP sensor, sick DUAL variable cams and direct injection. its 2010 nissan, do it.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #35
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post

Well speculate for a second. They bring the GTR over with out changing the letters (thank God). They bring the Z back with out the X. Would it be so completely inconceivable to see it labeled "Silvia" this time around? Considering the 240sx was such a flop back in the day it stands a chance that they want the car to have a new image, especially if it is going to have a turbo charged power plant. All the free advertising Nissan would get from the community would be worth it. The hype would be intense. Have the entire line up featured in a movie like Chevy did in Transformers. If it is marketed right (big if) they could pull it off. Fresh thinking and marketing is what sells cars now.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #36
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya but the 350z was returned to the Z designation only because it was returning to the whole original concept VS a ZX being a bloated luxoed out version of the original concept.
I.E. it was not a new name change it was a return.
On top of that Silvia's and Gazelles never had the S designation in the name and had the SX designation outside the Japanese market . On top of that the SX designation saw world wide usage on the 180sx,200sx,240sx.
No reason for Nissan to nix that familarity. The Silvia was a home(and partial UK/Australia) market nameplate.
Quote:
Well speculate for a second. They bring the GTR over with out changing the letters (thank God). They bring the Z back with out the X. Would it be so completely inconceivable to see it labeled "Silvia" this time around? Considering the 240sx was such a flop back in the day it stands a chance that they want the car to have a new image, especially if it is going to have a turbo charged power plant. All the free advertising Nissan would get from the community would be worth it. The hype would be intense. Have the entire line up featured in a movie like Chevy did in Transformers. If it is marketed right (big if) they could pull it off. Fresh thinking and marketing is what sells cars now.
I think drift freaq makes the best point about that.

No matter what they call it, it's gonna get a tremendous amount of hype, and Zilvia is going to get a LOT of new members and have all new hurdles.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #37
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
Wow I cant believe some of the people in this thread. Unfortunately for me I know for a fact that by 2010 I wont want some cheap 20k car for my new dd. It's just gonna be my baller dd and built s13. Baller dd + built 13 + new s16??? Nahhh too much. Rather spend it on hookers

Edited- no need for name calling. People are entitled to their own opinions.
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #38
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Well to be quite honest, in the first two years of 240sx sales it was not a flop! They sold 60k units a year. While not the kinda of numbers a grocery getter Honda Civic would do,quite respectable for a entry level sports car/sports coupe. Yes more fastbacks were sold than coupes, so I guess you could say the coupe was a flop.
In fact the original 240Z sold the same amount of numbers the first two years as well.

It(240sx) only dropped in sales after 1990, when Honda/Acura released the Integra with a stock 170hp engine and Ford added a V6 to the Probe offerings in the same HP range. Now Nissan North America being afraid of 240sx sales potentially hurting NA 300zx sales did not push the car at that point i.e. not emphasizing the fact that it was a a lighter RWD sports car for less money than the ZX.
The standard current generation of car buyers at that time had grown up on mom and dads FWD Honda's, Toyota's and Nissans among others.
They saw no difference between the Integra,Probe,240sx and went for the car with more HP. I saw this first hand.
That was were the flop was.
Oh ya and the car sold more units than the previous generation S12 did.

Now don't go bringing up the Miata as Mazda has milked the daylights out of it and it was a entry level roadster. Something the U.S. had not seen for quite a long time when it debuted, which cemented its instant popularity.

to sum up all statements in the last post I would tend to agree. Most of you will have moved on, by the time this car comes out. A few of the passionate will consider but be stuck on the old design as being superior . Most others will have moved on to other cars and only be thinking of coming back to the car that made the memories for them.
Trust me on this, there is a reason I heart 240Z's!

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #39
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaland9 View Post
i have a feeling its going to be ugly.

2.0 turbo rwd, im down. its prob going to have 25+mpg.
I hope it's not, but you know how it is with car companies nowadays...

I'm def. looking forward to this. I just hope Nissan doesn't mess things up by making stupid decisions and adding useless shit to it.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #40
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
I'm concerned about two things

1-it seems to me that all the new cars coming out are either downright ugly or at least less attractive than their current gen and

2-this may sound childish but I hope that price rises in the future, I don't want this to be another scion brand like crap with a bunch of kids who can barely afford the car driving like assholes and giving us (responsible modders) even more trouble with cops
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #41
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Well to be quite honest, in the first two years of 240sx sales it was not a flop! They sold 60k units a year. While not the kinda of numbers a grocery getter Honda Civic would do,quite respectable for a entry level sports car/sports coupe. Yes more fastbacks were sold than coupes, so I guess you could say the coupe was a flop.
In fact the original 240Z sold the same amount of numbers the first two years as well.

It(240sx) only dropped in sales after 1990, when Honda/Acura released the Integra with a stock 170hp engine and Ford added a V6 to the Probe offerings in the same HP range. Now Nissan North America being afraid of 240sx sales potentially hurting NA 300zx sales did not push the car at that point i.e. not emphasizing the fact that it was a a lighter RWD sports car for less money than the ZX.
The standard current generation of car buyers at that time had grown up on mom and dads FWD Honda's, Toyota's and Nissans among others.
They saw no difference between the Integra,Probe,240sx and went for the car with more HP. I saw this first hand.
That was were the flop was.
Oh ya and the car sold more units than the previous generation S12 did.

Now don't go bringing up the Miata as Mazda has milked the daylights out of it and it was a entry level roadster. Something the U.S. had not seen for quite a long time when it debuted, which cemented its instant popularity.

to sum up all statements in the last post I would tend to agree. Most of you will have moved on, by the time this car comes out. A few of the passionate will consider but be stuck on the old design as being superior . Most others will have moved on to other cars and only be thinking of coming back to the car that made the memories for them.
Trust me on this, there is a reason I heart 240Z's!
I was leaning towards a flop as in performance, not so much in sales. Lets face it, from the factory the 240 is soft and weak. It did take a chunk out of the Z's sales which contributed a little to some of Nissan's financial problems. It was marketed as a "chick car" and was powered as such. It was deemed disposable and reliable, that's why so many are in such poor condition today when we get them. Mine was no exception, the poor thing has a much better home now.

Yes, the 240Z has a place in my heart too. When I am more financially stable I will restore one <3
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #42
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
I was leaning towards a flop as in performance, not so much in sales. Lets face it, from the factory the 240 is soft and weak. It did take a chunk out of the Z's sales which contributed a little to some of Nissan's financial problems. It was marketed as a "chick car" and was powered as such. It was deemed disposable and reliable, that's why so many are in such poor condition today when we get them. Mine was no exception, the poor thing has a much better home now.

Yes, the 240Z has a place in my heart too. When I am more financially stable I will restore one <3
Well like I stated the HP numbers vs the competition in the DOHC years is one of the reasons sales fell. Though if compared to the 240z its Hp to weight numbers were close. Suspension wise it really was no different than the Japanese counterparts stock from the factory (exception being swaybar size in the rear i.e. minor detail).

If you think it was soft try these numbers on for size. .89 skid pad rating for a off the showroom floor SE. Thats 2 points below a C6 Corvette and world class sports car skid pad numbers .29 cg a very low cg rating! and and a .31 drag coefficient i.e. very slippery.
I would not say those were soft numbers. In fact they were vastly superior to original 240z numbers.
The car also weighed 2650-2750 which was the exact same weight as a mid 72 240z after federal crash safety standards started to be implemented. Again considering the standards had become more stringent by 1990 (yet to be relaxed by then current republican administration)
It was not marketed that hard as a chick car,as it was marketed as a sporty econo. It was also not really marketed at all lol. I know I remember few commercials for it. Where as the ZX was marketed beyond belief.
Nissan's financial problems did not surface till the later days of the S14 and the S14 was indeed marketed differently if not well. Though by the time it came out the market had been lost already.

Nissan's financial problems were due to a lot of other factors and the 240sx in the U.S. did not really figure into that. I.E. a overly large powerplant line, lots of models that were not selling well, mismanagement and the Japanese economy tanking in a long term recession that they are only just know coming out of .

Yes the 180sx in Japan did eat 300zx sales big time but that was Japan.

Ya, I know enough with the facts already dave . hahhahahhahhahahahha lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #43
racerjake
Leaky Injector

racerjake is making his/her stupidity well-knownracerjake is making his/her stupidity well-knownracerjake is making his/her stupidity well-knownracerjake is making his/her stupidity well-known
Personally I think they should do a turbo of the Sentra SE-R's 2.5L motor. Call it the 250Z, and for once we have a better car than the rest of the world gets!
racerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #44
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
The MRxxDE is a replacement for the Sentra/Altima's QR25DE as far as i know.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #45
boost_it7
Leaky Injector

boost_it7 is making his/her stupidity well-knownboost_it7 is making his/her stupidity well-knownboost_it7 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to boost_it7
I don't think Nissan will hold out on the U.S. version of this car. They've been giving us a lot of good stuff lately, like the Nismo Z and the GT-R.

I really like the idea of the VQ25, especially if it had cool stuff like direct injection, and the HR stuff. The VQ is already the next big thing for Nissan, so why not use it?
boost_it7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #46
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
I think I already said it in a thread a few months back but QR is on it's way out so if it's going to be any of the current 4 bangers it would most certainly be the MR. QR sucks anyways......

VQ25DET like on the Stageas would be too cool.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #47
myzislow
Zilvia Junkie

myzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond reputemyzislow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjake View Post
Personally I think they should do a turbo of the Sentra SE-R's 2.5L motor. Call it the 250Z, and for once we have a better car than the rest of the world gets!
I dont know about that one, I replaced alot of 2.5s for oil consumption, and do a headgasket about every two weeks.
personally I would rather see the mr20det, offset crank ftw. should be ok as long as they dont use the mr18 piston rings....
myzislow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:03 AM   #48
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
optionzero is right - the QR motors are on the way out - the new sentra 2.0 are the mr20de. the se-r is a QR25 but its a peice of crap.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:03 AM   #49
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
yeah, this has to be a MR20DET

Few interesting things about it tho,

No VVT of any sorts (Variable Valve Timing)

Unsquare motor (84 bore and 91 stroke)

So, if they do this, T28 powered or something else?

Wonder what the torque output will be like as well.....
Old 12-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #50
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjake View Post
Why would they call a replacement for the Silvia/SX a Z? If that is the way they go (engine wise) it would only make sense for them to call it a 250sx here and a Silvia in Japan. Wouldn't bother me one bit.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #51
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Are you searious ? turbo that pos QR25DE? that is good for at most 300 hp at REDLINE OF 5k? lol no thanks

MRDET please!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #52
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
Are you searious ? turbo that pos QR25DE? that is good for at most 300 hp at REDLINE OF 5k? lol no thanks

MRDET please!
Er, my bad. I meant the MR. I'm retarded and thought that's what he said...oops.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #53
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
So, if they do this, T28 powered or something else?
most likely something IHI, as they seem to have made the switch with the GT-R
Old 12-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #54
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
most likely something IHI, as they seem to have made the switch with the GT-R
Great, the only IHI before the GT-R I heard of was the MT-F S14