Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #31
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
What Federals Were You Running Rb25 S13chuki?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #32
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
I think magazine companies do comparos all the time.

But dunno how true they are...

Last time I saw it, the rank was

Eagle F1
Azenis
And Federal

I think there was a 4th company, I know it wasnt first or last. Cuz first was Goodyear, and last was Federal.

Heres the thing I was surprised that federal was even in the comparison. It was very good to see and underdog tire company like federal on a big magazine like SportsCompact

If you got the cash get azenis, I had it, works great.
Other people agree.

If you wanna get something different, get the ferderals, not too bad. Heard good things about it.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #33
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f136...e-test-344939/
Go there and read about it. There's the facts.

The rest is how you setup your suspension to your car.

Try them out. I'm trying out a RT. I'm going other stuff later. I'm trying out everything. Then find what I like best.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 AM   #34
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
I refuse to use anything Federal makes unless it's for drifting. I hate that company for my own personal reasons...

I didn't really push my car too hard when I had RT-615's on it but they were pretty badass. Noticeable difference from the dry rotted RE70's My friend got to beat my car up a couple times since I've been gone and he says that with the new suspension the RT615's are pretty badass. However, I'll be switching to NT01's for my daily tires and using the RT615's to kill at Gymkhana events.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #35
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
First off, who of the above have ACTUALLY USED THE 595 RS?

Most of the people on this board are 17 year olds who do nothing other than pick products by NAME.

I have personally used the rs myself, and love them. The RS is comparable in price to the azenis, but offer a better size selection(which is why i went with the RS). Also, at the last gymkana event i was in, i spoke with a fellow s14 owner who had JUST switched from azenis to the RS. They said grip feels the same, but they don't feel like butter when hot.

I'm not nocking the azenis AT ALL, nor am i saying the RS is even a better tire. I AM SAYING, most, if not all the above poster prob. have never even seen a 595 RS in real life, yet alone driven on one. Look around and do your own research. Not many people have tried the RS yet simply because of name, however, i haven't heard a SINGLE BAD REVIEW from those who HAVE used them.

i have ran both fedi's the 595 and the rs

rs is a great tire. and the falkens are too but i do agree when pushed for too long the falkens tend to start to fall off.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #36
s14freak93901
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s14freak93901 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
both are great tires in there own way. the RT615's are great for competitions and autocross..straight up grip. yeah, drifting to but i rather use the federals for drifting. just try both company's out when you get the money.
s14freak93901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #37
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
What Federals Were You Running Rb25 S13chuki?

SS-595 235/45/17
Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #38
slownslurious
Zilvia Junkie

slownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choices
I dont remember if GRM tested the Federal's yet or not, I think either they did a comparison test, or they did a "first impression" test and promised a future comparison.
But if youre auto-X oriented thats probably where you will find the most reliable test data to back up a smart purchase.
slownslurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #39
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Why do people keep chiming in with their experience of the SS595 and think that they're talking about the 595RS?

They're totally different tires.

Here's the SS595 that most of you are talking about:

Here's the 595RS that this thread is talking about:

So if you have had a shitty experience with the SS595, please don't chime in and say that "I've had a shitty experience with the 595 and go RT-615 all the way" because quite honestly, you haven't even tried the 595RS to be able to make a good comparison.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #40
gotta240
Post Whore!

gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
So if you have had a shitty experience with the SS595, please don't chime in and say that "I've had a shitty experience with the 595 and go RT-615 all the way" because quite honestly, you haven't even tried the 595RS to be able to make a good comparison.[/quote]

My point exactly. Half the "shitty" shitty reviews are coming from people who are driving on 60 dollar tires with no traction. READ then REVIEW.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #41
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
actually I get good traction with brand new Federal 595SS. Run them at 28-30 psi hot. But yah RT615 and 595 RS is very comparible. I think it pretty much comes down to sizes.

When I was running RT-615 205/50/15, that City Tire Online was so nice to sell us always at a great price, on our 24 hours of lemons car, I didn't have any hint of greasyness and I was on my second stint ~3hr of the day 10 hr's total. But then again it was a stripped out FB with 115 wopping horsepower
Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #42
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
actually I get good traction with brand new Federal 595SS. Run them at 28-30 psi hot. But yah RT615 and 595 RS is very comparible. I think it pretty much comes down to sizes.

When I was running RT-615 205/50/15, that City Tire Online was so nice to sell us always at a great price, on our 24 hours of lemons car, I didn't have any hint of greasyness and I was on my second stint ~3hr of the day 10 hr's total. But then again it was a stripped out FB with 115 wopping horsepower
The only street tire that has some level of traction for me so far was the RT-615s.

I just do a little standing burnout in front of my house. then cruise off.

They grip a lot better in second after that.

They are no R-Comps and I need R-comps

But they get the job done for a strickly street tire.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #43
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
Where at? I'm there!

hahahahaaha

Anyway, back on topic...

Maybe your tires were just not heating up enough to where it would grease up? I don't know.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #44
4bangers
Zilvia Junkie

4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices
what about the General Exclaim UHP, they're pretty good aren't they?
4bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #45
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
^ no .........

and neither are any Federal
Old 02-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #46
gotta240
Post Whore!

^ have you tried the RS YOURSELF?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #47
slownslurious
Zilvia Junkie

slownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choices
^ "I don't need a dick up my ass to be sure I wouldn't like it."

lol seriously I just wanted to add that I found out when I bought my 615's last time, if you have a discount tires near you, they will price match internet and ebay stores, so you get convenience and service + cheaper prices.... could make them cheaper then the federals, thus making the decision (IIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO) an easy one.
slownslurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:26 AM   #48
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
I think that Logan has used both - maybe he can chime in
this is from the first page - no one read it because they were too busy talking about their temperature fading RT615's that go away horribly when they get heat in them.

someone actually has the RS tires on here - i seen it in a pic.

I'm gonna try them out and compare them to Hankook RS-2 that are on the car now.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #49
driftninja
Leaky Injector

driftninja is an unknown quantity at this point
im currently running rt-615s 225.40/18 on the front and the ss595 on the back 235/40/18 . this my first time not running the st115's on the back and im having problems with understeer a little too much traction which i thought i would like but now im considering ditching the 615s and running the rs595 ...maybe i just need more power screw it im buying a viper

Last edited by driftninja; 03-29-2008 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: fuckin spam man
driftninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #50
ivankol
Zilvia Member

ivankol is an unknown quantity at this point
falken all the way man the low profile ones don't last nearly as long as stock sized s13 alloys soft soft compound
ivankol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #51
Rnz520
Zilvia Junkie

Rnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rnz520
I like my Azenis, huge step up from my down to the wire bridgestones I had...
Rnz520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #52
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Well I guess we will all just have to wait for more real life users to chime in. It may be a while due to the tire being so new. Only time will tell from here...
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #53
gotta240
Post Whore!

They work fucking great. Nothing else to say.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #54
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
wow can ppl look at this post date?? Why do ppl bring this threads back.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote